So let me understand this? | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

So let me understand this?

If Landry didn't show you all how valuable he is to this team this year, I don't know what to tell you.

He became a legit redzone threat because of his ability to get seperation in close quarters and make strong catches.

I really like Kenny Stills, he is certainly a top level deep ball threat . . . but there is no question that replacing him with Jakeem Grant is a better solution than replacing Jarvis with "insert name here".

I am not advocating for either . . . you keep Stills, you resign Landry (or tag him and then resign him longterm) and if there is anybody you look to jetison, its Devante Parker because he will still have some trade value. Then you get your 3rd round pick Carroo (I know people think he sucks, but how on earth is he gonna get on the field with Parker/Stills/Landry . . . Grant has a skill set that sets him apart and gives Gase options which allows him to see the field more) on the field more in that Parker spot and you continue using Grant how you used him late last year, while pocketing a hopeful top 40 pick for Parker which you in turn use to grab a TE with one of those day 2 picks and you still have a boatload of UDFA/late round WR picks you are developing who can become that #5 WR.

I like Parker, wanted him in that draft the whole time, but you are gonna face a big contract with him soon and you aren't sure if you have a dependable player here. If there is value in a trade, Miami needs to take a strong look.

AMEN

It boggles my mind that there is a good portion of fans here calling for the team to let Landry walk....

It boggles my mind that there is a good portion of fans here calling for the team to let Landry walk....
well that will be the new excuse for Tannehill. If this board thinks they can depend on Parker and Grant to pick up the slack, they are in for a dose of reality. More importantly, if the FO thinks so, we are in trouble. At worst, franchise the guy and see what you have as a team. he has done so much for us, both parties deserve that

Who's fault is it he had 56 more targets? Thats why its a good stat, through no fault of Landry's the QB/offense likes to go through him. Maybe Stills isn't open. Maybe the QBs just don't trust Stills as much. Maybe he's dropping balls/running poor routes. If Stills is a much better player and is in better position to make bigger plays then his yards per snap number should be much higher.
While we're speculating maybe Landry does not have a good enough understanding of the playbook so needs to be fed with short passes.

Its not Landry's fault the system and/or QB is too conservative, if that's whats happening. Or maybe Landry is simply a better player than Stills.
Maybe it's just that.

I don’t get the argument that Landry is a worse WR than Stills. Stills isn’t great, he’s great at going deep and getting open.

Landry is way better than him, and that’s the problem with the offense.
Well give me the WR thats great at going deep and getting open vs. the great slot receiver who's good at breaking tackles but only has 3 career TDs outside the red zone... Stills has 21 of those... Again Im not saying Stills is worlds better than Landry, they're pretty close actually. I still think it'd be harder to replace Stills than Landry... Especially when you consider that Landry's production can be replaced by RBs and TEs...

Landry is not utilized right. He is a matchup nightmare on the slot against a LB. Think of how NE would use him?
He has to improvise and cut his patterns short because of the lack of protection and qb play.
I’d bet that Landry is almost never covered by a linebacker

And woah woah woah, what happened to your claims about the running game carrying us to the playoffs? Just stopped that one?

Hint: balanced teams do well

I think the reason I, and a number of others think you ... strongly dislike then ... him, is because you start a thread about Landry and it descends into you complaining about Tannehill. Which seems to be an issue in a number of threads that I see you discussing in - regardless of thread, Tannehill is brought up.

Then like clockwork....

well that will be the new excuse for Tannehill. If this board thinks they can depend on Parker and Grant to pick up the slack, they are in for a dose of reality.

1) Stills is a better WR than Landry.
2) We don't have a vertical QB in house... How did Stills manage 14 yards per, Grant 15 yards per and Stills 14 yards per? Did they have a different QB throwing to them?
3) It's the bubble screens! Ok! So why his Landry the only one being thrown those bubble screens?

Stills better than Landry? You're on something. Just because he had a better YPC does not make him a better receiver. Stills, while I like him and am happy the team resigned him last offseason, is a complimentary receiver at best.

Stills better than Landry? You're on something. Just because he had a better YPC does not make him a better receiver. Stills, while I like him and am happy the team resigned him last offseason, is a complimentary receiver at best.

Stills was pretty great when he was paired with Brees, and I think in the right offense with the right QB he would be viewed as one of the best in the game. The problem is you can't really compare that Stills with Landry until Landry gets paired with an elite QB, which hopefully happens sooner than later, for everyone's sake.

Back
Top Bottom