Sitton Out For Remainder Of Season | Page 13 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Sitton Out For Remainder Of Season

I really don't understand how Asiata can't get on the field. He was a mauler in college. I was convinced he'd start as a rookie...Does anyone have any insight?
The same reason a lot of All Americans in college are busts in the pros.
The game is just a lot faster and the athletes are a lot better.
And according to some scouts his feet are very slow.
Like he's playing in cement.

...said it before -- there's a pretty profound lack of PRO GRADE OL talent to go around. Yea, we've screwed the pooch a LOT in the draft @OL -- but hey we have a number of other draft mistakes as well. Funny thing is -- teams that are consistent winners drafting in the bottom 3rd always have really good OGs avail. because all the losers at the top are REACHING for QBs and WRs and CBs and DEs blah blah.

It's so easy to see the consistent teams in the league have PRIORITIES on the OL -- partly because of the scramble at the top end and partly because they know that's how you play WINNING FOOTBALL in a scoring driven league. What has hurt us so much is wasted trash picks like (sorry, but he sucks relative to his draft position) Parker, and it certainly appears Harris...and whatever.

Check it out -- the Lady in NE has had the benefit of high performance OLs his entire career. You think for an instant that girl could function effectively behind the crap we've been putting on the field? It's like "run for you life Ryan" because standing there like a sitting duck in a rapidly collapsing pocket is insanity! Brady folds his tent REALLY QUICK if you haven't noticed -- problem is he's usually untouched. He owes his career to his OL more than ANY receiver etc. he's ever had.

Last, yea it double quadruple sucks we lost Sitton. But I thought the dude looked (at least partially) out of shape with that belly hanging down like sagging granny tit. In retrospect he was another reach, and our continuing "bad luck" was thus factored into the decision to focus on a quick fix rather than have the discipline to solve the OL equation by making it a preeminent priority IN THE DRAFT.

Bottom line -- the FO is haphazard at best when it comes to formulating a viable, consistent winning startgy.

My opinion. Of course.

BNF.

Hope we effing win despite the ineptitude that we all bare witness to!

Cruelly? Nawh, The Gods corrected their oversight! Let's call it an accounting error.
Well, we have not yet had a devastating injury, so I guess we knew it was coming eventually. But it's just so painful to see us try and try and try and the OL always falls apart. Every draft pick outside of the 1st round sucks, so no matter how many we draft, we never get it right unless we break the draft bank capital and get a decent player in the 1st round. Then when we hire expensive FA's … they get injured. How come the cold places like Green Bay and the artificial turf places like New Orleans have a better health record along the OL than us? We play on natural grass and it's always nice weather here. It's just so discouraging to constantly lose so many OL to injury. Every year we suffer major OL injuries.

Keep drafting well? How about start drafting well?
Come on Danny let's be real have you been paying attention the last few years? Our depth has been a problem keeping us from addressing multiple issues, but were getting there now I expect the next draft on for them to be able to address the team's yearly needs. But if you think they have been drafting poorly the last few years you just haven't been paying attention or…

Well thats sucks, but the overreaction in this thread made me laugh... Get your **** together people...

giphy.gif

...said it before -- there's a pretty profound lack of PRO GRADE OL talent to go around. Yea, we've screwed the pooch a LOT in the draft @OL -- but hey we have a number of other draft mistakes as well. Funny thing is -- teams that are consistent winners drafting in the bottom 3rd always have really good OGs avail. because all the losers at the top are REACHING for QBs and WRs and CBs and DEs blah blah.

It's so easy to see the consistent teams in the league have PRIORITIES on the OL -- partly because of the scramble at the top end and partly because they know that's how you play WINNING FOOTBALL in a scoring driven league. What has hurt us so much is wasted trash picks like (sorry, but he sucks relative to his draft position) Parker, and it certainly appears Harris...and whatever.

Safe to say Miami has been placing plenty of stock in drafting quality Oline over the last 10 years with little to show for it.
1st Round Picks: Jake Long, Juwan James, Mike Pouncey, Laremy Tunsil,
2nd Round Picks: Samson Satele
3rd Round Picks: John Jerry, Dallas Thomas, Billy Turner

Even setting aside the fact a great guard is being replaced by a mericore one, this sucks. From Armando's article:

This is a serious blow to the Dolphins. Sitton not only was perhaps the Dolphins best run-blocker but had taken on something of a mentor role with left tackle Laremy Tunsil.

The two men had forged a quick bond and were working well together -- not only in their blocking combinations, but in addressing issues such as preparation and practice habits that seemed to affect Tunsil early last season

If this is true, I can’t say the signing was completely void of foresight. Recent injuries, age, 11th season being the start of the OL decline...but if he someone got Tunsil to be better long term then there is sunlight does filter between the leaves of trees. Still predicting an 8-8 season.

Literally every team does this, quit localizing it to one team.

I’m on the other side too. Fins signed a guy that needed everything to go right. They bet against the odds. OLinemen begin to decline in their 11th season. People say Dolphins have bad luck...I say they have bad luck because they make bad decisions. It goes hand in hand with preparing for the worst. They don’t have depth at OL and they sign a guy to fill a major void that is 32. Now what?!?!

The best teams take a chance on an aging vet because they have depth already and try to add leadership and a quality starter.

I don't want a guard drafted in the first round. Just like drafting a punter in the first, not good value.

Hopefully our line coach now is better than the coke snorter we had before.

One game, that's all we are gonna get from him. This franchise is so stupid, instead of paying up for a younger guy we try and save a little for an old guy and then get a great return on investment, one game lmao.

... because it's only the older guys who get injured in a game where everyone is huge, armored in layers of muscle and pads, and run into each other as fast as world class athletes can run.

or

... only Miami who has injured players because we just don't know how to play the FA game

or

... why is Miami unable to see into the future and know in advance who will be injured and not draft or pick those guys up in FA

or, and my personal favorite:

what a petulant and ridiculous hindsight based complaint.

Keep drafting well? How about start drafting well?

my perspective is that we have done better. I guess I may be comparing to the Ireland years. better than Ireland might not be "well". the 2017 and 2018 might be well

Back
Top Bottom