So let me understand this? | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

So let me understand this?

Miami Dolphins quarterback Ryan Tannehill completed 61 percent of passes that were in the air for longer than 20 yards, which was second in the NFL in 2016, according to the Deep Ball Project.

Tannehill also completed 64 percent of passes that were in the air longer than 16 yards, fourth in the NFL. (http://dailydolphin.blog.palmbeachp...best-deep-ball-thrower-via-deep-ball-project/)

By the way, congratulations. Even my Mrs, who has zero interest in football, and doesn't read this forum, now knows that Tannchise hates Tannehill.
I don't hate him. Isn't my name Tannchise? I do think his shelf life is diminishing fast, based on salary, coach and FO stability and the fact that to make the playoffs, you have to win your division, and with all teams in the AFCE probably looking at the future with qb's, Tannehill is not a good qb in his own division. I also look at what competition can do to a qb. RT has had it easy here for 6 years. Gase needs to stop announcing jobs and let players win it. when you are 6-10, talent is lacking

He plays beyond the whistle...like a punk with a chip on his shoulder....if only he could find a way to consistently make plays that move the chains and score... make a difference for your team where it counts....then run your mouth....maybe then he would be worth consideration ....
Thats your assessment of Ryan Jensen? Incognito is a Pro bowler no? I just said his play reminds me of Incognito.

Thats your assessment of Ryan Jensen? Incognito is a Pro bowler no? I just said his play reminds me of Incognito.

Nope....sorry I didn't see a name reference and was assuming we were still replying to the thread title...didn't seethe derailment...

Yards per snap numbers. Stills is higher the one year he played with Brees. So Landry plays more (usually), plays special teams, and has more yards per snap. They are both good players but I don't know how you can say Stills is clearly better.

Landry 0.99
Stills 0.98
Parker 0.90
Caroo 0.48
Grant 0.68

Landry 1.27
Stills 0.91
Parker 1.01
Caroo 0.24
Grant 0.00

Landry 1.33
Stills 0.74

Landry 1.11
Stills* 1.51
What is your Yards per Snap number? a) The yards the team gained when the player was on the field or b) the player's receiving yards per snap played?

I don't hate him. Isn't my name Tannchise? I do think his shelf life is diminishing fast, based on salary, coach and FO stability and the fact that to make the playoffs, you have to win your division, and with all teams in the AFCE probably looking at the future with qb's, Tannehill is not a good qb in his own division. I also look at what competition can do to a qb. RT has had it easy here for 6 years. Gase needs to stop announcing jobs and let players win it. when you are 6-10, talent is lacking
I think the reason I, and a number of others think you ... strongly dislike then ... him, is because you start a thread about Landry and it descends into you complaining about Tannehill. Which seems to be an issue in a number of threads that I see you discussing in - regardless of thread, Tannehill is brought up.

I agree, his shelf life is diminishing fast, and I do think we should draft a QB to compete with him. But I also do think he can take us to the playoffs next year, it feels like you think we have zero hope. I mean, you make up rubbish like we can't throw deep, despite the facts completely not backing that up etc. Fair enough if you don't think he's good, but you can't just make things up.

Yards per snap numbers. Stills is higher the one year he played with Brees. So Landry plays more (usually), plays special teams, and has more yards per snap. They are both good players but I don't know how you can say Stills is clearly better.

Landry 0.99
Stills 0.98
Parker 0.90
Caroo 0.48
Grant 0.68

Landry 1.27
Stills 0.91
Parker 1.01
Caroo 0.24
Grant 0.00

Landry 1.33
Stills 0.74

Landry 1.11
Stills* 1.51
So let me get this straight, you're using total receiving yards divided by snaps played to measure WRs? While Landry played 10 less snaps than Stills, he had 56 more targets. Talk about reaching...

I so miss the threads from sourwrong, oh wait we still have them.

He had 2-3 good games in 2016. We were 10-6 because of a run game and a healthy LT in Albert,Tunsil , Pouncey, Bushrod and James

LT is a problems too on this team. The Bills and Jags, in the playoffs, had a rookie LT, both got in the 2nd round

It was the rush offense that carried Miami in 2016 fyi

Why didnt you include weeks 16/17/18?

Well because you attributed our 10-6 record to the run game when in fact we had a 6-1 record when the run game avg 92.6 yds and 3 td. You also gave credit to the run game for carrying Miami in 2016 when we won 6 out 10 with a below avg rush offense.

We were also 4-1 with Pouncey out during that 6-1 stretch. in which he missed weeks 11 to 15
2-0 with Albert out in weeks 11 to 12 during that 6-1 stretch
and 1-0 With James out weeks Tunsil out week 12 during that 6-1 stretch.

I'm not saying the run game didn't do its part in the wins, surely it did but when you win 6 games out of 10 with a run game that avg 92.6 on 3.7 and 3tds, I don't believe it would be accurate to say the run game CARRIED Miami in 2016.

The running game carried the Seahawks to 2 Super Bowls and one Super Bowl win. Don’t see their fans bitching about that.

How dare you have a balanced offense. I wanna be like NO. Great qb, no running game. 7-9 every year. But we have a elite qb!!!!

This guys arguments are that of a confused 7 year old..

Well because you attributed our 10-6 record to the run game when in fact we had a 6-1 record when the run game avg 92.6 yds and 3 td. You also gave credit to the run game for carrying Miami in 2016 when we won 6 out 10 with a below avg rush offense.

We were also 4-1 with Pouncey out during that 6-1 stretch. in which he missed weeks 11 to 15
2-0 with Albert out in weeks 11 to 12 during that 6-1 stretch
and 1-0 With James out weeks Tunsil out week 12 during that 6-1 stretch.

I'm not saying the run game didn't do its part in the wins, surely it did but when you win 6 games out of 10 with a run game that avg 92.6 on 3.7 and 3tds, I don't believe it would be accurate to say the run game CARRIED Miami in 2016.

93 yards a game. All. That. Carry!

So let me get this straight, you're using total receiving yards divided by snaps played to measure WRs? While Landry played 10 less snaps than Stills, he had 56 more targets. Talk about reaching...

Who's fault is it he had 56 more targets? Thats why its a good stat, through no fault of Landry's the QB/offense likes to go through him. Maybe Stills isn't open. Maybe the QBs just don't trust Stills as much. Maybe he's dropping balls/running poor routes. If Stills is a much better player and is in better position to make bigger plays then his yards per snap number should be much higher.

Its not Landry's fault the system and/or QB is too conservative, if that's whats happening. Or maybe Landry is simply a better player than Stills.

I don’t get the argument that Landry is a worse WR than Stills. Stills isn’t great, he’s great at going deep and getting open.

Landry is way better than him, and that’s the problem with the offense.

I don’t get the argument that Landry is a worse WR than Stills. Stills isn’t great, he’s great at going deep and getting open.

Landry is way better than him, and that’s the problem with the offense.
Landry is not utilized right. He is a matchup nightmare on the slot against a LB. Think of how NE would use him?
He has to improvise and cut his patterns short because of the lack of protection and qb play.

The running game carried the Seahawks to 2 Super Bowls and one Super Bowl win. Don’t see their fans bitching about that.

How dare you have a balanced offense. I wanna be like NO. Great qb, no running game. 7-9 every year. But we have a elite qb!!!!

This guys arguments are that of a confused 7 year old..

When the team loses, it is all about the QB. When the team wins, it is all about the other players. But, only in Miami. True story.

Back
Top Bottom