So What's The "real Deal" With Adam Gase? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

So What's The "real Deal" With Adam Gase?

Why do I get the impression that your OP is a passive aggressive attack on Gase?

Anyway, first let's dispense with the fallacy that Philbin was not sold on THill. The only report of that was a bullshit statement by Philbin himself in a feeble attempt at revisionist history weeks after he was out of the building that he was all for drafting Carr. There's been absolutely no substantiation, corroboration or confirmation of this fairytale from anyone else close to the team. What we do know is that Philbin's malfeasance included nepotistically entrusting the Fins most valuable developing resource to his butt buddy's son in law, a neophyte with no experience tutoring QBs, let alone one with limited college game experience. He almost did Tannehill in, and probably would have if clueless Ross would have extended him again instead of entrusting THill tutelage to Gase.

Now on to Gase. Yes, he has said numerous times, without prompting that Tannehill was a major reason he selected the Phins. A few weeks ago he reaffirmed his confidence in Tannehill. The unspoken caveat I would think is his durability and related mobility. But why wouldn't he still be confident in Tannehill considering the taste he left in his mouth going 7-1 and putting up many Top 8-10 league metrics during that run once his system kicked in?

I perceive Gase as a "work in progress." He's got a lot to learn and had some failures of judgment - to me not the least of which is letting his old school father in law worm his way into the organization and whisper in his ear how The Saints used to do it 10 years ago. Relatedly, he has hired too many coaches and players he was familiar with who haven't previously set the world on fire. However, he did turn around a 6-10 team into an albeit weak playoff team. Who's to say that might not have recurred last season if Tannehill stayed healthy and continued to play like he did in the AZ game before Campbell's cheap shot took out his knee?

On the basis of what he did the first year, the reality that he lost a QB who looked like he was finally coming of age the 2nd year, the "jury" should definitely be predisposed but not totally sold on him as a HC. By comparison, after his first 2 futile years in Cleveland with no turnarounds nor playoff appearances, how do you think Browns fans felt about Belichik?

Vaark gets it.

Why do I get the impression that your OP is a passive aggressive attack on Gase?

If "passive aggressive = want to be sold but NOT sold -- count me in!

I perceive Gase as a "work in progress." He's got a lot to learn and had some failures of judgment - to me not the least of which is letting his old school father in law worm his way into the organization and whisper in his ear how The Saints used to do it 10 years ago. Relatedly, he has hired too many coaches and players he was familiar with who haven't previously set the world on fire. However, he did turn around a 6-10 team into an albeit weak playoff team.

Correct. Gase's "major achievement" is precisely as you described as an NFL Head Coach -- and I would add it's statistically LESS than Tony Sparano achieved in his Y1.
Perspective needs to be kept in perspective unless and until the bar is significantly moved forward IMO.

Lo and behold -- it's all about Y3!

No, he means passive aggressive as in you dont really believe a word you just wrote in your OP and listed a bunch of sarcastic crap just for the sake of stirring **** up...

If "passive aggressive = want to be sold but NOT sold -- count me in!

Correct. Gase's "major achievement" is precisely as you described as an NFL Head Coach -- and I would add it's statistically LESS than Tony Sparano achieved in his Y1.
Perspective needs to be kept in perspective unless and until the bar is significantly moved forward IMO.

Lo and behold -- it's all about Y3!

Difference between him and the Meatball is that Gase did not have the voice of a Hall Of Fame HC invested in his success for his own selfish reasons in his game time headphone the first season.

Difference between him and the Meatball is that Gase did not have the voice of a Hall Of Fame HC invested in his success for his own selfish reasons in his game time headphone the first season.

Pardon me sir -- but truth is "Meatball" sounds more than a tad racist?

As a % Sicilian Italian I take note of that.

Whatever you thought of Tony, I don't believe he deserves derogatory lang.

BNF.

No, he means passive aggressive as in you dont really believe a word you just wrote in your OP and listed a bunch of sarcastic crap just for the sake of stirring **** up...

Nice stuff!

Forgive the truth. Because it almost always hurts...

Easily the best coach we have had since Shula.

Will win several Super Bowls as head whether here or with another team.

We are lucky to have him.

100% the real deal.

Unreal.

I respect your opinion. But you totally FAILED to provide any testimonial (or otherwise) evidence of your opinion -- which essentially is the core question for Gase advocates.

