So...kyler Murray Has Declared. What Does Everyone Think? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

So...kyler Murray Has Declared. What Does Everyone Think?

My biggest issue is that he is under 6 feet. Yes, I know there are exceptions to that, but not often. Basically you better have pin point accuracy and amazing QB vision/progressions ability if you are going to be short. I am not sure about Murray's accuracy as I have not watched him much.

Can anyone speak on his accuracy and ability to read progressions?

Gonna have to get into the top 5 to get him, #1 overall most likely. Will take multiple firsts and low round picks to get him ... I could go either way here.

Be interesting to see how the boards shape up after the combine.

Haskins still above Murray?

Lock is probably a distant 3rd now, then Jones IMO.

He could be real good, but with a lousy team and line, we might not be able to tell....I wouldn't risk it.

Scared! This is exactly the type of player Miami historically takes a chance on and end up getting burned.

Brother, ain't that the truth. This is EXACTLY the kind of guy that does that to us.

I remember watching Ted Ginn and thinking we just hit the jackpot, the human joystick ain't got nothing on this kid. Turns out he like the sideline more than the endzone.

At 13 though, I'm pulling the trigger- hands down.

Jump up for him? What's the price because I wouldn't be willing to give much. We are just not in a position to reach.

But at 13... I'm going back to church.

I want him. Great long ball accuracy and Jesus Christ jet planes were named after this kid.

I haven't seen enough of him to see him under pressure because the highlights below show him having a cup of coffee before having to throw.

Then again, talk about having a roll out passer if and when our OL is atrocious. Could be the perfect fix for such a problem.

And the option read possibilities that now is a staple in the NFL... boy... the possibilities...

Can't say those highlights look good to me. Bailing from a clean pocket, has kind of a side arm throw for a guy who looks 5'8" on the field (not good), every deep ball his receivers were wide open and every single one of them had to reach back for the ball...those get battled down or intercepted in the NFL. I saw no throws where he had to fit one in a tight window. Reminds me a lot of RGIII's tape.

I just don't (can't) see us building our future starting with this kid.

Too short to be under center so we have to go 100% gun and that means

build an O tailored just for *him* when we have needs like everywhere...

I don't see how that even remotely resembles the design plan NE has used

which seems to be what we're primarily building around.

I also thought the kid looked pretty rattled/lost against Saban/Alabama

when a high quality D mind can game plan the kid... He's NOT Vick

and he's NOT Wilson and he's NOT remotely a classic QB --

I think he's rather high risk and I just don't see us even looking at him...

I'm all for it.

Give me Murray. Give me a stud defensive player. Give me a monster in the trenches. Any of these options are okay

Idk about trading up for murray a huge amount, but if he makes it to you, jump on it. If he looks like a total bust this year you can still draft a qb high next year and/or use murray as a trade option / keep him around

I'm all for it.

Give me Murray. Give me a stud defensive player. Give me a monster in the trenches. Any of these options are okay

Idk about trading up for murray a huge amount, but if he makes it to you, jump on it. If he looks like a total bust this year you can still draft a qb high next year and/or use murray as a trade option / keep him around
Dolphins waited around for 7 years on Tannehill...do you really believe that if they take a QB in the 1st round this year they're going to turn around and take another one next year? In the history of the draft has any team ever done that?

Can't say those highlights look good to me. Bailing from a clean pocket, has kind of a side arm throw for a guy who looks 5'8" on the field (not good), every deep ball his receivers were wide open and every single one of them had to reach back for the ball...those get battled down or intercepted in the NFL. I saw no throws where he had to fit one in a tight window. Reminds me a lot of RGIII's tape.

What highlights were you watching? He hit each one in stride. I think you gotta go back and rewatch.

Those things you mentioned are a problem but take another look and see how smart some of his throws are when it comes to having a little floater over the defender or that sweet back shoulder pass.

I also dont know what you mean by bailing and thats the problem from my pov. He has all day to pass in those pockets. How will he fare under instant pressure?

Btw Mahomes a sideways motion as well. Hell, Mahomes throws with every motion, even with the opposite hand. A playmaker is a playmaker.

I wouldn’t trade draft capital for him, but I would take a shot at him at 13. If he didn’t work out, then we would be in good position to try And draft a QB high next year.
I don't think giving the 13th overall pick a single season to play under a rebuilding team is the best strategy. If you draft him, you have to give him and us enough time to see what he really offers.

If he’s there at 13 trade out to a QB desperate team. Draft dline or oline and laugh maniacally at all your new draft picks.

This is also a very smart play. But I wouldn't do it for scraps.

A QB with that kind of talent falls in your lap and you pass for what, a 2 and a 5?

IMO, no trade up.

If he's there at 13, it'd be foolish not to draft the position we so desperately need seeing that kind of talent.

And if someone is backing up the Brinks trucks with the money bags for him, pull the trade trigger.

No thanks. I would rather see them address the trenches first and bring in a QB next year when the well is a bit deeper. No sense in bringing in a QB to have him get slaughtered with a leaky OL. The team also needs a DL that can pressure the opposing QB. The team needs to be smart about the rebuild and not go for the flashy draft picks or free agent signings.

That would be okay too...

Back
Top Bottom