So..Ronnie got hurt huh? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

So..Ronnie got hurt huh?

NawlinsBucFan said:
Of course that is not to be taken literally. That was a play that happened this week, but my point is that Carnell often creates something out of nothing when some other backs might and try to get a yard or get out of bounds. From what I've seen of Ronnie he might have put two hands on the ball and jam himself in ther to try and move the pile and pick up the first in that situation, but Caddy has the vision to find holes and lanes without dancing around in the backfield.

I just thought I'd throw all this out there for fun, guys. I hope noone thinks I'm trying to dis your guy. It's just opinions.

There may always be a debate over who is better, but for my money, I'd take Caddy every time. But then again, I'm the type of guy that would rather have Shaun Alexander than LT. LT is great but Alexander is a better pure runner. Maybe I'm just old fasioned.

I knew it wasn't literal. I was being sarcastic.

Anyway, I'm happy with who we have as well: two backs that are both better than Caddy. ;)

SCall13 said:
I knew it wasn't literal. I was being sarcastic.

Anyway, I'm happy with who we have as well: two backs that are both better than Caddy. ;)
:tongue: :dolphins:

hdjetta6316 said:
you mean saban is smart cause when his guy is injured he lets him rest?

um.............er.................uh.....................yeah:escape:

Talk to us in 5 years when it matters, the rookie year will not tell the tale of the career! It is a long road, this was a battle, see who wins the long war BUC BOY!

NawlinsBucFan said:
Of course that is not to be taken literally. That was a play that happened this week, but my point is that Carnell often creates something out of nothing when some other backs might and try to get a yard or get out of bounds. From what I've seen of Ronnie he might have put two hands on the ball and jam himself in ther to try and move the pile and pick up the first in that situation, but Caddy has the vision to find holes and lanes without dancing around in the backfield.

I just thought I'd throw all this out there for fun, guys. I hope noone thinks I'm trying to dis your guy. It's just opinions.

There may always be a debate over who is better, but for my money, I'd take Caddy every time. But then again, I'm the type of guy that would rather have Shaun Alexander than LT. LT is great but Alexander is a better pure runner. Maybe I'm just old fasioned.

Are you serious? Every running back in the league would have done exactly what Carnell did on that bounce outside during the falcons game. It was obvious, even to me, that the falcons were going to stuff the middle with everyone. Honestly, it was nothing special, I see a running back do that every other game.

NawlinsBucFan said:

Or maybe you just don't know what your talking about.

Ronnie got more yards per carry at Auburn and he has gotten more yards per carry in the Pro's.

This is not to say Caddy isn't a good back, he's just not as good overall as Ronnie is.

Not many here would trade backs with you straight up.

NawlinsBucFan said:
I wasn't happy to hear that, but I find it interesting that when Carnell got hurt, it was because he was 'overused' and fragile, but obviously not so with Ronnie.

Truth is, they both got hurt for the same reason......s**t happens.

But for those of you keeping score at home:
RB-Ronnie Brown, #2 overall pick- 886 yards rushing in 14 games
RB-Carnell Williams, #5 overall pick- 1097 yards rushing in 13 games

And there were at 2 games in the middle of the season, where Carnell had to be pulled after the first quarter, that still count as games played. The bulk of those yards came in 11 games.

:D Just sayin'

It sucks that they have each gotten hurt

BUT

Also take into account ronnie shares carries and plays on a passing team

I like them both really

I really dont understand the arguement. The bucs fans always come around talking about how he played fewer games due to injuries. does anyone understand that doesnt matter? Its not how many games you play, its how many times you touch the ball in those games. And caddy has a very large amount of carries in comparison to ronnies. I dont understand why this is even an arguement. If ronnie continued his 4.5 yards per carry, and handeled the ball as many times as caddy...he would have around 1200 yards. if caddy had as few carries as ronnie, he would have around 815 yards. As much as you talk about better vision on caddy which i may agree with, production is what matters most. People are so quick to jump on the yards number. Its the yards PER carry that matter. If caddy is such a better runner and can turn so many losses into gains, how come he does not have a better average per carry than ronnie? Ronnie had a better YPC yet caddy is the better runner...hmmm thats kind of odd. But i still agree that pure runner caddy is better pure runner but hes even losing in that section. Now lets look at the other stats that we must take into account. Ronnie also has 7.3 yards per catch average while caddy only has 4.1. Be we already know ronnie has the better hands. Then take a look at the blocking where the stats wont show. Ronnie has saved the Qb so many times im starting to think he should start on our OL. Hes amazing with his ability to pick up the block. Caddy isnt awful either but far far away from ronnies blocking ability. Overall, i say ronnie is the better back. Given the same amount of carries, Ronnie would zoom right by caddy's stats. I mean, seriously 69 carries? Thats a ridiculous amount of carries more for only 210 yards. Do you really think that ronnie wouldnt slaughter that number in 69 carries? We also havent taken into account the teams played and the offensive lines with the players but im fairly confident in the assumption that TB's OL is better than MIA's...okay im done throughing numbers around because it looks like a landslide in favor of ronnie and i wasnt even trying to skew the numbers....

what a shocker, cadillac sucks at catching and blocking and brown is great at both. things i've said for a LONG time. everyone just needs to listen to me from now on

kastofsna120 said:
what a shocker, cadillac sucks at catching and blocking and brown is great at both. things i've said for a LONG time. everyone just needs to listen to me from now on
What???? :sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol:

ronnie splits carries with a once upon a time pro bowler named ricky williams

caddilac can go eat crap.he won roty b4 the season started because of his nickname

Tar Phin said:
Ronnie YPC: 4.5
Carnell YPC: 4.1

Enough said! Ronnie would have more yards then Cadilac if he had just as much carries. If you go by the averages

Back
Top Bottom