Slim Reaper comes in at 6’ and 166 pounds. | Page 35 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Slim Reaper comes in at 6’ and 166 pounds.

Do you have any second thoughts/reservations about drafting 'The Slim Reaper' when he's 166lbs?

• Total voters
I don't care how much the little man weighs..I just think it's more of a thing than people would like to admit..to many in the Football World..whose opinion truly matters!!!
Of course...because they know college football is not the NFL....they know that 166 pound receivers don’t have a large record of historical
Success and therefore are risky top ten picks...and they also know the built in advantages Alabama players have against mostly weaker overall opponents each weekend.

Of course...because they know college football is not the NFL....they know that 166 pound receivers don’t have a large record of historical
Success and therefore are risky top ten picks...and they also know the built in advantages Alabama players have against mostly weaker overall opponents each weekend.
Yep..100000%!

I don't care how much the little man weighs..I just think it's more of a thing than people would like to admit..to many in the Football World..whose opinion truly matters!!!

....but do you know anyone’s opinion that actually matters or are you guessing?

Yep..100000%!

In about a week shall see what it means for his draft status, in about 130 days we''s start to see what it all means as far as his ability to play the game. I'm guessing before the season hits the halfway point people will say... "I was wrong, that skinny kid can play at the NFL level." Don't listen to what Blue Oyster Cult says, people need to fear the reaper.

Last edited:
Thread summed up by a pair of people that believe size doesnt matter, size matters, and "insert any fact" I dont care I want him drafted smith fans, "at least he played but chase didnt".

In about a week shall see what it means for his draft status, in about 130 days we''s start to see what it all means as far as his ability to play the game. I'm guessing before the season hits the halfway point people will say... "I was wrong, that skinny kid can play at the NFL level."
It has nothing to do with his ability to play..he can play with the best of him...NFL people/Scouts are more skeptical only with his size, than anything...and by size I mean he's 166lbs. and not 5'5"..he's 6'.

It has nothing to do with his ability to play..he can play with the best of him...NFL people/Scouts are more skeptical only with his size, than anything...and by size I mean he's 166lbs. and not 5'5"..he's 6'.
I'm hearing fans say due to his size he won't be as effectice in the NFL. So in my mind it is about his ability. If they're saying he's going to be just as dominate in the NFL as he was in college, but I'm concerned about his weight I don't get it. If he is torching people week in and week out do we really care if he's 160 pound or 300 pounds? I'm guessing you're going to say it's not about how well he's going to play, it's about the possability of him getting injured. I would counter we see wrs of all sizes get injured every season. I don't know that we can say a 165 pound wr is at any greater risk than a 250 pound wr running and jumping with all that weight wearing on their joints. Seems to me like we see a lot more knee, hamstring, ankle or calf injures that are non-contact related than players who get injured in contact situations where you can say if they were bigger they might not have been injured. Just my thought.

Last edited:
I think it’s so funny seeing people be like, ‘Well at 175 that was a bit light but I’d have taken him but at 166 there’s NO WAY.’

Like those nine pounds are the end of the world. The kid is going to ball in the NFL.
🤣🤣

I'm hearing fans say due to his size he won't be as effectice in the NFL. So in my mind it is about his ability. If they're saying he going to be justn as dominate in the NFL as he was in college, but I'm concerned about his weight I don't get it. If he torching people week in and week out do we really care if he's 160 pound or 300 pounds? I'm guessing you're going to say it's not about how well he's going to play, it's about the possability of him getting injured. I would counter we see wrs of all sizes get injured every season. I don't know that we can say a 165 pound wr is at any greater risk than a 250 pound wr running and jumping with all that weight wearing on their joints. Seems to me like we see a lot more knee, hamstring, ankle calf injures that are non-contact related than players who get injured in contact situations where you can say if they were bigger they might not have been injured. Just my thought.
You could be right..and I'm not even saying I THINK 10000% 166lbs is a huge deal or guarantee he is more likely to get hurt..just saying many, many people smarter than us seem to have an issue with him being 166lbs..and well..that's the problem, for some..

tbh..

...it'd be a bigger deal if this was 1995 or something..WR's got murdered with hits and well..there was no targeting or rules much to protect them..so yeah..this is 2021..he's more protected.

But either way..I still like Chase and Waddle more as pure WR's..and Waddle really intrigues me because he's got great, super human speed!

You could be right..and I'm not even saying I THINK 10000% 166lbs is a huge deal or guarantee he is more likely to get hurt..just saying many, many people smarter than us seem to have an issue with him being 166lbs..and well..that's the problem, for some..

tbh..

...it'd be a bigger deal if this was 1995 or something..WR's got murdered with hits and well..there was no targeting or rules much to protect them..so yeah..this is 2021..he's more protected.

But either way..I still like Chase and Waddle more as pure WR's..and Waddle really intrigues me because he's got great, super human speed!
I would say Chase is the better prospect and Waddle the better fit with Parker and Fuller. However, I do believe which ever team selects Smith they're going to get a great player.

I would say Chase is the better prospect and Waddle the better fit with Parker and Fuller. However, I do believe which ever team selects Smith they're going to get a great player.
I can see that...

My preferences are this way:

Pitts>Chase>Waddle>Smith

for us it may even be this order..

Pitts>Waddle>Chase>Smith ...or even..

Pitts >Waddle>Smith>Chase

I just hope whoever we take...which I believe is one of those four..balls out for us...

...no matter if it's Pitts ...or one of the other three..including Smith...I'll be their #1 fan..no doubt!

:cool:

I wonder if we could trade to #9 with Denver if they want a QB and one they're interested in falls, and still get Smith, if Pitts and Chase are gone? That would be ideal!
I was laughing at the thought of the trade someone suggested yesterday, Jerry Juedy and the 9th pick for the 6th pick and maybe a future 2nd or 3rd. I could see Miami Trading for Jeudy, drafting Waddle at 9 and having Smith fall to 18. Dolphisn run with Tua throwing to Parker, Fuller, Jeudy, Smith, Waddle and Williams and then top it off by having Najee Harris drop to them in round 2.

That’s a good point. Grier mentioned yesterday how the game has changed and how smaller players are having success

Back
Top Bottom