Slim Reaper comes in at 6’ and 166 pounds. | Page 39 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Slim Reaper comes in at 6’ and 166 pounds.

Do you have any second thoughts/reservations about drafting 'The Slim Reaper' when he's 166lbs?

• Total voters
n
Personally I'm not a fan of Waddle and think he will probably slip to 18.

I'm not saying he can't have success, but in my eyes he's mainly a pure speedster compared to other more well rounded receivers in the draft.

Speed sure can kill, but at the NFL level that speed gap isn't so large or simple. Especially for Waddle who in my opinion is an average route runner.

If he had the route running skills of Smith or Pitts that would be something.

As it stands he reminds me of a slightly more rounded Ted Ginn Jr.
not even close. Waddle is a real playmaker. Ginn was not. Always running for the sidelines.

Last edited:
So you want to talk about a 5 year data set but then only want to mention how Smith was without Waddle for the stretch last year?

Tua was like historically the most effective college QB ever. He had the highest TD percentage to drive EVER. How did that transition? I love Tua, but point and case, this is a different game. And he did not have the luxury of every single other player on the team being blue chip, with 4 more blue chip behind them.

Smith was no doubt effective and productive AF. And is in elite level athlete. But this entire thread is based on "he did this in college so obvious that means success at the next level". And it doesnt!!

All you guys must be new to the draft. The dude will struggle with the physicality and durability at the next level, know how I know?

Cause no other player in history with his frame has been worth a damn at 166lbs.

So stats are for losers. Let's talk about him beating Trey White on the press on 3rd and 15 with Poyer to help. Ain't going to happen....
Stats are for people that actually understand math. To throw them out because they're for losers and nerds is maybe the most hilarious thing I've read all week.

Stats are for people that actually understand math. To throw them out because they're for losers and nerds is maybe the most hilarious thing I've read all week.
So you never heard "stats are for losers".

Pretty well known concept.

I guess you just think your fantasy football foundation translates to real football.

Spoiler, picking the guys ESPN tells you to pick and then winning your special olympics league doesn't validate your take.

You arguing with me and never having heard that phrase is the most laughable thing I have heard ALL month.

No because now I am arguing with people who have Kindergarten NFL education.

You don't like my take? That's cool bro.

For the "Greatest of All Time" your vocabulary sure is limited....

That's fairly appropriate, considering your behavior. Are you less combative after nap time and a juice box?

Also...just a heads up, Thesaurus Lad...acronyms are usually capitalized. I never claimed to be The G.O.A.T. at any point. For the love of Pete, there's literally a picture of a goat in my avatar. It's not that challenging to put it together.

That's fairly appropriate, considering your behavior. Are you less combative after nap time and a juice box?

Also...just a heads up, Thesaurus Lad...acronyms are usually capitalized. I never claimed to be The G.O.A.T. at any point. For the love of Pete, there's literally a picture of a goat in my avatar. It's not that challenging to put it together.
Lol.

It is so easy to get your goat.

See what I did there?

Not sure who this is.

But I like this guy's energy.

Don't worry junior. If you can't phrase any real arguments and now we have reached the point of personal attacks then we can part ways.

I know it's hard to hang with the big boys.

Wait...I thought it was vocabulary time here in Romper Room!

Here's one for you: The quoted post is a prime example of..."hypocrisy."

n

not even close. Waddle is a real playmaker. Ginn was not. Always running for the sidelines.

I'll give you that particular point, but running to the sidelines isn't what made Ginn a pretty poor receiver, its just part of a multitude of different issues.

You don't have to agree but in my eyes Waddle is exactly the type of receiver who doesn't pan out.

I've been right before and I've been wrong before so who knows.

n

Dolphins never used Ginn the right way. They try make him number 1 wr...Ginn was drafted too high. That was main problem....he did well in nfl.. he lasted 13 yr..

Dolphins never used Ginn the right way. They try make him number 1 wr...

There's an interesting (well, to me) story about that; I was at an Uncle's wake during the Saints/Niners Championship game years ago, and got into a long conversation about Ginn with a gentleman seated near me. We both thought he was misused badly as a receiver. After a bit, we stood up, and the dude a couple inches taller than me (I'm not tiny) and built like a refrigerator. Turns out I was talking with Danny Stubbs; he's a good friend of their family.

You could be right..and I'm not even saying I THINK 10000% 166lbs is a huge deal or guarantee he is more likely to get hurt..just saying many, many people smarter than us seem to have an issue with him being 166lbs..and well..that's the problem, for some..
Using terms such as “many, many people...” is the garbage that shady politicians and people without credibility use when they don’t have a coherent argument or principles to stand on.

There are 32 GMs and 32 HCs out there that are making the decision.

How “many” of those have said Smith is not a 1st round talent, cannot have success in the NFL, or wouldn’t want Smith on their team? Links please.

Everything else is just bull**** and opinion that has no merit to where Smith will be drafted or how well he will do in the NFL.

Something that should be easy for you to show since many, many smart people have a problem with him being 166 lbs. How about some links to mocks these smart people have made that have dropped Smith out of the 1st round?

Back
Top Bottom