Slimm's 2020 Runningbacks (underclassman) | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Slimm's 2020 Runningbacks (underclassman)

Bolded just to indicate the player in the image.

Asterisk indicate Redshirt Sophomores - Eligible to enter the draft if they choose due to being 3 years removed from high school.

I see a lot of mocks have us taking Swift with 1B or C. Personally I prefer Taylor and if it’s gonna be swift I’d prefer to wait

I would prefer Dobbins but would take Taylor, may have to spend the 3rd 1st on him or on either of them.
Etienne looked ineffective in the bowl game, Dobbins looked like a stud until he was injured.

I would prefer Dobbins but would take Taylor, may have to spend the 3rd 1st on him or on either of them.
Etienne looked ineffective in the bowl game, Dobbins looked like a stud until he was injured.

And Dobbins still gutted it out with the injury. Made some nice plays on the final drive before the INT, even though he couldn’t cut. Exactly the type of toughness you like to see.

And he officially declared today.

Wonder if he could be in play with one of their 2nd round selections.

I'm already looking down the list because for a RB2 because I'm planning that we're going hard at Gordon in FA.

At least two picks within the first two rounds have to be OL.

Thoughts on Trey Sermon or DeeJay Dallas?

Dee Jay Dallas was always a huge fan favorite with the Canes. That is rare in this era. He's a team leader type who took it upon himself to recruit other prospects to Miami, before he had enrolled himself. Well spoken smart guy.

Big play type more than chunk to chunk. Versatile athlete, in fact he was considered more of a wide receiver or defensive back when he enrolled. Dallas played quarterback in high school.

His main negative is somewhat of a paunchy frame for his speed and talent level. Dallas played at correct weight as a true freshman in 2017 but basically gave away his sophomore year by simply being too fat. Dramatic loss of burst and elusiveness. This season he got back to his 2017 weight and was a huge factor early, including a breakaway touchdown in the opener against Florida. Then he steadily put on some of the weight and was semi-fat again in the FIU game when he hurt his elbow and was lost for the season.

Dee Jay Dallas was always a huge fan favorite with the Canes. That is rare in this era. He's a team leader type who took it upon himself to recruit other prospects to Miami, before he had enrolled himself. Well spoken smart guy.

Big play type more than chunk to chunk. Versatile athlete, in fact he was considered more of a wide receiver or defensive back when he enrolled. Dallas played quarterback in high school.

His main negative is somewhat of a paunchy frame for his speed and talent level. Dallas played at correct weight as a true freshman in 2017 but basically gave away his sophomore year by simply being too fat. Dramatic loss of burst and elusiveness. This season he got back to his 2017 weight and was a huge factor early, including a breakaway touchdown in the opener against Florida. Then he steadily put on some of the weight and was semi-fat again in the FIU game when he hurt his elbow and was lost for the season.

I hate players with odd body types for their position but Miami seems to love them

Either dobbins or Ettiene would be such a massive upgrade

I just think Etienne is going to be a devastating PRO!

The kid is TUFF, explosive, steps up in crunch time,

big play machine, will be unreal in the PROs out of

the backfield in pass game, etc.

***4.32 40!***

OMG

We build a top dog power OL and add that kid with

the emerging receivers we have + another threat

either at TE or WR and --- watch out! We could

score some points!

Figured I'd clear something up real quick regarding Najee Harris.

This ain't Derrick Henry.

Harris has improved so much this season and finally started to run behind his pads. One thing he does have in common with Henry is the sturdiness and durability. But Henry's speed is just in a different class all together.

Najee Harris is a battering ram. Can catch the football out of the backfield and block - but he's not fast. He'll probably time somewhere between 4.65 - 4.75.

Henry could outrun secondaries and never got caught from behind. But that's because he ran a 4.5 at 247 pounds. On a good day he can get it just into the 4.4's. Just a complete freak of nature.

Harris just doesn't have that gear. Most people don't realize that he's had nearly 400 carries at Alabama - and his longest run is 35 yards. That's it. Henry ripped off 70 and 80 yard runs.

Furthermore, most people don't realize that he'd never even rushed for 100 yards against a Power 5 team until halfway through the season this year. Harris is likely a 4th round pick, which is why he's been struggling with his decision.

Figured I'd clear something up real quick regarding Najee Harris.

This ain't Derrick Henry.

Harris has improved so much this season and finally started to run behind his pads. One thing he does have in common with Henry is the sturdiness and durability. But Henry's speed is just in a different class all together.

Najee Harris is a battering ram. Can catch the football out of the backfield and block - but he's not fast. He'll probably time somewhere between 4.65 - 4.75.

Henry could outrun secondaries and never got caught from behind. But that's because he ran a 4.5 at 247 pounds. On a good day he can get it just into the 4.4's. Just a complete freak of nature.

Harris just doesn't have that gear. Most people don't realize that he's had nearly 400 carries at Alabama - and his longest run is 35 yards. That's it. Henry ripped off 70 and 80 yard runs.

Furthermore, most people don't realize that he'd never even rushed for 100 yards against a Power 5 team until halfway through the season this year. Harris is likely a 4th round pick, which is why he's been struggling with his decision.

I would much prefer Etienne, Dobbins and Edwards Helaire, even Cam Akers.
Clyde is my favorite value wise.
What is your take on Clyde EH. I read he was the first freshman on varsity at his HS, which also featured Derrius Guice. I know he was involved in a self defense shooting that resulted in the death of someone allegedly robbing him and a teammate. Seems high character other than that incident. He is just a bowling ball, that always seems to get the yards needed and has shown to be good in the passing game too.

Back
Top Bottom