SI rates Ricky as 9th best | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

SI rates Ricky as 9th best

and you could knock me for this but i dont have any respect for T Henry's skills. He is fits in the Buffalo system where running him is the 3rd option after passing to Mouldy and Reed. And because they spread the field like that he gets his running yards. OK good for him. But if he was to go and play for teams like miami (with O-line problems) or San Diago, he would be good for nothing more than 600 playing every down. He is not a top ten you could squeeze him into 15 with a prayer. but once u take him out of the system he will portray the mediocre back he is. The top ten should encompase the backs that "make the yards" themselves like Ricky and LT

RICKYSABEAST said:
Ok I give up why wouldn't Ricky be # 1? The rankings were for best rb in the NFL not best RB from last season. LT is tough no doubt but I think at the end of everyone's career RW will have been a better rb over everyone else on that list. Priest is an animal but look at his o-line. Portis is gonna get mugged this year in Washington. Ahman Green has Favre 's passing game to help him out. Dillon is gonna realize real quick he's not in the division with the bengals anymore. Seau and Zach are gonna eat his lunch for him. Fred Taylors due for another injury. Jamal Lewis is going to F block. Ricky's the real deal.

No offense dude, but this post seems a bit... homeristic to me...

I love Ricky, he is definately one of the top backs in the league. But to say he is #1 after last season is pushing it. Sure the poor offensive line played a big part in Ricky's 3.5 yards per carry avg. but it still comes into play in a topic like this.

So if you are evaluating just on overall talent, and not numbers... What makes RW better than LT, AG, PH ??

Priest has a great line.
Green has a hall of fame QB.
Tomlinson?? He is worse off than Ricky. He is the Charges only real offensive threat.

Based on talent alone, LT is the best back in the league.

PhinSoldia said:
and you could knock me for this but i dont have any respect for T Henry's skills. He is fits in the Buffalo system where running him is the 3rd option after passing to Mouldy and Reed. And because they spread the field like that he gets his running yards. OK good for him. But if he was to go and play for teams like miami (with O-line problems) or San Diago, he would be good for nothing more than 600 playing every down. He is not a top ten you could squeeze him into 15 with a prayer. but once u take him out of the system he will portray the mediocre back he is. The top ten should encompase the backs that "make the yards" themselves like Ricky and LT
Well.... uhhhh.... :lol: :lol: :lol: :mrt:

PhinSoldia ----->> :bong:

Dolphinizzle said:
No offense dude, but this post seems a bit... homeristic to me...

I love Ricky, he is definately one of the top backs in the league. But to say he is #1 after last season is pushing it. Sure the poor offensive line played a big part in Ricky's 3.5 yards per carry avg. but it still comes into play in a topic like this.

So if you are evaluating just on overall talent, and not numbers... What makes RW better than LT, AG, PH ??

Priest has a great line.
Green has a hall of fame QB.
Tomlinson?? He is worse off than Ricky. He is the Charges only real offensive threat.

Based on talent alone, LT is the best back in the league.

I don't know izzle (or is it shizzle) how we could properly determine who's the best RB in the league when each team posesses such a long list of intangibles. In order to really determine you would need to take all 12 rb's and put them on the same team and grade them game by game against the same opponent. I really think we're splitting hairs here since we without a doubt have one of the best rb's in the game. I think Ricky's # 1 and you think it's LT (how many games did he win for the chargers last year?).

PhinSoldia said:
Haha! I'd like to see what RW can do w/ a broken leg and a torn rib cartilage. Just so you know, close to 1400 yds that pass first and run last system (Gilbride is no longer w/ us) is not too shabby. Imagine if we insistead on running him first. You might wanna watch the bills games a lot closer just so you know what you are talking about.

Justasportsfan said:
Haha! I'd like to see what RW can do w/ a broken leg and a torn rib cartilage. Just so you know, close to 1400 yds that pass first and run last system (Gilbride is no longer w/ us) is not too shabby. Imagine if we insistead on running him first. You might wanna watch the bills games a lot closer just so you know what you are talking about.
So imagine what Ricky could do in a system like that. Point blank. there is a reason why the bills sqaundered the first round pick on a back that couldnt even play that year. and thats because the truth is my fat uncle steve can run for 1000 yards in the bills offense.

oboy I like your avatar.. do you have that picture in a bigger form??

my list
1. LT
2. Priest
3. Ahman Green
4. Ricky Williams
5. Jamal Lewis
6. Clinton Portis
7. Sean Alexander
8. Deuce McCalister
9.Fred Taylor
10. I dont know who but NOT TIKI

Justasportsfan said:

the only bills games i caught last yr were the 2 dolphins/bills games.. and we all know how those turned out :roflmao:

PhinSoldia said:

The fact that TH was often the last option in Buffalo's offense makes it easier for him to gain yards. First time I have ever heard anyone use that logic in an argument. And you say that Buffalo is able to spread the field, is that due to the awsome passing attack that they displayed last year? Consider the following:
A.) Gilbride was one of the worst OC in football last year.
B.) Travis Henry played with both a broken leg and torn ribs.
C.) Eric Moulds groin was injured almost the entire year, leaving Henry as the only viable threat.
D.) Drew Bledsoe had one of his worst, if not the worst, years in the NFL.

