Sinnett looked awesome! | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Sinnett looked awesome!

Almost seems like Gailey was one of those old school guys who hates rookie QB's. Probably didn't do Tua many favors. Frye has to be a step up from Robby Brown.

Reid Sinnett-- could he be the next Kurt Warner?

His career, thus far, is quite similar: a one year start at a minor program, then bounces around for a few years while showing people that he best quality is his head, or possibly his work ethic.

I like this guy a lot... and if I'm Grier, I've already told him that I'll give him a serious shot at the backup job next year... offered to pay him some guaranteed dollars in 2022.

I seriously doubt that anyone is going to poach this guy to be their backup QB at this point in the season. A 24 year old backup with little experience and who'd have to start learning the offense from scratch? Maybe a really bad team would do that... maybe.

If he remains with us, he'll get $9,200 per week, and he'll get to continue working with the team who has allowed him to progress to this level. I think he'd be happy with that... he was a one year starter in HS, and a one year starter in college... he is used to waiting his turn.

Come on guys. It's great that we might have one of the better 3rd string QB's in the league, but....

Reid Sinnett-- could he be the next Kurt Warner?

His career, thus far, is quite similar: a one year start at a minor program, then bounces around for a few years while showing people that he best quality is his head, or possibly his work ethic.

I like this guy a lot... and if I'm Grier, I've already told him that I'll give him a serious shot at the backup job next year... offered to pay him some guaranteed dollars in 2022.

I seriously doubt that anyone is going to poach this guy to be their backup QB at this point in the season. A 24 year old backup with little experience and who'd have to start learning the offense from scratch? Maybe a really bad team would do that... maybe.

If he remains with us, he'll get $9,200 per week, and he'll get to continue working with the team who has allowed him to progress to this level. I think he'd be happy with that... he was a one year starter in HS, and a one year starter in college... he is used to waiting his turn.
What are Sinnett's limitations as a QB? Never really bothered to look into it...

What are Sinnett's limitations as a QB? Never really bothered to look into it...

I don't think anyone knows considering he hasn't had top strength and conditioning or coaching. Its hard to look at him and know what he can't do because he's bad at it and what he can't do because he needs the top level access to these things he never got that top college prospects often do have at their program.

No clue really... I doubt if anyone does.

He came out of a real small program and only started for the one year-- mind you, when he did finally start, he way outperformed the previous guy.

In Sunday's game, his arm appeared to be adequate and I saw maybe one bad throw... and that was on 4th down when it looked like he and his receiver were not on the same page. He barely missed a deep throw where Preston had a step that would have given him 25-30 more yards.

I do know that he was a priority free agent and Tampa ate 152K when they tried to slide him to the PS. As far as third string guys go, he seems to have a chance.

They aren’t keeping three QB’s on the finale roster, IMO. He isn’t better than Tua or Brissett and therefore I don’t see him making the final 53. At best he will be on their PS if another team doesn’t decide to pick him up on waivers to be their potential backup QB.
I guess the big question at this point is whether or not another team sees him as better than their current second stringer. I don’t see many (if any) teams carrying 3 QBs on the roster unless they’re already holding onto one they want to develop. I could see him clearing waivers and making it to our practice squad but there’s definitely a possibility he gets poached when the injuries start to happen.

Yes, teams will roster a QB who they believe can become a starting QB, but how many think the 'phins see Sinnett as an eventual STARTING QB? Anyone willing to make this allegation? Anyone?
Well, stranger decisions have been made in Miami... Philbin thought that Dallas Thomas was a starting quality o-lineman. :chuckle:

After yesterday's game, I can see some team wanting to sign him.

I guess the big question at this point is whether or not another team sees him as better than their current second stringer. I don’t see many (if any) teams carrying 3 QBs on the roster unless they’re already holding onto one they want to develop. I could see him clearing waivers and making it to our practice squad but there’s definitely a possibility he gets poached when the injuries start to happen.

I've long said there are 26-28 NFL starters in the league, which should beat hint of the3rd backup QB quality. RS is better than most 3rd stringers

I honestly have to agree, this kid was a good QB for most of the game. He kept control of the offense and took his shots when he had the opportunity. He was working with the bottom part of our roster as well and I feel if we try to hide his m on the practice squad someone will swoop in and snatch him. He has a good mind for the game and that's difficult to find these days

I honestly have to agree, this kid was a good QB for most of the game. He kept control of the offense and took his shots when he had the opportunity. He was working with the bottom part of our roster as well and I feel if we try to hide his m on the practice squad someone will swoop in and snatch him. He has a good mind for the game and that's difficult to find these days

That spin move he did to avoid the pass push probably got someone fired, lol.

Back
Top Bottom