Slim Reaper comes in at 6’ and 166 pounds. | Page 36 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Slim Reaper comes in at 6’ and 166 pounds.

Do you have any second thoughts/reservations about drafting 'The Slim Reaper' when he's 166lbs?

• Total voters
I was laughing at the thought of the trade someone suggested yesterday, Jerry Juedy and the 9th pick for the 6th pick and maybe a future 2nd or 3rd. I could see Miami Trading for Jeudy, drafting Waddle at 9 and having Smith fall to 18. Dolphisn run with Tua throwing to Parker, Fuller, Jeudy, Smith, Waddle and Williams and then top it off by having Najee Harris drop to them in round 2.
I doubt they'd trade Jeudy but if Pitts is gone...Waddle and Smith sound intriguing..and Najee? Wow. Might as well call them the Bama Dolhpins..why stop there...Dickerson @ #50? :lol:

Roll 'Phins.. Lol!

I'll admit that it is concerning. The kid went to Alabama for crying out loud. Their program revivals some NFL programs and they have some of the best professionals in the sport. Which means there's no way they didn't address and worked with Smith on gaining some bulk. Some of the reason why i can think of that they may not have:

1) They don't think it's a problem.
2) He or his rep refused the help
3) He and Alabama didn't realize he's thin
4) They and he have tried practically everything and it just doesn't take.
Or perhaps his body type makes it very hard to gain weight ... if so, that would be a red flag.

We still have to remember he’s still a kid. Some of us don’t really start gaining and maintaining weight until our mid 20s.
IDK man..someone said he came into college around 160lbs..and he only gained around 6lbs in 4 years? and he's over 22 years old, technically? If you can't gain much weight with the elite S&C program @ Alabama..can you at all?

How did he do against the other 1/3 of the corners that will play in the pros? Oh, that's right , he shredded them too.
The other 1/3 are future accountants and never had a chance to play in the pros.🤣

Hate on his frame all you want, but Devonta plays the fastest of top 3 between him, Chase, and Pitts.

He has game-breaking shiftiness. And while I think it's less likely we take him over Chase because of his size concerns...I wouldn't be mad if we did.

Hate on his frame all you want, but Devonta plays the fastest of top 3 between him, Chase, and Pitts.

He has game-breaking shiftiness. And while I think it's less likely we take him over Chase because of his size concerns...I wouldn't be mad if we did.

Waddle plays a lot faster. I would pick Pitts or Waddle over Smith and Chase.

Waddle plays a lot faster. I would pick Pitts or Waddle over Smith and Chase.
Has Jaylen proven himself to be an elite receiver outside of just being fast though?

Not saying he isn't capable of it bc he may very well be, but there isn't much tape.

Has Jaylen proven himself to be an elite receiver outside of just being fast though?

Not saying he isn't capable of it bc he may very well be, but there isn't much tape.
Yes..yes he has.

And he's legit.

Watch game film of Jaylen, not just highlights. He's legit.

And many rank him ahead of Smith.

Yes..yes he has.

And he's legit.

Watch game film of Jaylen, not just highlights. He's legit.

And many rank him ahead of Smith.

Waddle also can line up inside and outside, in the backfield, can run the ball and ball out on special teams. The other three likely are not going to be as versatile.

I like Smith but he is an outside the numbers guy, Chase might slide in and out but he is likely a wide guy as well; though there is more chance he runs sweeps compared to Smith. Pitts is likely to have the second most versatility, you can see him inline, in the slot, outside and maybe out of the backfield but won’t be a special teams player or running sweeps etc.

Waddle also can line up inside and outside, in the backfield, can run the ball and ball out on special teams. The other three likely are not going to be as versatile.

I like Smith but he is an outside the numbers guy, Chase might slide in and out but he is likely a wide guy as well; though there is more chance he runs sweeps compared to Smith. Pitts is likely to have the second most versatility, you can see him inline, in the slot, outside and maybe out of the backfield but won’t be a special teams player or running sweeps etc.
I agree..I wouldn't want Pitts playing special teams...and Jaylen could start and do spot duty on special teams but I doubt a team is gonna pay him Top 10 or Top 12 money and put him full time on special teams..he's not Devin Hester (only value was special teams, mostly; hence he did it full-time)..just saying! Injury risk is too big!

You can read what Smith has been timed at in Alabama practices in the 40 including what he was clocked at before he stepped foot in Alabama's campus.

If Pitts's time is legit with hand clocked stopwatches then so is Smith's 4.3/4.4 times.

Don't really need to argue this as the double teamed Heisman winner didn't win it running slower than 4.5s which is what Pitts would've run at the combine.

Do they GPS data on Smith? I thought I heard somewhere that is where things are heading. Maybe Alabama is a big enough program to have it in place already. I would love to see game speed info on these guys!

Back
Top Bottom