SI rates Ricky as 9th best | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

SI rates Ricky as 9th best

I think this isn't very fair tho. We ran RW more then just about anyone, so that will bring down his YPC. Then, we don't throw much to the RB and that will bring down those numbers. Then, we didn't score much lat year and that means RW didn't get many TDs, so his TD per touch #s were low.

I think RW as a RB, is at least in the top 3-4. We'll see what happens this year.

I hate when ppl grade talent by stats. If u do tht theres no need for argument, u can just look it up on the internet whose best. You have to watch players play to truly evaluate.

SpitOnSurtain80 said:
TH is Travis Henry. He was rated 12th. Dillon and Martin did not make the list.

Wrong. Martin was 13th on the list.

My rankings on my opinion of overall talent, not just numbers! There is a lot of things you can factor in when a player(of any position) puts up big numbers. Here goes.

1. Ladanian Tomlinson
2. Ahman Green
3. Priest Holmes
4. Ricky Williams
5. Jamal Lewis
6. Deuce
7. Clinton Portis
8. Shaun Alexander
9. Travis Henry
10. Fred Taylor
11. Stephen Davis

phinman1 said:
Sports Illustrated lists RW as the 9th best back in football. Their top ten:

1. LT
2. Priest
3. Ahman Green
4. Shaun Alexander
5. Jamal Lewis
6. Deuce
7. Fred Taylor
8. Portis
9. RW
10. Tiki

Agree LT is best. I would put RW ahead of Alexander, Deuce and Taylor at least. Also over Portis. We'll see how well he does without the magical Denver O-line. Nobody is showing Ricky any love. Hopefully, he reads this stuff and it will light a fire under him.

P.S. How do you post a link?

i would put him with the top 3. Four at the very least. What needs to be considered is the OL these guys have to run behind.

RW is so low because the offensive line sucked last year. Most people (I'm talking about people who aren't Dolfans) don't realize that you can put a lot of the blame on the offensive line on Ricky's bad season. A lot of people just look at his stats and say "Ricky had a bad season and isn't one of the elite backs in the league."

I think Ricky is the fifth best back in the league, behind Tomlinson, Holmes, Green, and Jamal Lewis.

Most of these running backs can catch and run so its hard because i kno that ricky isnt the best of catchers but i kno he can run.... so its hard for me too say...

Portis should be in top 3. The man is amazing and he is so young. You can say it was Denver's O-line all you want, but wait until he tears it up in Washington this year. The man is a monster.

1. Ladanian Tomlinson
2. Ahman Green
3. Priest Holmes
4. Ricky Williams
5. Jamal Lewis
6. Deuce
7. Clinton Portis
8. Shaun Alexander
9. Travis Henry
10. Fred Taylor
11. Stephen Davis
Great list, agree with everything. based on talent i think Priest and RW r almost identical...I think Ahman has the potential to b the best back in the leauge, but not yet neway.

SmokeyPhinz said:
How can Fred Taylor be 7th? This guy gets injured all the time. Thats as sick as Nomar leading SS votes in the All Star game without playing a game. It's a sham I say, a sham!

Taylor hasnt missed a game in over two years. How many backs can claim that (aside from Ricky)? Yes he was once known as "fragile", but hes been pretty durable over the last few years and rushed for over 1500 yards last season.

He's a great back thats been on a pretty awful team the last few years.

The way i see it, better chance of me getting him in fantasy football this year. As i remember thats about where i got him the year he lead the leauge in rushing.

Prime Time said:
Portis should be in top 3. The man is amazing and he is so young. You can say it was Denver's O-line all you want, but wait until he tears it up in Washington this year. The man is a monster.

Portis is, of course, very good. But don't discount what they do on the O-line over there. Why do you think they traded him? They knew they could plug someone else in. Look what that little guy did when he was injured. Griffin I believe his name was. He lit it up on Monday Night and destroyed the Colts.

I also think his injury problems last year was a view of things to come. He isn't all that big. Time will tell.

Ok I give up why wouldn't Ricky be # 1? The rankings were for best rb in the NFL not best RB from last season. LT is tough no doubt but I think at the end of everyone's career RW will have been a better rb over everyone else on that list. Priest is an animal but look at his o-line. Portis is gonna get mugged this year in Washington. Ahman Green has Favre 's passing game to help him out. Dillon is gonna realize real quick he's not in the division with the bengals anymore. Seau and Zach are gonna eat his lunch for him. Fred Taylors due for another injury. Jamal Lewis is going to F block. Ricky's the real deal.

Back
Top Bottom