Slim Reaper comes in at 6’ and 166 pounds. | Page 40 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Slim Reaper comes in at 6’ and 166 pounds.

Do you have any second thoughts/reservations about drafting 'The Slim Reaper' when he's 166lbs?

• Total voters
It all depends on where smith end up. He has last this long being skinny..he will be all right in nfl.. just dont let him go k.c.

It all depends on where smith end up. He has last this long being skinny..he will be all right in nfl.. just dont let him go k.c.

I've read this about 4 times and still don't understand what you are trying to say !!

I'll give you that particular point, but running to the sidelines isn't what made Ginn a pretty poor receiver, its just part of a multitude of different issues.

You don't have to agree but in my eyes Waddle is exactly the type of receiver who doesn't pan out.

I've been right before and I've been wrong before so who knows.
it's all good. I've been wrong more than I've been right....lol

I think Chase and Pitts will be off the board at 6, We'll either take Waddle, a olinemen or trade back a bit imo

I think Chase and Pitts will be off the board at 6, We'll either take Waddle, a olinemen or trade back a bit imo

3yards guys are convinced that we take Waddle. Mainly because he plays slot and right now we don't have a dynamic talent there. Not to mention he brings an additional speed element with Fuller that helps take our offense to antoher level.

I honestly can't disagree with that.

3yards guys are convinced that we take Waddle. Mainly because he plays slot and right now we don't have a dynamic talent there. Not to mention he brings an additional speed element with Fuller that helps take our offense to antoher level.

Speaking of Fuller, he's listed at 6'0" 172 lbs.

Just thought I'd remind everybody.

Speaking of Fuller, he's listed at 6'0" 172 lbs.

Just thought I'd remind everybody.

Yeah! There are a few guys that are in that range that no one says anything about.

Honestly i think Smith will be fine and he's still my #1 for Miami.

Thank goodness in a few days we'll know and get this part of the offseason over with.

I've read this about 4 times and still don't understand what you are trying to say !!
My assumption -- poster believe smith would fatten up on delicious Kansas style BBQ

and wind up needing jenny craig to salvage his career. Make no bones about it.

There's no reason you can't work Smith from the slot initially with his route running ability. Id argue he's probably a better slot prospect than Waddle. Flat out speed isn't everything.

The 3 yards guys are a joke btw. They are just random forum posters who put together a show. They have been wrong about way more things than right over the years individually.

I refuse to listen to them because like I said, they are a joke.

Of the three WRs, Waddle has always been the best fit for us, and he's the one that I think we might be willing to trade up (with Denver) to get, if we've gone Pitts or Sewell @6.

Of the three WRs, Waddle has always been the best fit for us, and he's the one that I think we might be willing to trade up (with Denver) to get, if we've gone Pitts or Sewell @6.
To get Sewell and Waddle wukd be outstanding!

Using terms such as “many, many people...” is the garbage that shady politicians and people without credibility use when they don’t have a coherent argument or principles to stand on.

There are 32 GMs and 32 HCs out there that are making the decision.

How “many” of those have said Smith is not a 1st round talent, cannot have success in the NFL, or wouldn’t want Smith on their team? Links please.

Everything else is just bull**** and opinion that has no merit to where Smith will be drafted or how well he will do in the NFL.

Something that should be easy for you to show since many, many smart people have a problem with him being 166 lbs. How about some links to mocks these smart people have made that have dropped Smith out of the 1st round?
Completely agree.

And additionally, one point people ignore is that GMs don’t have exactly the same motivations as fans. For all of us, all we care about is getting the best player. None of our jobs depend on this, and a bust is a bust is a bust as far as fans are concerned.

For a GM, that is not even close to true. Not all busts are created equally. Ted Ginn had an infinitely better career than Jason Allen, but think about how much more pissed the fanbase was at the Ginn pick.

It is one thing to draft a prototype player like Chase who is big, strong, and fast, and have him bust because he’s a mediocre route runner or gets into off the field trouble or plays too physical and can’t stay healthy. You’re probably not getting fired for that. Crap happens.

It’s another to draft a 166 pound receiver and have him bust because he gets bullied on the field. That’s embarrassing. That may very well get you fired. So even if a guy like Chase actually has a greater bust potential, and even if you think Smith will actually be the superior player, Chase is a less risky choice for a GM looking to keep his job (which is every GM).

Completely agree.

And additionally, one point people ignore is that GMs don’t have exactly the same motivations as fans. For all of us, all we care about is getting the best player. None of our jobs depend on this, and a bust is a bust is a bust as far as fans are concerned.

For a GM, that is not even close to true. Not all busts are created equally. Ted Ginn had an infinitely better career than Jason Allen, but think about how much more pissed the fanbase was at the Ginn pick.

It is one thing to draft a prototype player like Chase who is big, strong, and fast, and have him bust because he’s a mediocre route runner or gets into off the field trouble or plays too physical and can’t stay healthy. You’re probably not getting fired for that. Crap happens.

It’s another to draft a 166 pound receiver and have him bust because he gets bullied on the field. That’s embarrassing. That may very well get you fired. So even if a guy like Chase actually has a greater bust potential, and even if you think Smith will actually be the superior player, Chase is a less risky choice for a GM looking to keep his job (which is every GM).

That is the exact recipe for a GM to live a life of mediocrity. Yes, it may help them survive a year or two but at some point to be successful as a franchise you need to make picks based on your evaluations and sink or swim rather than take the easy route.

Back
Top Bottom