SI rates Ricky as 9th best | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

SI rates Ricky as 9th best

Funny how things change in a year...if I remember correctly...RW won the rushing title in 2002...with 1800 + yards. He was the number one RB in 2002...NO DOUBT...oh and he did this on a team that does not have a creative offense...an inconsistent QB...and an okay o-line which got worse b/c of injuries and age!!!

Now let me tell you about P. Holmes...he's on a great Offense with a good QB...and All Pro TE. A. Green...we he plays with one of the top 3 QB's in the league...who takes a lot of pressure off him.

Yes...RW did not look the same in 2003 as he did in 2002. I really don't care how SI ranked him...

Our O-line will have a new attitude and will play nasty in the upcoming season. Jeno James is no Joke boys. WS has a year under his belt...and I heard he bulked up...OH YEAH!!! SM our center is going to open up the middle and he better get his crap together...no excuses for him...I don't want to hear any...VC will be our new RT...He will be better than Todd Wade...If I remember correctly...TW's best season was his rookie year so I see VC pancaking some peps this season...RG...that's the ???...but our O-Line is finally going to shape up...RUN RICKY RUN !!!

Go Fins!!!

I'm just excited about the things that RW and this team could accomplish this season...our O-Line could be down right nasty!!!

Go Fins!!!

My List:

1. Ladanian Tomlinson
2. Priest Holmes
3. Clinton Portis
4. Ahman Green
5. Jamal Lewis
6. Deuce
7. Ricky Williams
8. Travis Henry
9. Shaun Alexander
10. Fred Taylor

LT, Ricky share top notch.
Alexander and Deuce share number two but Macllister staying healthy on a hard Saints surface is a key.
Priest had 2 west teams with no D at all (Chargers gave up 2 team leaders, Raiders were injured, and Broncs second game was a hurt LB crew). Their schedule was much easier out of division for the most part.

This year some new no namer will make it up there, and if Edge james has one more full tank left watch out their O is in a groove.

Think Edge may reclaim top 3 and supplant the Priest. McAllister added the best FB, and Alexander has a Holmgren learn curve ready to break all out!

LTwill get reps, and Ricky will too. For the RB numbers, it is their league , everyone else is just playing in it!

FiN.in.RI said:
He hasn;t rushed in any playoff games has he?

If you count is time in New Orleans he ran for 14 yards on 6 carries and had one reception for 2 yards against the vikings in the 2nd round of the 2000 playoffs.

Mr.Murder said:
McAllister added the best FB

If you're referring to Sam Gash, you may be overestimating him. I don't think he has much left. I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't even make the team. He was signed as an insurance policy when we lost Terrelle Smith. The Saints will run Deuce mostly in single back sets this year. I'd expect alot of two tight end sets with Boo Williams and Ernie Conwell. When they do put a fullback in the game, look for it to be our 5th round pick Mike Karney.

iceblizzard69 said:
RW is so low because the offensive line sucked last year. Most people (I'm talking about people who aren't Dolfans) don't realize that you can put a lot of the blame on the offensive line on Ricky's bad season. A lot of people just look at his stats and say "Ricky had a bad season and isn't one of the elite backs in the league."

I think Ricky is the fifth best back in the league, behind Tomlinson, Holmes, Green, and Jamal Lewis.

You are probably righ in that's why he's rated so low. We rate him higher since he's done m ore with less. ALOT less!! ;)

You would think if the sportswritewrs, or some anyway, are going to rate the RBs, then they should rate them and not the "team"!

LT is the best no doubt, he rushed for 1500+ and caught 100 balls :eek: last year

Kearney is the best FB aside from philly's bloodied-nose of John Ritchie...

Saint Greg said:
If you're referring to Sam Gash, you may be overestimating him. I don't think he has much left. I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't even make the team. He was signed as an insurance policy when we lost Terrelle Smith. The Saints will run Deuce mostly in single back sets this year. I'd expect alot of two tight end sets with Boo Williams and Ernie Conwell. When they do put a fullback in the game, look for it to be our 5th round pick Mike Karney.

hey greg, since i pick 5th this year in our fantasy football league, what do you think, what kind of numbers deuce will put up this season ?

and somebody thinks that portis will be the same behind the redskins o-line ?

Wow. I normally have to call out Miami "homers" but I have to say that I am impressed that many of you are giving Travis Henry props. Travis Henry might be one of the most underrated football players in the NFL.

Henry doesn't dazzle. He reminds me a lot of a young Curtis Martin. Always moving forward and picking up critical yardage. Even many Bills fans don't realize how good Travis Henry is. Travis Henry has been Tom Donahoe's best draft pick so far in Buffalo.

Do not see Travis getting elite status though. Solid perhaps minus the fumbles...

The other name is Corey Dillon. Last year he showed a lot of "me" status.His new O line really doesn't move people off the ball. Its best blocker is the bakcup T who went to guard when Woody was injured. Woody was a good pro but the other guy had more run block ability. Woody moved laterally on pass blocking/switchs but that man was better on the point. Not a traditional pullblock guard, but a point power man.

Their best style with Woody was slide screens and passes, finesse runs. Late with him out they went power runs with 'Aunt'uan Smith. He was solid when he was not overused early.Bellichek and Weiss pulsed his production curve very well.

So Dillon and powerrun=play pass. Rules changes are for the spread and throw style. Will Dillon become the pass catch RB they expect? Hard to see them moving people off the ball with all of the size the East Defensive lines have.

Miami is getting there, the Bills have that size, the Jets O line missed their all pro interior man. The Pats are much more the finesse line and should use the rule change. Expect them to work Dillon reps in for the pass game, and try to use long handoffs to him to compliment downfield passing of bethel Johnson's speed target and Troy Brown's chain moving hands and smarts.

Which team saves the workhorse for the stretch run when weather dictates may be the key. Ricky and Corey are both trying to find the new game that fatures their skills in the pass game as a way to save their legs for the final month. Expect both to try so from a style standpoint. Each team has a pass heavy coach now.

East has so much talent per team. The Pats have chemistry going for them the most. Other teams have the parts but making it gel is the trick.

Back
Top Bottom