Slim Reaper comes in at 6’ and 166 pounds. | Page 27 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Slim Reaper comes in at 6’ and 166 pounds.

Do you have any second thoughts/reservations about drafting 'The Slim Reaper' when he's 166lbs?

• Total voters
And one had Peyton Manning throwing him the ball and the other had Kurt Warner, Torry Holt, and Marshall Faulk on his offense.

Isaac Bruce led the league in receiving yards with Tony Banks throwing to him. And his complementary WR then wasn’t Holt. It was Eddie Kennison. The leading rusher was Lawrence Phillips.

Also, do you think the Colts offense been as good without Harrison? It’s almost like they’re an integral part of an offense instead of just a beneficiary of it.

Please, don't bulk me into that group. I just don't like how he handled this whole thing. I lost all respect for him. Weight aside whoever was giving him advice is a moron. The thing about the NFL is its a bunch ole school hard-asses with strong beliefs in "be a man". Refusing to weigh in and dance around for months probably pissed a lot of coaches off. They don't have time for that little baby crap.
Smith might be the next Marvin Harrison. Its quite possible. But, doing what he did, how he did it marred his name and lost him mountains of respect.
Just maybe the Dolphins advised him he's their pick and don't stress on weighing.

Smith will drop in later rd of 1st rd. Dolphins want that LB..

It’s odd, and I said this last night on a podcast; my advice is for everyone to stop taking this so personally.

It’s one thing to have an opinion. Believe it or not, there are LOTS of smart people in this thread.

It’s entirely another thing to do the “DO YOU EVEN WATCH FOOTBALL BRO” thing. Newsflash: Nobody in this thread knows for sure.
Well, you see all the different opinions as to which positions and which players we should draft. You ask 100 people here what we should do and you get 100 different answers but somehow the FO has to please everybody here.....lol

You can debate this topic ten ways til sideways. Until the kid plays there is no knowing if he's going platinum or if he's a one hit wonder.

Jerry Rice wasn't overly large at 6'2" 200lbs (I question this weight, I'm guessing Jerry was closer to 190). Steve Smith did just fine at 5'9" 185lbs. Largent was one of the best little receivers in the league 5'11" 187lbs in a time when WR took a beating over the middle.

I gotta admit ... Slim Reaper looks like he's 6'1, so in addition to the concerning underweight issue ... I'm fairly surprised that he didn't measure 6'1. If he wants to succeed in the NFL he needs to add muscle, and that's really the only thing standing in the way of the kid's success. The sooner he gets the memo the better.

I gotta admit ... Slim Reaper looks like he's 6'1, so in addition to the concerning underweight issue ... I'm fairly surprised that he didn't measure 6'1. If he wants to succeed in the NFL he needs to add muscle, and that's really the only thing standing in the way of the kid's success. The sooner he gets the memo the better.

Makes you wonder what his nutrition and workout plans have been like?

Makes you wonder what his nutrition and workout plans have been like?
Yeah ... and whether he has some bad influences in his ear telling him not to change a thing.

If I had clear data showing that 98% of all collegiate success stories at my weight failed in the NFL, and only 25% of those type guys failed when adding 10 lbs. of muscle ... it would be a no-brainer. Can't see how he doesn't know this.

I remember being a 6' 1", 173 lb safety a few decades ago desperately trying to put on some good weight. Time solves the problem but it kills the 40 speed...

I remember being a 6' 1", 173 lb safety a few decades ago desperately trying to put on some good weight. Time solves the problem but it kills the 40 speed...
Bet NFL boards still rated you high? :woot:

Back
Top Bottom