So..Ronnie got hurt huh? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

So..Ronnie got hurt huh?

:deadhorse All that needs to be said is our fans love Ronnie and your fans love Cady.... In 5 years come back and we will dispute this. But after one season when Cady got almost 100 more carries and we are trying to compare them, makes no sence.:(

As for splitting carries:

Ronnie Brown: 199
All other Miami backs/receivers: 185

Cadillac Williams: 268
All other Tampa backs/receivers: 133

NawlinsBucFan said:
Well, I'll tell you this board is a lot more fun to read. The Bucs board has WAY too many restrictions. But as for Ronnie envy? Everytime Caddy sees the play is getting blown up where it's designed to go, cuts back against the grain, uses his superior vision to find a lane and turns a 3 yard loss into a game saving 24 yard TD, I thank the Fins and Bears for passing on him.:evil:

Every time? How often has he turned 3 yard losses into 24 yard TDs? Wow, at that rate, he should be setting records. How many TDs does he have anyway?

Anyone remember Jerome Bettis & Reggie Brooks? Both from ND. Brooks had a phenomenal rookie year. Bettis had a phenomenal CAREER.

Not that I hope that's the case for Caddy. I really like both of these guys, but it may be a bit early to gloat.

SCall13 said:
Every time? How often has he turned 3 yard losses into 24 yard TDs? Wow, at that rate, he should be setting records. How many TDs does he have anyway?

NawlinsBucFan said:
Well, I'll tell you this board is a lot more fun to read. The Bucs board has WAY too many restrictions. But as for Ronnie envy? Everytime Caddy sees the play is getting blown up where it's designed to go, cuts back against the grain, uses his superior vision to find a lane and turns a 3 yard loss into a game saving 24 yard TD, I thank the Fins and Bears for passing on him.:evil:

I'm sure the bears regreat passing up on him, but we don't, we got our RB of the future.

No one cares about caddy so go away :o

Edit: Oh yeah i don't remember you coming here last week when your boy runned for an amazing 23 yds on 14 carries :rolleyes:

NawlinsBucFan said:

happy to hear about caddy's expert vision in his rookie season....

good luck in the playoffs, there is some nasty run defenses out there.

and by the way your welcome for passing caddy. it was the smartest move in the draft.

you mean saban is smart cause when his guy is injured he lets him rest?

In that weak a$$ division who couldn't run for that many yards. AFC East is way tougher defensive wise and you know that.

Caddy is a great back, but I think you'd be hard-pressed to find anybody here who would trade RB for Caddy straight-up. RB fits our system better and is a better overall back. He's more productive everytime he touches the ball, is a better receiver and is a better pass blocker. In Linehan's system receiving and pass blocking are more of a priority than in Gruden's. The longer routes require the back to hold his blocks longer and we even split our backs out at WR quite often.

nlp0121 said:
Anyone remember Jerome Bettis & Reggie Brooks? Both from ND. Brooks had a phenomenal rookie year. Bettis had a phenomenal CAREER.

Not that I hope that's the case for Caddy. I really like both of these guys, but it may be a bit early to gloat.
lol....yeh but the Bus is a freak oif nature anyways,dude's like 45 runnning people over like they are paperdolls.....As for the whole who's better debate or whatever , I still think it's way too early in their career's for that ,But IMO Caddy has had a better rookis showing,but like I said I ddont think that measn much,Caddy is in a more established team and is not playing for a first yr coach who is also learning as he goes...Chuckie has always liked physical rb's anyways,so.

NawlinsBucFan said:

:rolleyes:

No problem..none at all.

Phinman said:
In that weak a$$ division who couldn't run for that many yards. AFC East is way tougher defensive wise and you know that.

Whoa that ain't true..
The only team with a losing record is New Orleans.

Both are great Rbs thats why they went in the Top 5. I dont see why everyone is arguing. Of course Caddy will get Rookie of the Year over Ronnie he just gets more publicity. It isnt that he is better it is that he is more hyped due to his fast start. Plus Ronnie hasnt had a 25+ carry game yet to show what he can actually due. Even in the first 4 games he shared the load with Morris because he had missed camp. I say wait a few years to judge either player. As for right now just realize they are both good backs

SCall13 said:
Of course that is not to be taken literally. That was a play that happened this week, but my point is that Carnell often creates something out of nothing when some other backs might and try to get a yard or get out of bounds. From what I've seen of Ronnie he might have put two hands on the ball and jam himself in ther to try and move the pile and pick up the first in that situation, but Caddy has the vision to find holes and lanes without dancing around in the backfield.

I just thought I'd throw all this out there for fun, guys. I hope noone thinks I'm trying to dis your guy. It's just opinions.

There may always be a debate over who is better, but for my money, I'd take Caddy every time. But then again, I'm the type of guy that would rather have Shaun Alexander than LT. LT is great but Alexander is a better pure runner. Maybe I'm just old fasioned.

Back
Top Bottom