SI rates Ricky as 9th best | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

SI rates Ricky as 9th best

Justasportsfan said:
I was in shock at first and after it was explained, it made sense. There was nobody else and no one knew Boldin would've panned out the way he did.

True!
Boldin wasn't a first round caliber at that point in time.

phinman1 said:
Why draft one who just suffered a horrendous knee injury........ He'll never be what he could have been.
I was wondering that too until I remembered someone finfans are not familiar w/ .... Thurman Thomas.

THATHURMANATOR said:
You did not read my earlier post?

No we didn't need him but it was a value pick.
WTF? :confused: I'm askin YOU if YOU agreed with the pick. I know the reasons Donohoe gave to pick him. I want to know if YOU agreed with it.

LIQUID24 said:
WTF? :confused: I'm askin YOU if YOU agreed with the pick. I know the reasons Donohoe gave to pick him. I want to know if YOU agreed with it.

Yes I did agree with it!

like you sig BTW.

phinman1 said:
The Mcghahee pick was awful. They already had a good young back. Why draft one who just suffered a horrendous knee injury. Anyway, this topic has been beaten to death. I was sad to see him go down with such a bad injury. He'll never be what he could have been.

Here you go again with making claims about the health of Mcghahee. Tell me, are you a doctor? It should be obvious that Buffalo wouldn't have drafted WM if the medical staff didn't think he could make a complete recovery. And like I said earlier, Henry is a good back, but WM has the potential to be an elite back. The idea in this league is to try and improve at every position possible from one year to the next. So if McGhahee come back 100% and is a better back than TH, how is that a wasted pick? I hope Willis rips it up so people like you who have not a clue will STFU!

I like Both TH and WM. One will have to go but it will be good trade bait!

Back to the point. If you look at most of the backs listed they are more of the electric type of back. Holmes puts up those gaudy td numbers, Lewis had a great season. I think you have to look at this as more of a list of the funnest backs to watch. Taylor stays injured to much to even make the list. Where are the pats fans and why are they not complaining about dillion not being on the list. Henry is better then a few of the backs listed. Why is Tiki on this list, I do not see him as one of the best backs in the nfl at all. He should make the to 15 but not the top ten. Do I think ricky is the best back in the league? no!!! But he is amoung the top 6 or 7.

TKO said:
Here you go again with making claims about the health of Mcghahee. Tell me, are you a doctor? It should be obvious that Buffalo wouldn't have drafted WM if the medical staff didn't think he could make a complete recovery. And like I said earlier, Henry is a good back, but WM has the potential to be an elite back. The idea in this league is to try and improve at every position possible from one year to the next. So if McGhahee come back 100% and is a better back than TH, how is that a wasted pick? I hope Willis rips it up so people like you who have not a clue will STFU!

No I'm not a doctor. But you don't need to be to see Mcghahee has suffered an injury which will never leave him at full strength. As for the medical staff, they can make mistakes. Look at Grant Hill in Orlando, who was cleared by Doctor's. Time will tell. Hey if I was a Bill fan, I would be saying the same thing you are. You gotta believe, right?

Greatscott127 said:
Back to the point. If you look at most of the backs listed they are more of the electric type of back. Holmes puts up those gaudy td numbers, Lewis had a great season. I think you have to look at this as more of a list of the funnest backs to watch. Taylor stays injured to much to even make the list. Where are the pats fans and why are they not complaining about dillion not being on the list. Henry is better then a few of the backs listed. Why is Tiki on this list, I do not see him as one of the best backs in the nfl at all. He should make the to 15 but not the top ten. Do I think ricky is the best back in the league? no!!! But he is amoung the top 6 or 7.

Good post. I agree.

phinman1 said:
No I'm not a doctor. But you don't need to be to see Mcghahee has suffered an injury which will never leave him at full strength. As for the medical staff, they can make mistakes. Look at Grant Hill in Orlando, who was cleared by Doctor's. Time will tell. Hey if I was a Bill fan, I would be saying the same thing you are. You gotta believe, right?

All indications at this point and time point towards Mchgahee to be at or very close to 100%. The guy has worked his A off to get there too!

WharfRat said:
Deuce Staley shouldn't even be on that list....

The other Deuce, as in McAllister. I thought the same thing when I first read the list!

phinman1 said:
No I'm not a doctor. But you don't need to be to see Mcghahee has suffered an injury which will never leave him at full strength.

Tell that to Jamal Lewis. I won't go as far to say that Jamal's injury was equally as bad, but it was pretty nasty also.

...ive been reading this thread and all I can say is there are MANY factors in determining a top back...example w/ Ricky is that we have had no real threat in the passing game to date so teams would stack the box....played with 8 in the box proboly 80% of the time and used a saftey to help on CC because we had no real threat at the other wr position...so I ask you RW doubters, who could rush for nearly 1400 yds with those elements???? My opinion of "the top backs" based on circumstance and not just the stat book..

1. Tomlinson-a one man offense IMO the best back in fball.
2. Ricky-I would love to see how some of these other backs wouldve done n MIA
3. Ahman Green-yes I know..Favre.. but a VERY good back.
4. Jamal Lewis-a bruiser has a great oline though.
5. Holmes-he plays in a very wide open OFF W/ the best o-line in f-ball.

after that its anyones guess..

DBoston80 said:
so I ask you RW doubters, who could rush for nearly 1400 yds with those elements????.

Alot of runningbacks should, if you give them the ball 400 times.

DBoston80 said:
My opinion of "the top backs" based on circumstance and not just the stat book.

In 5 years how many times has he had a season where he looked like the best RB in football? How many years did he have a terrible OL?

Back
Top Bottom