So what is the backup plan for Gase/FOto save his job | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

So what is the backup plan for Gase/FOto save his job

32 teams had a chance to draft Wilson in the first 2 rounds. They did not. Seattle did draft him at pick #75 in the 3rd round. So that means 32 teams passed him over at least two times and 1/3 of the teams passed on him 3 times. You can call that bad scouting by all 32 teams.
How come Miami scouts bad every year? How many good qbs now were missed?

"What are we going to do if our near-20-million-dollar man at the most important position isn't able to play?"

Lose a lot of games, probably. Like most other football teams. I just hope next time we don't waste 10 million on a QB with less accuracy than Tim Tebow to come help us with that.

starting numerous thread with the implicit goal of of agitating the members. It is one thing to have a negative opinion, but when you get fixated to a point that it is your only rhetoric then it becomes an issue.
This is the OP who in another thread said he's saving posts of "BIG" Tannehill and Gase supporters so that after next season he can throw it in their/our faces. Essentially he conceded that he's actually rooting against our HC, and our QB which means he's rooting against our team!

To commemorate this blatant disloyalty ominously cloaked in a threat, I have created this "Dramatic Re-enactment" lest we lose sight of where this obsessed one-trick pony poster's loyalty really lies.

tanchise big fans.jpg

This is the OP who in another thread said he's saving posts of "BIG" Tannehill and Gase supporters so that after next season he can throw it in their/our faces. Essentially he conceded that he's actually rooting against our HC, and our QB which means he's rooting against our team!

To commemorate this blatant disloyalty ominously cloaked in a threat, I have created this "Dramatic Re-enactment" lest we lose sight of where this obsessed one-trick pony poster's loyalty really lies.

View attachment 10589

Oh, I didn't see that. Well, we know why he's here, then.

If Tannehill/team regress from their 2016 form. He will likely draft a Q
Throwing for an avergage of 210 yards and 1.7 TDs is no comparison

Well big picture his TD% in that 8 game span was 5.5% which is Brady's career avg, .2% less than Manning avg, .5% better than Marino, .2% better than Brees. You get the idea, pretty much the only guy who blows everyone away is Rodgers who has a td% of 6.4.

Gases weakness is the issue here. IMO is he is a bit to ****ey for his own good. His decisions and his players, he just does not hold accountable enough. When a team is undiciplined like ours was this year, poor fundamentals thats on coaching. Basic stuff, the talent and play calling was there enough to make the playoffs. Timmons realized this right away which is why he told his Pitt team mates that he made a mistake signing with Miami.

Tannehill sucks but the team around him sucks just as much.

You start to turn this thing around by having good drafts. Some say our last 2 were better but anything is better than some of the ones before that.

This team needs to have a New Orleans Saints type of draft, that franchise scooped up a corner in Lattimore that's better than anything we've had at CB in 10 yrs and he's a rookie. Then they got Kamara who's a stud and would put Drakes ass on the bench so fast. And then they got solid starters in Williams and Ramczyk. Then the year before that they got Michael Thomas who is a real number 1 wr.

We should be drafting best player available every round for the next 3 years regardless of position or depth chart

I really like Miami last two drafts. They have improved in that area and they have room to grow. 11 QB's were drafted in 2012. Luck, Griffin, Tannehill, Weeden in the 1st round. Osweiller in the 2nd round #57. Cousins 4th round #102. Case Keenum went undrafted that year.

I think it's likely that Tannehill's knee will be fine. Quarterbacks seem to have a pretty good success rate coming back from leg injuries when they actually go and get the damn surgery.

Will it affect him mentally? I kind of doubt it, but we'll see.

Will he have rust to shake off when he comes back? Yes. I think that's a much more serious and valid concern right now.
This might be one time where the preseason will be a good time to play our starting qb

You're going to have to link that quote, because I don't remember that at all. I remember him saying that about Tannehill, but only in context of him being the first first-round QB drafted since Marino.

As for Gase and Shula, I have no idea why you're wasting your energy on me. That's Ross' opinion, not mine. If you want to argue that point, I'm sure you can mail Davie your thoughts on it.
http://www.miaminewtimes.com/news/l...-dolphins-owner-stephen-ross-has-said-8152826
http://www.miaminewtimes.com/news/l...-dolphins-owner-stephen-ross-has-said-8152826

If tannehill gets hurt again we’re taking a qb first round in 2019 no question. That should buy another year at least for this regime.

So by your thinking, the Colts should be getting ready to move on from Andrew Luck?
depends on what they get back medically, yes. How can you justify sitting on your hands, strangled by a player?

depends on what they get back medically, yes. How can you justify sitting on your hands, strangled by a player?

I think the contention here is that "not moving on from Luck and Tannehill" is not the same as "sitting on your hands and being strangled by a player."

Back
Top Bottom