Slimm's 2019 Quarterbacks (underclassman) | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Slimm's 2019 Quarterbacks (underclassman)

I don't think either will. Fields knew what he was getting into when he signed probably with the expectation that Fromm would go pro after his junior year. If Fields transfers he'll sit out next year not to eligible until 2020, meanwhile Fromm goes pro after next season & Georgia has an opening in 2020.

I think something may have changed there though. That's the landscape of college football now - talented QB's transfer instead of sitting around biding their time like they used to. I think UGA's staff may know something is up, which is why they offered Lil Tua back in October.

You never know what these kids are going to do, but I'd be a little surprised if both stay.

Any opinions as to Ian Book and his NFL prospects?

I think he's a good fit for a WCO at the next level. Book's mobility, decision making, and precise accuracy and timing are good fits for a system like that.

His arm is good enough. But some systems value other traits above just arm talent. I typically like that approach.

I think he's a good fit for a WCO at the next level. Book's mobility, decision making, and precise accuracy and timing are good fits for a system like that.

His arm is good enough. But some systems value other traits above just arm talent. I typically like that approach.

I haven't seen much of him this year but i watched the USC game last night and I really liked what i saw. He had a bad throw in the endzone, but besides that i thought he seemed to have a good grasp of what he had to do to win that game. If Notre Dame by some miracle wins the playoff his stock will never be higher. He would most likely have to go against a very good Clemson D and Alabama D.

Montez is the most improved quarterback on this list from last year in my opinion. He has everything he needs to warrant being a high draft pick. However, he has to hold it together and keep from falling apart and turning the football over against good (ranked) opposition like he typically does. If he can do that, he establishes himself as more than a nice looking project. He took a big step towards that Saturday in Lincoln.

Meanwhile, Montez has reverted back to his turnovers and inconsistency over the second half of the season and the coach is fired. Frustrating kid to watch. The tools are there.

Kyler Murray is the most talented player in the country, but he's absolutely gone to play professional baseball. He's the best high school football player in the history of Texas high school football. Even better than I was.

Weird flex, but ok.

JK Slimm! LOL

I've been talking about Tyree Jackson of Buffalo for a while, ever since I started a Buffalo University thread about Tyree and Drew Anderson. You can't help but like his pure combination of arm talent, running ability, size, and makeup.

But my god does he have Frankenstein feet. He just...can't...move.

Kyler Murray is the most talented player in the country, but he's absolutely gone to play professional baseball. He's the best high school football player in the history of Texas high school football. Even better than I was.

Is that based purely on a love more for baseball? Because I would assume if he's that talented as an FB player then the business decision is to go the NFL route. Sounds like he's guaranteed to be a Top 5 pick.

Is that based purely on a love more for baseball? Because I would assume if he's that talented as an FB player then the business decision is to go the NFL route. Sounds like he's guaranteed to be a Top 5 pick.

Business decision is to go into baseball. Longer career, less wear and tear on his tiny body, fully guaranteed contracts. They already gave him $5 million, and baseball pays a LOT.

Business decision is to go into baseball. Longer career, less wear and tear on his tiny body, fully guaranteed contracts. They already gave him $5 million, and baseball pays a LOT.

Well damn! I guess it makes a heck of a lot more sense now.

Did Haskins show more NFL stuff last weekend in the Michigan beatdown?

I’m already high on the kid and he’s got the arm talent. Still behind Herbert?

Did Haskins show more NFL stuff last weekend in the Michigan beatdown?

I’m already high on the kid and he’s got the arm talent. Still behind Herbert?

He had some nice throws from a velocity standpoint. They were not throws that were head and shoulders above the curve he'd already established, but they were good enough for the NFL. He also showed more urgency in his feet, which was really nice to see.

You beat the #4 team in the country by dicing up what had been a fantastic defense, and you break Drew Brees's conference record for TD passes in a season in the process, that's a good week. And it came at the perfect time with the GM types in attendance.

I've been talking about Tyree Jackson of Buffalo for a while, ever since I started a Buffalo University thread about Tyree and Drew Anderson. You can't help but like his pure combination of arm talent, running ability, size, and makeup.

But my god does he have Frankenstein feet. He just...can't...move.

I watched him against Ohio and he was awful. Couldn't stop turning the ball over. Got benched.

Toolsy kid, but lots and lots of issues there.

I watched him against Ohio and he was awful. Couldn't stop turning the ball over. Got benched.

Toolsy kid, but lots and lots of issues there.

Slow feet belie a slow mind, IMO. He's late a lot. Doesn't see a lot. And his feet are as disconnected from what he's reading as anyone I can think of.

I think Jeff Samardzia is a good example of this. He's looking to make > $125 million in career earnings. He wouldn't have even sniffed a fraction of that in the NFL.

Hey Slimm, have you looked at Jordan Love?

He's technically eligible as he was class of 2016. He's a redshirt sophomore.

He's a very good quarterback with an NFL profile. He passes the eyeball tests easily. Granted I haven't dug deep, haven't started doing a velocity profile, background profile, or looked at three of his games to get a look at his decision-making, or anything like that (only seen one game, Air Force).

But what I see in him mechanically and structurally is attractive. And the production is about where you'd want it, obviously.

Back
Top Bottom