Slim Reaper comes in at 6’ and 166 pounds. | Page 38 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Slim Reaper comes in at 6’ and 166 pounds.

Do you have any second thoughts/reservations about drafting 'The Slim Reaper' when he's 166lbs?

• Total voters
Because you pronounced it so?

Please.
No because now I am arguing with people who have Kindergarten NFL education.

You don't like my take? That's cool bro.

For the "Greatest of All Time" your vocabulary sure is limited....

both Waddle and Smith are top playmakers. And both have played well with Tua so it's just a matter of preference at this point.

Personally I'm not a fan of Waddle and think he will probably slip to 18.

I'm not saying he can't have success, but in my eyes he's mainly a pure speedster compared to other more well rounded receivers in the draft.

Speed sure can kill, but at the NFL level that speed gap isn't so large or simple. Especially for Waddle who in my opinion is an average route runner.

If he had the route running skills of Smith or Pitts that would be something.

As it stands he reminds me of a slightly more rounded Ted Ginn Jr.

Bruce was 7 pounds heavier and Harrison was 13 pounds heavier. They also played in an era where the rules didn’t favor the offense as much as it does today so it should be even easier for a smaller guy to thrive. How come no one ever asks the question, who was strongest of the three? I have no doubt that the answer would be Smith.
I like the Lynn Swann comparison better.

Harrison - 179lbs.

Bruce - 188lbs.

Just admit, you are ready to draft a flag football player who is lighter then any other guy before him.

And the fact Grier just came out on Wednesday and talked about how his size "doesn't bother them" is all the smoke screen you need to realize we will NEVER be drafting Smith at 6.

I like the Lynn Swann comparison better.

Harrison - 179lbs.

Bruce - 188lbs.

Just admit, you are ready to draft a flag football player who is lighter then any other guy before him.

And the fact Grier just came out on Wednesday and talked about how his size "doesn't bother them" is all the smoke screen you need to realize we will NEVER be drafting Smith at 6.
True.

I've read about a lot of things on the draft. Show me facts. Wait..you can't!
Tell me again about how Pitts's 40 time is actually faster than what he posted because of Florida's grass again.

Spare me the hypocrisy about what is speculation and what isn't.

Tell me again about how Pitts's 40 time is actually faster than what he posted because of Florida's grass again.

Spare me the hypocrisy about what is speculation and what isn't.
There's data on it, actually. You can google that if you want.

Since 2013, only one player has run faster on Florida Grass at a Pro Day than @ The Combine..so yeah. Take it for what you will.

Dolphins ain't taking Smith @ #6.

Dolphins probably won't take Pitts, either, because he'll be gone @ #6 or someone else will be smarter than them and do so instead! :shrug:

I love your rebuttal what have you put out that is better than Matt Harmon's product? lol All his stuff is backed by actual stats not BS pulled out of their *** like some.
Any nerd can look up stats for a living.

It's about real experience to draw from. It's about working at a craft. It's about being able to evaluate film and understanding scheme and responsibility. This comes with time. Harmon has a middle school football education cause he was a fat POS who had no friends.

I'm not making it up, go read about his background before you blindly listen to everything he says because he supports this take.

Also, never played football. Don't EVER trust someone who never played the game himself at a reasonably high level.

PFF jams more stats down your throat then any other site, is everything they say gospel of Paul? No, they are trash.

Top end college production is a minimal piece to the puzzle. Eyeball, film, intangibles are what really matter at forecasting how players will transition.

There's data on it, actually. You can google that if you want.

Since 2013, only one player has run faster on Florida Grass at a Pro Day than @ The Combine..so yeah. Take it for what you will.

Dolphins ain't taking Smith @ #6.

Dolphins probably won't take Pitts, either, because he'll be gone @ #6 or someone else will be smarter than them and do so instead! :shrug:
1619184030121.png

Since you've just admitted that it's not 100%, you're willing to "speculate" that Pitts falls into the majority as opposed to the minority. The only way that it's NOT speculative is if Pitts ran again at the Combine and you had actual "knowledge" according to the definition to show that it was actually the case. Since you don't, you are speculating.

I know this seems pretty hard for you to understand, but maybe the Gator homer who showed up a month and a half ago with 3,500+ posts mainly about one particular player might make people roll their eyes when he implies that only smart teams would draft Pitts high.

Any nerd can look up stats for a living.

It's about real experience to draw from. It's about working at a craft. It's about being able to evaluate film and understanding scheme and responsibility. This comes with time. Harmon has a middle school football education cause he was a fat POS who had no friends.

I'm not making it up, go read about his background before you blindly listen to everything he says because he supports this take.

Also, never played football. Don't EVER trust someone who never played the game himself at a reasonably high level.

PFF jams more stats down your throat then any other site, is everything they say gospel of Paul? No, they are trash.

Top end college production is a minimal piece to the puzzle. Eyeball, film, intangibles are what really matter at forecasting how players will transition.
1619184249508.png

This you?

So the numbers are wrong he wasn't the best against press in the last 5 years? Also who else was in that loaded WR corps in 2020 after Waddle went down? Who had the number one CB on him every game and still crushed press against the top Dbs in this draft?

Come on man at least try and make something believable up
So you want to talk about a 5 year data set but then only want to mention how Smith was without Waddle for the stretch last year?

Tua was like historically the most effective college QB ever. He had the highest TD percentage to drive EVER. How did that transition? I love Tua, but point and case, this is a different game. And he did not have the luxury of every single other player on the team being blue chip, with 4 more blue chip behind them.

Smith was no doubt effective and productive AF. And is in elite level athlete. But this entire thread is based on "he did this in college so obvious that means success at the next level". And it doesnt!!

All you guys must be new to the draft. The dude will struggle with the physicality and durability at the next level, know how I know?

Cause no other player in history with his frame has been worth a damn at 166lbs.

So stats are for losers. Let's talk about him beating Trey White on the press on 3rd and 15 with Poyer to help. Ain't going to happen....

Back
Top Bottom