4. Shaun Alexander
5. Jamal Lewis
6. Deuce
7. Fred Taylor
8. Portis
9. RW
10. Tiki

P.S. How do you post a link?
I didn`t see one posted earlier so here it is.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2004/writers/b_duane_cross/06/23/tomlinson/index.html

To hell with SI, they`re all great backs. I don`t necessarily agree with the list, but I`m happy with the guy we got carrying the ball.

My List:

1. L.Tomlinson
2. D.McCallister
3. A.Green
4. C.Portis
5. J. Lewis
6. P.Holmes
7. R.Williams
8. F.Taylor
9. S.Alexander
10. E.James
11. K.Barlow
12. T.Henry
13. T.Barber
14. M.Bennett
15. D.Davis

I was shocked to see Rickey ranked at #9..........but even more shocked when I had to rank him as low as 7. I just can't see how you can rank him ahead of anyone in the top six.

I think that a lot of people underrate Deuce and Fred Taylor and a lot overrate Shaun Alexander.

burger13 said:
My List:

1. L.Tomlinson
2. D.McCallister
3. A.Green
4. C.Portis
5. J. Lewis
6. P.Holmes
7. R.Williams
8. F.Taylor
9. S.Alexander
10. E.James
11. K.Barlow
12. T.Henry
13. T.Barber
14. M.Bennett
15. D.Davis

I was shocked to see Rickey ranked at #9..........but even more shocked when I had to rank him as low as 7. I just can't see how you can rank him ahead of anyone in the top six.

I think that a lot of people underrate Deuce and Fred Taylor and a lot overrate Shaun Alexander.

I think your list and opinion would be alot different if done at the end of the 2002 season....btw, I wouldn't trade Ricky for anyone above him on your list.

Ok, here's my list. Keep in mind there are a ton of great backs in the league, maybe the best group ever.

1. L. Tomlinson
2. J. Lewis
3. P. Holmes
4. C. Portis
5. D. McCallister
6. A. Green
7. R. Williams
8. F. Taylor
9. S. Alexander
10. S. Davis
11. T. Henry

Tomlinson is clearly #1 in my book, numbers 2-8 are thisclose in terms of abilty, so they're interchangable IMO.

phinman1 said:
Sports Illustrated lists RW as the 9th best back in football. Their top ten:

1. LT
2. Priest
3. Ahman Green
4. Shaun Alexander
5. Jamal Lewis
6. Deuce
7. Fred Taylor
8. Portis
9. RW
10. Tiki

Agree LT is best. I would put RW ahead of Alexander, Deuce and Taylor at least. Also over Portis. We'll see how well he does without the magical Denver O-line. Nobody is showing Ricky any love. Hopefully, he reads this stuff and it will light a fire under him.

P.S. How do you post a link?

I don't like that list at all. I like Ahman Green, and I used to give him credit years ago for being a great RB, but he's getting too much credit coming in as the 3rd best back. That's arguably the NFLs best OL there in GB and Green has a very good thing going for him there what with the great passing game and blocking. Shaun Alexander is getting too much credit too. People like putting him on their list because he doesn't get the recognition he should but 4th is too high.

I think the best RBs in this league in no order are Deuce McAllister, Ladanian Tomlinson, Ricky Williams, Fred Taylor (when he takes care of himself) and Jamal Lewis. These guys have the size and speed combination and their success can't be easily attributed to their offenses' or OL's greatness.

That's not to say that I don't recognize the other RBs' abilities. Hell, they left off some other names that I'd put ahead of Tiki Barber (like Corey Dillon, Edgerrin James and Travis Henry) probably because they have a short-term memory/"what have you done lately" mentality.

It's based on stats, so keep in mind that ricky didn't have the year he did two years ago. Next year hell hopefully be top 3 :D

Al13 said:
hey greg, since i pick 5th this year in our fantasy football league, what do you think, what kind of numbers deuce will put up this season ?

It's always difficult to predict what a back will do from year to year. I think Deuce will have a great season...Just as i'm sure alot of people around here believe Ricky will have a great season. Deuce can pretty much do it all. He has breakaway speed, under-rated power, good hands, and rarely fumbles. Add on to that the fact that he rarely misses a game due to injury, he has a good line and a good supporting cast, and i'd say he's a pretty safe pick in the top half of the first round. If he were there at 5th, i'd take him.

PhinPhreak said:
Well not that I want to give credit to the Bills for anything :lol: but Travis really should be up there in the top 10.
Tiki, alexander, and taylor ahead of henry is laughable. Tiki even being the top 10 is outrageous!

PS: cute kid. i have a 2 year old nephew. kids are great when they are not yours. :D, BTW shouldnt that be considered some sort of child abuse, dressing children up in dolphin wear? :D

My list:

1. Tory Hanbrick
2. Rob Konrad
3. Kevin Faulk
4. James McKnight (remember the 80 yard run?)
5. Emmit Smith
6. LT
7. Tim Ruddy
8. Ricky Williams
9. Wanstedt
10. Dolfinatic

Ricky's top 5 easy, with a better line last year, his stats would have been tons better, hopefully that changes this year with our O-line stepping up some.

here it is

L Tomlinson
A Green
P Holmes
C Portis
R Williams
S Alexander
J Lewis
M Faulk
S Davis
Domanick Davis-started 6 games i think and still lit up the field

how can u honestly not have C-Po not in the top 5?

Back
Top Bottom