Sinnett looked awesome! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Sinnett looked awesome!

You do realize he threw perfect bombs into coverage? Guessing you didn't watch the game. He also wasn't throwing to our best receivers. All in all it was fun to watch.

@1972forever
All teams at least 3 QBs on their 53 man roster, some have 4.
2 is the new 3.

BB really made this trend in vogue.

If Sinnett makes the 53, and that is a HUGE if, they view him as the long term backup to Tua and Brissett could be on borrowed time.

I will say, we do have a strong QB room right now. All of the guys seem to have command of the offense and can make all the throws.

That goes a long way to stabilizing your team's offensive leadership. It's also nice to know any of our QBs can push the offense and defense and add evaluation value at the bottom end.

It's hard to not get romantic for a guy like Sinnett, but today's 53 is cut throat and each spot has value. Especially when you consider the value of an extra WR.... WITH OUR FRAGILE group.

I will say, Bowden offered us an emergency QB. We don't have that now. Does that have enough value to warrant keeping Sinnett?

No... not in today's NFL.

Most teams 3rd QBs are carried on the Practice squad, indeed, this is exactly what we did last year.

Very few teams carry 3 active QBs these days.

Off the top my head, The Saints. Drew Brees, Tysom Hill, James Winston.
Pittsburg Steelers: Rothlisberger, Rudolph, Haskins.
Washington football team
Fitzpatrick, Heinecke, Allen
Philly Eagles: Hurts, Flacco, Minshew jr
TBBucs: Brady, Glabber? Trask.

Not naming every NFL team, sorry.

You can't just put a player on your Practice squad willy nilly. They go on waivers first allowing teams to attempt to claim them.

Last edited:
Off the top my head, The Saints. Drew Brees, Tysom Hill, James Winston.
Pittsburg Steelers: Rothlisberger, Rudolph, Haskins.
Washington football team
Fitzpatrick, Heinecke, Allen
Philly Eagles: Hurts, Flacco, Minshew jr
TBBucs: Brady, Glabber? Trask.

Not naming every NFL team, sorry.
Because it wouldn't do you any good... it's rare these days... and ALL of the teams you named had one thing in common, a very old QB.

You are wrong on this, and you will see it tomorrow.

Here is the line we will return to on Tuesday...

All teams carry at least 3 QBs on their 53 man roster, some have 4.

You do realize he threw perfect bombs into coverage? Guessing you didn't watch the game. He also wasn't throwing to our best receivers. All in all it was fun to watch.

@1972forever
All teams carry at least 3 QBs on their 53 man roster, some have 4.
I will fully admit that I maybe watched a total of 5 minutes. I just can’t get into preseason games played between players who won’t be on the roster by tomorrow afternoon.
‘I have no doubt he threw some beautiful passes and I certainly realize that he wasn’t throwing to the Dolphins top receivers. None of that chances my opinion that he won’t be on the 53 man roster of the Dolphins once the final cuts are made tomorrow. Hopefully he will be picked up by a team where he can be the backup QB but it won’t be the Dolphins.

I will fully admit that I maybe watched a total of 5 minutes. I just can’t get into preseason games played between players who won’t be on the roster by tomorrow afternoon.
‘I have no doubt he threw some beautiful passes and I certainly realize that he wasn’t throwing to the Dolphins top receivers. None of that chances my opinion that he won’t be on the 53 man roster of the Dolphins once the final cuts are made tomorrow. Hopefully he will be picked up by a team where he can be the backup QB but it won’t be the Dolphins.

I don't blame you. I go through other teams highlights and that last about 5 minutes. No point watching 3rd to 4th string play.

He's not going to get a roster spot as well as he played, but he's certainly good enough to go on the practice squad to keep around if/when he gets poached by another team that just had an injury.

Bottom line, if the team feels like Sinnett has potential they will find a way to keep him.

The QB position isn't one where you let promising young players walk.

Brissett may be immediately more reliable, but if the team thinks Sinnett has long term potential they will absolutely keep him somehow sincehe doesn't have trade value yet in his career. The position has too much value.

Bottom line, if the team feels like Sinnett has potential they will find a way to keep him.

The QB position isn't one where you let promising young players walk.

Brissett may be immediately more reliable, but if the team thinks Sinnett has long term potential they will absolutely keep him somehow sincehe doesn't have trade value yet in his career. The position has too much value.
I bet he would get snatched off waivers if you tried to put him on the practice squad after the game he played. Sinnett, showed hehas a really strong arm and throws the deep ball with accuracy.

Yes, teams will roster a QB who they believe can become a starting QB, but how many think the 'phins see Sinnett as an eventual STARTING QB? Anyone willing to make this allegation? Anyone?

My bet is that he is viewed as a potential backup QB... and if that's the case (it is), then there is no need to roster him-- guys like Brisset, Dalton, and Fitzpatrick are always available.

Yes, teams will roster a QB who they believe can become a starting QB, but how many think the 'phins see Sinnett as an eventual STARTING QB? Anyone willing to make this allegation? Anyone?

My bet is that he is viewed as a potential backup QB... and if that's the case (it is), then there is no need to roster him-- guys like Brisset, Dalton, and Fitzpatrick are always available.

I have no idea what they see him as, but a young backup who performs when necessary has trade value to some degree, which makes him more valuable in that role as well.

I’d like to point out that up until the game last night Sinnett has looked wildly unqualified to even be a back up NFL QB. He played a great game, but I would be shocked if we carry 3 QBs on our 53 man roster. That is a spot we’d give up for a young RB, WR or DB who might actually play. The only way Sinnett would see the field is if Tua and Brissett were injured at the same time.

I’d like to point out that up until the game last night Sinnett has looked wildly unqualified to even be a back up NFL QB. He played a great game, but I would be shocked if we carry 3 QBs on our 53 man roster. That is a spot we’d give up for a young RB, WR or DB who might actually play. The only way Sinnett would see the field is if Tua and Brissett were injured at the same time.

He looked pretty good in our other preseason games too. He also came into the league from a program that has nowhere near the facilities and abilities of an NFL team. Its not like Bama or LSU where you come from top facilities, weight programs and so forth.

I'm not saying he's a star in the making, but its not like he's had every advantage to this point either.

Considering that all 3 of our QBs have looked good this PS, I think Charlie Frye has brought some good stuff to the table.

Fair assessment.

We will see if the success translates to regular season games, but at the very least it seems he's done a solid job getting his group ready to play so far.

Back
Top Bottom