So everyone happy with the draft? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

So everyone happy with the draft?

Are you happy?

• Yes

Votes: 137 93.8%
  • No

Votes: 9 6.2%

• Total voters
That being said, I admire the commitment to protecting Tua. While in the past Miami has put resources into the OL the building of the line was mired by a combination of poor and lazy scouting (both in draft and free agency) while 3 players maybe a bit overkill you cannot doubt that in terms of being prospects they are better than pretty much anybody we have drafted in recent years outside of Tunsil.

I sure hope the line is now sorted. Idk if what we have just added are better or not. We have signed and drafted so many OL players over the years that they all blur, but aside from the Tunsil fluke it has never worked up to this point

Overall I am happy with the draft. Its not the perfect draft, but its pretty decent. I love the Tua pick, the Jones pick, Weaver and picking up Matt Breida from the 49ers. I am happy with the Jackson pick, and as he was the best of the tier 2 Olinemen, it was a must get IMO. Also happy with the Hunt pick. The Davis pick was a meh pick for me. The Noah pick was a WTF moment, thinking/expecting a DE or RB. Didnt see that one coming at all. The rest of the picks - were players I didnt know a lot about tbh. I think its fair to say that most punters wouldnt really know much about most 6th or 7th rounders unless they played for the college team they follow.

Overall, great building blocks for Miami. Plus our new QB.

Why are so many convinced Robert Hunt isn't a right tackle? That has been his position for the last two years.

Sure, I think Jackson and Hunt are going to need some coaching up. Most college players do. Both seem to have all the physical and mental traits one would desire. Kindley will be our right guard....think mentally stable Richie Icognito.

I am happy, I am glad they focused on bringing in competition to try and rebuild the Oline and Dline. There shouldnt be any expectation to win this year, it should just be a development year. By the 2021 season, I expect 99.999% of the roster to be overhauled from the 2019 season.

Only disappointment but expected, I wanted the fins to snab Jonathan Taylor who I think will be a pro bowler running back.

Title says it all. I personally feel like the team did a good job. Only time will tell though/

While I'm happy with the draft, for the most part Miami drafted high ceiling. I can see some hitting that ceiling, but some not being around in a couple of years. Nonetheless, I like the strategy of going for a lot of talent. Playing it safe for years didn't work

Miami Dolphins: Brian Flores is the right coach for this team, if it wasn't obvious enough already. Adding 11 draft picks to an already young Dolphins roster will maximize Flores' ability to teach and mold a group in his image. The players who survive to a second contract will be Flores Guys, and it's clear that he values many of the same traits as his old boss in New England, with versatility and defensive back play being a priority in Miami.

Ive been happy with this draft, I think they approached it right in trying to fix LOS on both sides. Grabbing a franchise QB on top of it.

Happy with everything but Jackson's pick. Think he was taken too high, but other than that I loved it.

As I watched the draft unfold after the Tua pick, I was pretty underwhelmed. Not so much because of who we picked, but because of who we didn't pick. As our turns came up it seemed like I was always hoping we drafted somebody different. I wasn't feeling too confident.

But then I decided to look at it from a different perspective.

After the draft and free agency, I can say our offensive line is better than it was last year. Our defensive line should be much better than last year. Our running backs should be much better than last year. (I'm not real big on either Howard or Breida, but compared to Ballage and Laird they're Czonk and Kiick).

Our secondary is better than last year. Our QB is potentially much better long term but when we'll see the full potential remains to be seen. And most importantly, our long snapper is better than last year!

On that same note, I don't see us being any worse at any position this year than we were last year. So it's safe to say we're a better team today than we were when last season ended.

TFK

Ecstatic. Knew Grier would crush it, already one of the top GM’s in the NFL and only getting better with time. Wouldn’t trade him or Flores for anyone, good times coming!!!

I’m strongly of the opinion that anyone who is unhappy with this draft is one of the following:

1) Dead-set on being negative, in which case there’s no point in discussing

2) Convinced that they know which players fit Grier’s/Flores’s plan better than Grier and Flores do...in which there’s no point in discussing

3) Predisposed to just hating Grier...which I’ll discuss, but very skeptically.

Agreed and on 1, I feel like I'm still seeing dudes who have been negative forever, still being negative. I've literally never seen some of these posters say a good thing about our dolphins.

Why are so many convinced Robert Hunt isn't a right tackle? That has been his position for the last two years.

Sure, I think Jackson and Hunt are going to need some coaching up. Most college players do. Both seem to have all the physical and mental traits one would desire. Kindley will be our right guard....think mentally stable Richie Icognito.

I think he's the RG because if Fitz and Rosen both got injured this coming season, and Tua absolutely HAD to get under center, who is the better choice for his blindside...Jesse Davis or Robert Hunt? He has only played 7 games as RT, and that was this year. The majority of his college career has been at LG and LT, so it's not out of the realm of possibilities that he's the RT. I just think Davis has the edge. He very well may move once Davis shows he's not worth his contract, but Hunt os the RG IMO.

I will be honest now, with how good Tua was looking, I thought we were not going to get Tua, and was set with the possibility we were not going to get one of the two elite College QBs...I am not just pleasantly surprised, I am ecstatic.

The rest of the draft was good to really good, but getting Weaver at the end of the 5th? To say I loved this draft, would be a huge understatement.

Take out the tua pick and 95% of the people that are praising the draft would be wanting flo and Grier fired. None of them really cared after that.

I'm fine with the draft and what I like is they went with confidence after who they wanted regardless of whether anyone liked it, it being popular or understood. Sink or swim I love to see a coach sold out on his convictions.

I liked it.

It's going to be exciting as hell when Tua walks out in a Dolphins uniform.

I hope he spends some serious time in the weight room & manages to stay healthy.

Whatever happens to him, he sure was a shot of adrenaline into the fan base.

Flores will make this team respectable and a serious contender however the QB situation shakes out is my firm belief

Back
Top Bottom