SI's Breer reports: Falcons have had "exploratory talks" with teams about Atlanta's No. 4 pick in 2021 Draft | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

SI's Breer reports: Falcons have had "exploratory talks" with teams about Atlanta's No. 4 pick in 2021 Draft

Good news for us.

"One team that has been rumored to be considering moving up in the draft is the New England Patriots. Bill Belichick is reportedly exploring all of his options, and now that Jimmy Garoppolo seemingly isn't available, it seems like a real possibility the Patriots select a QB in the first round."

After watching how the Pats handled free agency, I wonder if Belichick would try to move up all the way to #4 in the draft?

Atlanta being in the driver seat shows how dumb Grier's was to move on from the 3rd pick a month out from the draft. Crazy how we moved back from 3 to 6 and netted a 3rd rounder next year and a first rounder in the 2056 draft. He should be fired for that alone.
Ridiculous post. Not sure what Atlanta at 4 possibly making a trade back has to do with Grier being dumb. SF may have told Grier they would pull the deal if it wasn't made soon. We got great value there.....not so much trading back to 6.

Last edited:
"One team that has been rumored to be considering moving up in the draft is the New England Patriots. Bill Belichick is reportedly exploring all of his options, and now that Jimmy Garoppolo seemingly isn't available, it seems like a real possibility the Patriots select a QB in the first round."

After watching how the Pats handled free agency, I wonder if Belichick would try to move up all the way to #4 in the draft?
It would be unlike him to move up that high and would cost a lot. Minimum around 3 1st round picks and possibly a player.

Good let him trade 3 or 4 First round picks for a QB with lots of question marks. That'll be the nail in the coffin for the Cheatriots

I still think the team would be happy with one of Pitts/Smith/Chase
It'd be great if we can have the top player on our board of course but I believe they'd be happy with either one and tbh I'd be happy too.
so, no to Waddle?

I still think the team would be happy with one of Pitts/Smith/Chase
It'd be great if we can have the top player on our board of course but I believe they'd be happy with either one and tbh I'd be happy too.
Forgive me for not keeping up. Between Pitts, Chase, Smith, or Waddle who is your first choice?

Atlanta being in the driver seat shows how dumb Grier's was to move on from the 3rd pick a month out from the draft. Crazy how we moved back from 3 to 6 and netted a 3rd rounder next year and a first rounder in the 2056 draft. He should be fired for that alone.
Getting three 1st round picks and a 3rd round pick for the 3rd overall pick is never a dumb move. The 49ers greatly overpaid for that pick and I highly doubt the Falcons will get that compensation for the 4th pick (Unless they fall into the late teens/early 20s).

The Dolphins did pay a bit of a hefty price for the Eagles pick, but it does guarantee one of the top non-quarterback prospects.

Dropping only three spots and netting a future 1st and 3rd round pick to me is a great haul, doesn't matter that it happened a month before the draft or when the team was on the clock. The Dolphins get for sure value now, still get a player they highly covet and don't have to worry about teams looking to trade up getting cold feet and being stuck at 3 taking the same player they would have at 6. I bet you if the Falcons trade with like the Panthers at 8, that they are not getting a net value of a future 1st and 3rd round pick.

Back
Top Bottom