Showing Jake Long some love | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Showing Jake Long some love

Long should be re-signed or tagged. Keep talent...stop letting it go.

Long should be re-signed or tagged. Keep talent...stop letting it go.

Its a lot harder to get talent when one player who isnt very talented is taking up over 10% of your cap space. Only a QB should be eating up that much cap room. There isnt another position in the game that important.

The problem with Long is the money, he STILL top 12 left tackle in the league, but can we afford to pay him like a top 5?

i would love to keep Long if he takes a pay cut .who knows he could turn it around

I have a hard time getting behind letting jake long go, than taking a left tackle in the first round of next years draft. Unless of course the idea is to draft a tackle in later rounds and hope you found a gem, and if you didn't I guess tannehill will be put on IR by week six. Unless the plan is to sign a LT in free agency, which won't come any cheaper than jake long resigning. Actually it would probably be more expensive considering some LTS have already turned down $50 million deals.

Offer jake long a fair contract, see if he will play the team card. Give him a 3 or 4 year deal, and don't make another damn hole on this team. If he balks at it, thats one thing, but never would I support letting him walk outright.

Jake Long will not be leaving. The dude has been playing through injuries time and time again. This year is his worst by far but you have to remember this guy was the best from day 1. They will resign him after they get assurance that he will rededicate himself. Players do it all the time. They get in a little slump.

Its a new system and new everything so if you think about where we will stand next year, Jake Long will still be a nice guy to have on the team.

Jake Long may be getting beat lately, but you have to remember about the grass being greener elsewhere. Jake has been the consumate proffessional. Just offer him less than what he makes now and get another G and a G/T type in the mix.

I have no problem with making him an offer based on how he's been playing. How much do the 12-15th ranked LT's make? That sounds about the right area. Throw in some incentives for lack of sacks allowed.

I will agree to disagree.
Dansby cannot cover backs or tight ends. Reminds me of Crowder (which pains me as a Gator Alumni). If I had the time I would highlight this game.
Middle of the road linebacker. Check his stats over the past 2 years.

To be fair, He is playing with one arm right now.

I have a hard time getting behind letting jake long go, than taking a left tackle in the first round of next years draft. Unless of course the idea is to draft a tackle in later rounds and hope you found a gem, and if you didn't I guess tannehill will be put on IR by week six. Unless the plan is to sign a LT in free agency, which won't come any cheaper than jake long resigning. Actually it would probably be more expensive considering some LTS have already turned down $50 million deals.

Offer jake long a fair contract, see if he will play the team card. Give him a 3 or 4 year deal, and don't make another damn hole on this team. If he balks at it, thats one thing, but never would I support letting him walk outright.

BRO ,we have a LT on the team as we speak thats not named Jake Long , its Martin and IF we need to move him bk to his org poss then we can find a RT alot easier than we can a LT imo. but lets hope Long sucks it up and plays like a pro bowl LT that we know he can and takes a discount , atleast around 8-9 mil a year ,so we can sign some BIG TIME PLAYERS .

We will overpay to keep Long. The posts stating otherwise is simply laughable. What options do you have better than Long? Some two bit rookie? Lmfao. Long is no doubt going to be re-signed, but we will/must overpay to make sure he doesn't go anywhere. Long let walk? That's friggin nuts. Even with the option to move him to RT and Martin over to LT, or you keep them at where they are and add a G, but Long is the very first we re-sign this off season. Bank on it. Lose Long? Pfft. Smdh.

Only players Miami will "let walk" are Brian Hartline (whose money we will use to help sign Jennings, Bowe, or Wallace), McDaniel, and Fasano (who we will upgrade over for sure). Long, Smith, Starks, Clemons (as backup), and Bush (via the tag if he wants too much) are all getting re-signed.

kinda wonder if he got a shot or something at the half, he moved better in the 2nd half, not sure if a quality motivational speech was enough for that significant of an improvement.

Yes, we can.

imo i dont think so , NOT for how he is playin, as i said b 4 we can move Martin bk to his org place coming out of college , blocking for andrew lucks blind side and imo he did a hell of a job at LT , so yeah if Long wants BIG MONEY and hasnt played up to potental than noway we sign him to long term when he cant block a cold and will take up alot of our cap space just to look like he dosent know whats going on , yeah he use to be pretty good , but now i just cant see Big Money being tied up in him , not unless he steps it up the rest of the year. then we shall see.

Back
Top Bottom