Slim Reaper comes in at 6’ and 166 pounds. | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Slim Reaper comes in at 6’ and 166 pounds.

Do you have any second thoughts/reservations about drafting 'The Slim Reaper' when he's 166lbs?

• Total voters
This is yet another example of either you confusing me with other people or you simply not being familiar with my take on players. First it is "people" in a passive aggressive sense and now you're just flat out putting words in my mouth. This is getting tedious.

As someone who TRULY watches the tape (as you've so eloquently requested we do repeatedly) I have to ask what it is you think is going to happen against the top.. say... 10 press guys in the league? Smith will dominate them as easily?

You think Smith beats that?

And before you say it - Im not saying anything about any other prospect. We're talking about your claim.

Did you just say I'm putting words into YOUR mouth in a post I quoted for someone else?

Dude. Go back to sleep.

His size/weight has to be a concern to clubs, how can it not be? Very difficult to draft the outliers so to ignore this would be a huge risk particularly for a top 10 pick when you will likely be able to get equal talent without the major red flag ala Pitts/Chase/Waddle, maybe even deeper down the board. I'm definitely in the camp that we strike elsewhere at 6 and then if you can catch him sliding into the teens, great, make a move there, pairing him up with Tua again certainly would be interesting, even moreso if Pitts was already on the roster!

The situation is reminding me a little bit of last year though, everyone seemed to be sold on Tua over Herbert but Tua's lack of size and recent injury were really scaring me, I was hoping we would end up with Herbert and that protypical size/arm. Hindsight is 20/20 of course, and there is nothing saying Tua won't take off similar to Brees in the coming years and I'm 100% behind him but I would think if you polled every club now who they would draft it likely tips in Herbert's favor. It's easy to fall in love with these Bama guys because they are kicking tail all year long but think we are better off with the tried and true here, get a similar talent player at 6 but with proper measurables.

Did you just say I'm putting words into YOUR mouth in a post I quoted for someone else?

Dude. Go back to sleep.
The link to your reply in my "notifications" for some reason linked directly to that reply, and not the reply you gave to my post. Then I after I posted it was quoting other folks. Fixed! Sorry!

Doesn't really change anything regarding the claim and the discussion surrounding it.

Im not seeing Smith beat that.

Actually yes Travis.

More body weight to absorb the blow, when you're that light you tend to get more whiplash. The distance your body will travel after a hit will be greater then a person of larger size, creating a much more violent whiplash.
Yeah I disagree that ~10-15 pounds is going to give you much more protection to your head..

gonna need to see some evidence for that one

The link to your reply in my "notifications" for some reason linked directly to that reply, and not the reply you gave to my post. Then I after I posted it was quoting other folks. Fixed! Sorry!

Doesn't really change anything regarding the claim and the discussion surrounding it.

Kind of a weak argument, no? You’re showing a video of Diggs and Thielen get blown up, and say “Smith won’t beat that”? But Diggs didn’t beat it either. Would you be upset with Diggs being on this team?

Even Tyreek Hill in all of his glory needs specific placement off the line and in motion to get off the jam.

Does anyone here actually think we have the offensive creativity to use this guy in the same capacity?

We have three injury prone WRs as is. Do we really need another who won't be able to get off the jam?
He is actually one of the best at getting off press. He's better at it than Chase, for example.

I think it’s so funny seeing people be like, ‘Well at 175 that was a bit light but I’d have taken him but at 166 there’s NO WAY.’

Like those nine pounds are the end of the world. The kid is going to ball in the NFL.
Agreed. LOL I see it as one of the silliest opinions.

I was all in on this guy a couple months ago, but I'm almost completely off him now.

When a 250 pound MLB or a 330 pound DT tackle him, he could end up like Bo Jackson man. It's inevitable...
Based on your logic, no one under 6’1“ and 225 pounds should be drafted in the NFL. Because those were the height and weight of Jackson when he played in the NFL and suffered his career ending injury.

The only thing in life that is inevitable is death and taxes. We have no idea what type of career Smith or any other player in this years draft will have in the NFL or if they will suffer a career ending injury.

Last edited:
With a proper nutritionist and working out he can easily add weight. Additionally, he played against some of the best corners why wasn't his weight an issue against them back in college?
If the job of a receiver was to stand on a scale during a game, then we can be worried.

Here he is against Jaycee Horn who is expected to go in the 1st round.

Probably not, but neither did Thielen right there who is like 200 pounds?

alexander is running full steam at AT who is just trying to wrangle him to block him at all

what does this run blocking clip have to do with anything? I get you’re trying to call Smith weak but this is a poor way of doing it

These numbers are pretty close to what we've heard all along, doesn't change anything in my opinion.
The starting corners at South Carolina last year were bigger than any starters in the AFC East
Levi Wallace in Buffalo clocks in at all of 6'0" 179lbs
The kid can play.

With a proper nutritionist and working out he can easily add weight. Additionally, he played against some of the best corners why wasn't his weight an issue against them back in college?

Here he is against Jaycee Horn who is expected to go in the 1st round.

It’s long term durability that is the concern. Guys at his size historically have trouble staying healthy over the course of their career

he’s as talented as they come that shouldn’t be taken away from him. But 166 lbs (his bulked up weight) means there’s an uphill battle there to stay healthy over the course of a career

Back
Top Bottom