So your "faith" is blind???

FYI -- feel free to BE SPECIFIC:

Adam Gase can design innovative and highly effective Offensive and/or Defensive solutions! (Rating scale = 1-10 et cetera etc. and so forth and so on...)

Adam Gase has demonstrated a keen eye for talent! He's an excellent talent evaluator!

Adam Gase also excels at developing talent! He's demonstrated the ability/capacity to get the MOST out of a players skill set and natural abilities!

Adam Gase is a big time motivator! His team has proven to respond POSITIVELY when he mashes the throttle to the floor!

Adam Gase is a game planning Ninja! His team clearly and often demonstrates superior strategic preparedness and "arrives at the game" with an obvious schematic advantage!

In addition, Adam Gase makes highly effective game day adjustments and consistently demonstrates excellent game management! We know his presence on the sideline is a my Yammie advantage!

In that light, Adam Gase makes great "chess moves" during the game and consistently finds a way to actively/effectively "COACH" at every stage of the game!

Adam Gase's superior preparation is evident by the fact his team gets off to a "good start" at the beginning of the game -- and after halftime adjustments!

Unreal.

I respect your opinion. But you totally FAILED to provide any testimonial (or otherwise) evidence of your opinion -- which essentially is the core question for Gase advocates.

So your "faith" is blind???

FYI -- feel free to BE SPECIFIC:

Adam Gase can design innovative and highly effective Offensive and/or Defensive solutions! (Rating scale = 1-10 et cetera etc. and so forth and so on...)

Adam Gase has demonstrated a keen eye for talent! He's an excellent talent evaluator!

Adam Gase also excels at developing talent! He's demonstrated the ability/capacity to get the MOST out of a players skill set and natural abilities!

Adam Gase is a big time motivator! His team has proven to respond POSITIVELY when he mashes the throttle to the floor!

Adam Gase is a game planning Ninja! His team clearly and often demonstrates superior strategic preparedness and "arrives at the game" with an obvious schematic advantage!

In addition, Adam Gase makes highly effective game day adjustments and consistently demonstrates excellent game management! We know his presence on the sideline is a my Yammie advantage!

In that light, Adam Gase makes great "chess moves" during the game and consistently finds a way to actively/effectively "COACH" at every stage of the game!

Adam Gase's superior preparation is evident by the fact his team gets off to a "good start" at the beginning of the game -- and after halftime adjustments!
Talk about smashing the bait...lol

Hyperbole is the norm around here. He did use some of the talking points people use to defend Gase.

The problem? We are going into year 3, and he hasn't proven anything.

Playoffs in year one. Without starting qb in year two and missed playoffs. Ok.

Unreal.

I didn't fail, I didn't even attempt that ****. I don't care nearly enough to partake in these inane discussions beyond offering a surface level thought.

Pardon me sir -- but truth is "Meatball" sounds more than a tad racist?

As a % Sicilian Italian I take note of that.

Whatever you thought of Tony, I don't believe he deserves derogatory lang.

BNF.
I didn't coin that name. That's what he was commonly called around here. But I notice that with the exception of Saban, all our HCs including him failed downward afterwards.. I believe he sunk to TE Coach at one point, Cam got fired from the LSU OC job, Philbin helped get Luck injured as the Colts OLC, Wanny failed at different jobs during his downward spiral and now is a talking head. The difference is that should Gase ever get let go, I expect there will be a large demand for him as an OC as he's not perceived as a clown like the others were.

I didn't fail, I didn't even attempt that ****. I don't care nearly enough to partake in these inane discussions beyond offering a surface level thought.

So, perhaps and consider, one may deduce all corresponding opinions are equally as shallow...

I didn't coin that name. That's what he was commonly called around here. But I notice that with the exception of Saban, all our HCs including him failed downward afterwards.. I believe he sunk to TE Coach at one point, Cam got fired from the LSU OC job, Philbin helped get Luck injured as the Colts OLC, Wanny failed at different jobs during his downward spiral and now is a talking head. The difference is that should Gase ever get let go, I expect there will be a large demand for him as an OC as he's not perceived as a clown like the others were.

OK. I get the cascading downward vortex theory BUT ------- WTF are you doing calling Tony Sparano a "meatball"?

Like the guy or not -- why get so obviously racially derogatory?

Back
Top Bottom