Slim Reaper comes in at 6’ and 166 pounds. | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Slim Reaper comes in at 6’ and 166 pounds.

Do you have any second thoughts/reservations about drafting 'The Slim Reaper' when he's 166lbs?

• Total voters
He is 22 years old, those saying he would have put on weight if he could have, so can't are cracking me up. He will put on weight, and his weight is not that much of an issue as it is. He is not a running back or a running QB who are consistently taking shots from 300 pound linemen and 255 pound linebackers head on. The Pat White comparisons are ridiculous.

I hate Bama and Saban but it is what it is. We already have Tua, if we came out with Waddle or Smith at WR, Najee and the center, Dickerson I think. That's 3 of our primary needs and can just one-stop shop up there. Bama south.

Maybe this works out well for us as far as trading back, IF, he is the target

I’d probably draft Waddle first and take a chance Smith falls a bit and see if we can trade up for him

But hell I’d also be happy as hell to get one of them and Parsons too with that same strategy

I really have no idea why they like size at the WR position. Because the last I checked, those big WR’s have trouble playing because they are always injured.
It's a myth that bigger size = less injuries. Fact is that most NFL injuries are related to ligaments and tendons and the increased size puts more strain on those body parts. Every study I've ever seen related to NFL injuries (and I've seen dozens over the years) comes to one of two conclusions. Either they find no increased injury risk for lighter players or they find that lighter players are less likely to be injured. Anybody claiming that lighter players get injured more often is making a factually incorrect statement.

Its clear you missed the point. Bo was a superior physical specimen and his career was cut short. The odds are stacked against Smith when a majority of the defense outweighs him by 100lbs+.

When/IF you ever played ball, you would understand the significance...
I disagree. With his ability to evade those heavier players, I actually think he has less of a chance of serious injury. It is WR’s like Parker and Williams who are more likely to be injured because they have no ability to outrun or evade the defenders and they are constantly taking hard hits from the defenders.

Williams and Parker are also constantly injured. Perhaps if you actually looked at this fact you would understand the significance of having big WR’s who can’t move well enough to avoid injury.

...this place is weird. Folks become so ridiculously obsessed with certain players they completely ignore every *flag* and fact that indicates said player is a risk. In this situation, to completely ignore weight as if it's irrelevant in the NFL is laughable.

Couple that with the fact the same player refused to be tested and evaluated in normal protocol --- obviously indicating the kid is deliberately hiding and/or refusing information. You don't think that's a "character" flag?

He's not going to be running around loose and physically unchallenged like college. And there's NO WAY you can bank on the fact the kid can add 15-20lbs and still be effective. Open your freakin' eyes -- the kid is a bone rack!
Smith’s main competition for being taken early was against other playmakers, particularly Chase and Pitts.

Chase had a year + to prepare for what you are calling “normal protocol.”

Pitts skipped Florida’s Bowl game to prepare for his “normal protocol.”

Were those really normal protocol to you? That is not manipulating the system? And neither of those are “character” flags for you?

Yet, Smith finished out the season and the “too skinny” to last, was a workhorse (117 catches) for an undefeated national champion culminating in 12 catches, 215 yards, 3 TDs, 1 KO return, and 2 punt returns in ONE-HALF.

Smith’s choice to skip the “normal process” was a wise business decision that could result in a difference of $10+ mil over the 4 year rookie contract and you call that a “character” flag.

Would you get on the scale knowing it might cost you millions of $$$?

Maybe you are of such “high character” you would. But then that would lead to questioning whether you have mental health issues, and poor decision-making skills.

I am not under the delusion anything I or anyone says will change your mind. When hatred is involved which seems to be consistent toward all the Alabama players, it doesn’t make it a fact, it makes perception negatively emotionally biased.

Smith’s main competition for being taken early was against other playmakers, particularly Chase and Pitts.

Chase had a year + to prepare for what you are calling “normal protocol.”

Pitts skipped Florida’s Bowl game to prepare for his “normal protocol.”

Were those really normal protocol to you? That is not manipulating the system? And neither of those are “character” flags for you?

Yet, Smith finished out the season and the “too skinny” to last, was a workhorse (117 catches) for an undefeated national champion culminating in 12 catches, 215 yards, 3 TDs, 1 KO return, and 2 punt returns in ONE-HALF.

Smith’s choice to skip the “normal process” was a wise business decision that could result in a difference of $10+ mil over the 4 year rookie contract and you call that a “character” flag.

Would you get on the scale knowing it might cost you millions of $$$?

Maybe you are of such “high character” you would. But then that would lead to questioning whether you have mental health issues, and poor decision-making skills.

I am not under the delusion anything I or anyone says will change your mind. When hatred is involved which seems to be consistent toward all the Alabama players, it doesn’t make it a fact, it makes perception negatively emotionally biased.
Now that's just too much!

So any crit of 'bama players is "hate!"

C'mon! Is this a Miami Dolphins FORUM or 'bama?

Sometimes it's hard to tell...

I disagree. With his ability to evade those heavier players, I actually think he has less of a chance of serious injury. It is WR’s like Parker and Williams who are more likely to be injured because they have no ability to outrun or evade the defenders and they are constantly taking hard hits from the defenders.

Williams and Parker are also constantly injured. Perhaps if you actually looked at this fact you would understand the significance of having big WR’s who can’t move well enough to avoid injury.
Youre talking about 2 WR's who have been plagued by injuries their entire career. Parker was injured when we drafted him. Williams had a season ending injury last season during a TD celebration. Parker also ran a 4.4 in the 40yd dash. Speed doesn't equate to durability......unless you think Smith is going to score a touchdown on every play and never get touched.

Marvin-Harrisons-truck-shot-at.jpg

this guy scared no one getting off the bus either. on the field, however, CB's wet themselves

Ted Ginn is a full inch shorter while being 12 lbs heavier

Think about that. Ginn is a beefcake compared to this guy. And this is his TOP WEIGH IN after avoiding scales at every opportunity. I bet he plays 161-163 normally. I respect the skillset and the man, but I just can't take him top 10. Pass.
Bonus points for use of the term beefcake.

To those that don't want Smith- you do realize that Parker and Williams can never be as good as Smith. Ever. Sure Smith is small. But he is a great WR. The best in 20 years in college. Is he a risk? Sure. It's up to Grief if he wants to gamble.

Back
Top Bottom