So the owners care. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

So the owners care.

Amazing. They had a guy nearly die on the field this past season, and their response is more TNF, and trying to add even more games to the schedule. All 32 of them should have a special place in hell reserved for them.
I fail to understand how Damar Hamlin having cardiac arrest during a Monday Night football game has anything to do with adding more games to TNF. That being said, I don't think they should add more games to the schedule and Thursday Night Football needs to go away. Sunday and Monday are fine.

What sets me off now about Thurs Night Football is if I want to watch it, I have to get a subscription to Amazon prime.
Eventually, I'm sure the NFL will expand to other streaming services. So, am I going to miss my team's games (eventually) because I can't afford 6 streaming services?
And didn't they have one playoff game on a streaming service last year? I seem to remember it was a Dallas game, at night.
They have these crazy things near me called sports bars for those who can't get the game on at home. Check out the concept on Google. Incredible.

I fail to understand how Damar Hamlin having cardiac arrest during a Monday Night football game has anything to do with adding more games to TNF. That being said, I don't think they should add more games to the schedule and Thursday Night Football needs to go away. Sunday and Monday are fine.
Because now, more than ever, their focus should be on player safety, and it clearly isn’t. Most people agree that playing on a short week like that is dangerous.

Imagine doing this 2x in a season?

“That means the league is now permitted to schedule teams for Thursday night games after a previous Sunday game on two occasions during the season. Previously, a team could only play one game on Thursday night after playing Sunday.”

Horrible
I bet the new cba will knock this out, unless the owner pony up a lot more money.

They should really just extend the season. The demand for NFL football clearly exceeds the supply, and they’ve tried to capitalize on that by adding a 17th game and creating Thursday Night Football. But what the audience really wants is a longer football season.

They should really just extend the season. The demand for NFL football clearly exceeds the supply, and they’ve tried to capitalize on that by adding a 17th game and creating Thursday Night Football. But what the audience really wants is a longer football season.
A longer season is just gonna lead to “load management” from star players.

I bet the new cba will knock this out, unless the owner pony up a lot more money.
I doubt it players talk a great game about safety, but then will take the risk as long as they get more money. Players get paid off the cap, the cap is a % of overall revenue. The players talk a good game about safety just for PR and leverage on other things. In the end if the TNF model has the highest revenue they will opt to play them. The players want their money, just as bad as the owners.

Amazing. They had a guy nearly die on the field this past season, and their response is more TNF, and trying to add even more games to the schedule. All 32 of them should have a special place in hell reserved for them.

According to Goodell, there's no evidence to support increase of injuries on short weeks. :rolleyes:

What a jackhole.

It gets even worse, as the NFL wants to "flex" Thursday games now, too. That all sounds good and well, until you consider that fans have to make travel plans/arrangements months in advance yet would only get 15 days notice of the date/time change.

At least one owner (can't recall which one) is against the flex proposal for that very reason. He's like "what about out fans". LMFAO.

He's probably the only one that cares about the fans, or the players for that matter.

They should only have teams coming off a bye week play on Thursday.
I have said they should lower the preseason to 2 game and go to 18 games. Then add in a second bye week. With extra bye it would be easy to have those teams play Thursday. Then spread out some games. Have a 5 and 8 game on both Sunday and Monday night.

Back
Top Bottom