Sitton Out For Remainder Of Season | Page 14 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Sitton Out For Remainder Of Season

I was listening to 790AM in the car this evening and the substitute host on evening show came up with a mind-blowing factoid.

Between 2008-2014, Miami drafted only THREE players in the first three rounds of the NFL draft who stayed with Miami on their second contracts. THREE!

Ryan Tannehill, Mike Pouncey, and... KOA MISI.

That's right, the only two players drafted in the first three rounds between 2008 and 2014 who are still with the Dolphins are Ryan Tannehill and Ja'Wuan James who is on the fifth year option of his rookie deal. I sincerely hope that we don't overthink things and let James walk just so that we can spend another high draft pick on a tackle.

Safe to say Miami has been placing plenty of stock in drafting quality Oline over the last 10 years with little to show for it.
1st Round Picks: Jake Long, Juwan James, Mike Pouncey, Laremy Tunsil,
2nd Round Picks: Samson Satele
3rd Round Picks: John Jerry, Dallas Thomas, Billy Turner

you fail to list the years... FYI Long was a long time ago. James is at least viable.

Samson... Are you kidding me???

The picks under Ireland/Philbin were... well...STOP IT!

Last edited:
LOL. This is just unbelievable. One game. Our big oline signing lasted one ****ing game. There is no hope for this team.

LOL. This is just unbelievable. One game. Our big oline signing lasted one ****ing game. There is no hope for this team.

The hope for this team is the coaching staff doing its job and building a gameplan that can win with a mediocre left guard.

There are much worse injuries to absorb.

Come on Danny let's be real have you been paying attention the last few years? Our depth has been a problem keeping us from addressing multiple issues, but were getting there now I expect the next draft on for them to be able to address the team's yearly needs. But if you think they have been drafting poorly the last few years you just haven't been paying attention or…
Oh I have been paying attention.
2014- We have James left who missed half the season twice in 4 years and could be in his last year with us.
2015- We have Parker, Phillips and Mcain
Not exactly pro bowlers and after this season Macain might be the only one left.
2016- We have Tunsil,Howard,Drake and Grant
so far that is a better draft but Tunsil has not been a home run. Howard is looking pretty good so far and I really like Drake
2017-Harris has been nothing so far. RM needs time but so far we can't say one way or the other. Tank would have been cut if he hadn't been a 3rd round pick.
2018- I like Minkah but we'll see how it goes. Too early to tell.

So from 2014 to 2017 we have Zero pro bowls to show for.

Yes I have been paying attention.

The hope for this team is the coaching staff doing its job and building a gameplan that can win with a mediocre left guard.

There are much worse injuries to absorb.
The whole damn oline is mediocre give or take. Our big hope was that Sitton was going to be a stud and that his professionalism would rub off on Tunsil so that at least the left side would be very good. That's all gone now. Lost. After one goddamn game.

Oh I have been paying attention.
2014- We have James left who missed half the season twice in 4 years and could be in his last year with us.
2015- We have Parker, Phillips and Mcain
Not exactly pro bowlers and after this season Macain might be the only one left.
2016- We have Tunsil,Howard,Drake and Grant
so far that is a better draft but Tunsil has not been a home run. Howard is looking pretty good so far and I really like Drake
2017-Harris has been nothing so far. RM needs time but so far we can't say one way or the other. Tank would have been cut if he hadn't been a 3rd round pick.
2018- I like Minkah but we'll see how it goes. Too early to tell.

So from 2014 to 2017 we have Zero pro bowls to show for.

Yes I have been paying attention.
Man, that's really sad when you when you list it. I guess you can say we're getting better considering how bad 2014 and 2015 have been, but 2017 isn't look good either.

The whole damn oline is mediocre give or take. Our big hope was that Sitton was going to be a stud and that his professionalism would rub off on Tunsil so that at least the left side would be very good. That's all gone now. Lost. After one goddamn game.

I disagree. Laremy Tunsil is a good tackle except for his penalties. He is better than mediocre. Ja'Wuan James is a good right tackle. He's a very good pass protector and a pretty good run blocker. He does commit too many penalties, in my opinion. On the whole, I would say they are two good tackles that we can win with.

Daniel Kilgore looked fine to me on Sunday. He got manhandled one time. Once. That's fine. I can live with a guy getting beat once if he makes the right calls at the line and is assignment sound. Jesse Davis continues to look like a high quality right guard with potential to keep getting better. I don't think he is mediocre.

I think that line was above average, if not downright good for what it was built to do, which is pass protect. So losing a good player does hurt. But losing ONE player, who is not a tackle, and replacing him with an 8 year veteran, is NOT the kind of thing that should derail the offense or the team. If Ted Larsen steps in and plays ACCEPTABLE level football, the line will be fine.

This overreaction reminds me of when a poker player is on tilt and losing his head every time he loses a hand, even hands he is supposed to lose.

Think of it this way: Philbin and Lazor went 8-8 and had a top 10 offense with a helluva lot worse on the o-line that season. Most on here have them as the worst ever so surely Gase can at least keep pace with a better o-line and better talent overall.

Back
Top Bottom