In spite of all this, Henry still manages to put together a 1400 yard season. I am not saying Henry is a top five back, but for the love of christ he belongs in the top ten!

TKO said:
The fact that TH was often the last option in Buffalo's offense makes it easier for him to gain yards. First time I have ever heard anyone use that logic in an argument. And you say that Buffalo is able to spread the field, is that due to the awsome passing attack that they displayed last year? Consider the following:
In spite of all this, Henry still manages to put together a 1400 yard season. I am not saying Henry is a top five back, but for the love of christ he belongs in the top ten!
lets get something straight ok. I have no respect for travis henry but i do respect Drew Bledso's arm,regardless of who u have on t he field catching passes for him. You guys must have the worst GM in football. because if Bledsoe is so great why do u trade to the first round for Lossman. and if Travis Henry is sooooooooooooooooooo great why draft Willis Mcgahee(who will not play for a season and a half) IN THE FIRST ROUND. and lets not even start a Ricky Williams VS Travis Henry Thread. like i said if my fat uncle steve was the back in that offense he would rack up 1000 yards(and he probably runs about 8.5 in the 40.

PhinSoldia said:
lets get something straight ok. I have no respect for travis henry but i do respect Drew Bledso's arm,regardless of who u have on t he field catching passes for him. You guys must have the worst GM in football. because if Bledsoe is so great why do u trade to the first round for Lossman. and if Travis Henry is sooooooooooooooooooo great why draft Willis Mcgahee(who will not play for a season and a half) IN THE FIRST ROUND. and lets not even start a Ricky Williams VS Travis Henry Thread. like i said if my fat uncle steve was the back in that offense he would rack up 1000 yards(and he probably runs about 8.5 in the 40.

Who said Bledsoe is a great QB? You will never hear those words come out of my mouth. And while Henry is a GOOD back, he is not great. McGahee, he on the other hand has the potential to be an elite back in this league for a long time. The key word in that statement is potential. Neither you or I can sit here and say that the McGahee pick was a waste or a tremendous value. The jury is still out. With regards to the Loseman pick, its called planning for the future, something Miami should have done before Marino called it quits. And for any Miami fan to say Buffalo has the worst GM in the league, you've got to be kidding. The Dolphins wouldn't know a decent GM if they saw one. Just for the record, you respect Drew for the numbers he put up last year but don't respect a 1400 yard rusher in TH. Makes all the sense in the world to me. NOT

TKO said:
. The Dolphins wouldn't know a decent GM if they saw one. Just for the record, you respect Drew for the numbers he put up last year but don't respect a 1400 yard rusher in TH. Makes all the sense in the world to me. NOT

You see there you go misquoting me yet again. I never once said that I respect his numbers last season. I respect his arm...theres a difference. And your absoultey right about Mcgahee. The verdict will be out on him pretty soon, to (dear i use this word again) "sqaunder" a pic that would probably have been there well into the 3rd round says that your guys in the head office have a lot to drink before they start the day.

TKO said:
Who said Bledsoe is a great QB? You will never hear those words come out of my mouth. And while Henry is a GOOD back, he is not great. McGahee, he on the other hand has the potential to be an elite back in this league for a long time. The key word in that statement is potential. Neither you or I can sit here and say that the McGahee pick was a waste or a tremendous value. The jury is still out. With regards to the Loseman pick, its called planning for the future, something Miami should have done before Marino called it quits. And for any Miami fan to say Buffalo has the worst GM in the league, you've got to be kidding. The Dolphins wouldn't know a decent GM if they saw one. Just for the record, you respect Drew for the numbers he put up last year but don't respect a 1400 yard rusher in TH. Makes all the sense in the world to me. NOT

Wouldn't know a decent GM? Mueller himself said he thinks RS is doing a fine job, as did no less a source than Wolf. RS will prove to be a top GM in the NFL, we are lucky to have him. He's certainly better then the overrated and tired Donahoe, who continues to put nothing together in Buffalo.

PhinSoldia said:
You see there you go misquoting me yet again. I never once said that I respect his numbers last season. I respect his arm...theres a difference. And your absoultey right about Mcgahee. The verdict will be out on him pretty soon, to (dear i use this word again) "sqaunder" a pic that would probably have been there well into the 3rd round says that your guys in the head office have a lot to drink before they start the day.

Why do you respect the arm of a QB that has yet to put up even respectable numbers in the last season and a half? If the Bills are able to spread out the offense as well as you stated they could earlier in the thread, then why are the numbers for Bledsoe so pathetic? Face it, you show no love for TH because of the uniform he wears and not because of a lack of talent. Its about the same as me saying RW sucks and shouldn't be in the list of the top ten RBs in the league, which both you and I know is BS, but unlike you, I am willing to give credit where credit is due. And WM being available in the 3rd round, I highly doubt. How can you make this statement with any certainty?

Back
Top Bottom