Sid Rosenberg | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Sid Rosenberg

Isnt Sid the disgruntled kicker Wandstedtt cut while in Chicago?

790 Needs John Crenshaw(?on spelling last name) He was great on One on One sports. Had an issue w/ program director or something. This guy was a great sports talk show host. Far, far better then Rome,Patrick,Cowherd, or Myers.

This guy would have players from all over calling him to make bets on the weeks game, especially Jets players when they played the Fins. They liked the guy, b/c he could give them a hard time in a fun way. I really think he would shoot the ratings back up!!!!!!

John "The Freak" Renshaw really knows his sports. He is well versed in every sport.

Just wondering who some of your favorites are. Also ones you can't stand. As for me really like Tony Bruno on Fox Radio . Also on Fox Johnny Wrenshaw (spelling ?) .

Just some quotes from other sites on their favorite broadcasters!!!!

He allowed his mental health issues to interfere with his professionalism and he eventually disappeared from the station toward the end of 2004. When the subject of “wasted talent” pops up, a mental image of John Renshaw should accompany it. He was once the best syndicated sports talk radio host in the country. He remains my all-time favorite sports talk personality. Unfortunately, he is also a great example of what not to do with your skills.

I guess he has a drinking problem and airs out his differences w/ station policies on air. To bad! Maybe he will find XM better for him.

BSQX4 said:
LeBatards voice bothers me and Boog is just too much into arguing with the callers.

Couldn't agree more than with the comment about Boog. That guy is completely UNBEARABLE to listen to....which is why i dont listen to him anymore. He claims to be fair and listen to opinions, but he always ends up trying to trump the caller and it results in an argument. He proclaims he's right, end of discusssion. The guy just ALWAYS thinks he's right. To me, he's a bigger ego than leBatard and thats bad if it comes to that.

Between Sid rambling on about non-sense, Boog's ego and Lebatards just flat out an idiot, I can't listen to that station at all anymore. I'm happy for the people that enjoy their shows, but for some of us...its not an enjoyment at all.

IMO Sid's not all that bad. He has said on countless occasions that he is a Giants fan 1st and a Dolphins fan 2nd. Ok, at least he's honest about that. And he doesn't make up stuff. He is good journalistically. I have no problems about him talking about Miami sports.

Sid is a poor man's version of Howard Stern. Having grown up in Jersey, I can relate to him on many different levels. I find his interviews with the Sopranos real interesting -- considering that's my all-time fav show on Cable.

Sid didn't bash Saban. All he did was point out that Nick has a very explosive attitude due to the fact that he's consumed with us winning. And that's a good thing. He even compared him to the Tuna (I consider Parcells the best coach in football -- yes that includes the guy in N.E.). Why? Because he is actually the guy that taught "Patsy boy" all he knows and then it was passed on to Saban.

Sid all right in my book and I listen to him everyday on the internet. Even without OJ, Sid runs an excellent show.

And for those Sid bashers out there, remember it is seldom that we can good quality radio broadcasters in Miami. If you think any of the guys at 790 include LeBatard and Sciambi are as good or better than Sid -- then your crazy. As for the fat, old guy (Hank bla bla) that works at another Miami radio station, he is not even on the same planet in terms of talent.

OK, I've said my peace....

Gooooooooo Phinssssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!

Sid simply doesnt belong on Miami radio. its quite obvious he's getting hes chops back after a stint in rehab. I listen to the Fan all the way from toronto on the internet everyday. I tune into a Miami station to hear about the Miami Dolphins. Not hear about any other team from new York.. i dont want to hear about NY teams. For all you NYers living in south florida... there is always the internet for you to listen to your NY sportstalk about your favorite NY sports teams.

BSQX4 said:
If you can't stand his voice just tune out. The voice is subjective. LeBatards voice bothers me and Boog is just too much into arguing with the callers. Sid entertains me and rarely bothers me. People want to put him down for his recreational habits? Let he who is without sin cast the first stone. One thing about the guy, he backs up all his opinions with tons of facts. Get past the fact that he isn't a fin homer and he is a more than competant broadcaster. I've not heard him bash Saban or the Dolphins but I haven't listened to every show. Who's better, Bokamper? The vanilla Cefalo? Joe Rose? This guys more fun to listen to than any I just named. He's a character. I didn't say he has character I said he is a character. I just feel some of you guys have attacked him unfairly. Man, tough crowd!

Then I will cast the first stone. When his recreational habits interfere with the thing that allows him to have any recreational habits--namely, a job--then it's time to go. I never liked him on WFAN for the time he was there because I didn't like his character, but that didn't mean I wanted him off the air. His schtick wasn't for me, so I would turn the dial. Now that I have Sirius, I hope he doesn't wind up there.

Michael

Disgustipate said:
Rumor has it that 790 is going to end up switching format in March of next year anyway, so I'm not so sure this matter so much.

Where did you hear that???

Back
Top Bottom