So where are the AJ haters now ?? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

So where are the AJ haters now ??

WCUgodsmacked13 said:
AJ was not worth a 2nd rounder in trade. i mean he could not even bump koy detmer off as a back-up. I agree that with work he could become a good or great QB, he looked really great on some of his throws, but we really over paid for him with a second round pick.

redundant, Reid said flat out in 2003 had McNabb gone out for an extended time AJ would have been the guy. Detmer was #2 so he could hold. But I am sure Reid lied. :rolleyes:

inFINSible said:
It's not time to call anyone out yet.

Trust me, when the time comes....I have a "buddy list" FULL of names which will be made public.

:evil:
meeeeeeee toooooooooo muahahahaha :lol:

korl68 said:
Make sure I am added to that list! :D

Are you going to call yourself out if the opposite hapens? :)
No, because most of us never said AJ WAS great, we all said that he needed more time to develop and has the potential while there were a million idiots calling for his head after 2 games. Those are the guys who will be called out, not the knowledgeable ones who know it takes more than one season to evaluate a first year starting QB.

BlueFin said:
When I use the word "critics", it refers to anyone who questions AJ's abilities to get the job done.

I also think if your being honest with yourself Saban was saying he wants to give AJ the "chance" to see if he can do all the things a good quarterback needs to do, indicating he DIDN'T do all those things last year.

I agree AJ gets first shot, but if you heard what Spielman said, which at this point I'm sure is nothing more than what Saban told him he could say he said we're going to bring in a free agent and a developmental prospect to "PUSH" AJ.

I really don't think you amd I are that different on this subject, I have stated all along AJ should get the first shot, but I would also like to see a young QB drafted as a backup plan in case he fails.

Well we dont see it much diff, we both agree AJ has to improve, he is no lock for being the "future", but where we differ is you see it (from my perception) from the perspective that AJ didnt show the ability, that he showed he wasnt the guy, but that he could possibly prove you wrong. I see it opposite. It also appears that some that said if Saban sees something in AJ that would be good enough for them, but they felt we who support AJ were wrong, now finding ways to say AJ isnt teh starter but he will be able to compete for it and criticizing us for supposedly interpreting what Saban said, all the while doing teh same thing themsleves by saying it will be an open competition.

It just appears like a last ditch effort to be right. If any side thinks the qb is locked in stone, they are wrong, IMO. But based on what Saban actually said, it seems clear to me it is not just AJ getting the chance to be #1, he is #1, but it will be up to him to keep it. There is a diff between that and a competition.

I'm probably on that "list" too. I still think we jumped the gun on him, over-reacted and give up too much for him.. I'm not saying he won't improve cuz from what he displayed last year I doubt it can get worse, especially with the new coaching staff. What made last year so bad in terms of me not approving of him was the fact that he never learned how to stop throwing picks returned for 6 against us. I mean as a QB don't you learn after the first couple of times?? I would think so. However, above all I am a Dolphin fan so if we win with him and he makes the throws he is supposed to make I'll be happy.

Being the starter in January has no corellation with being the starter in September. Obviously, he will get his chance, but anything can happen. Maybe we draft a QB, maybe we sign a free agent QB, or maybe we trade for a QB. Plus, this guy may fall apart in training camp and get totally outplayed, so nothing is secure. A lot can hapen over the course of the next couple of months, so let's not jump to conclusions.

As of right now my mind has not changed. Ive said it before and ill say it again AJ will be a good QB in this league im just not sure he can be as good as we need him to be to move forward with him. He's gettin his shot next year which he deserves and i hope he proves legions of us Fin fans wrong and does great for years to come. That being said i still think Saban will still draft a QB whether be at the #2 slot or later. I still believe he might take Rodgers at #2 or perhaps a project guy like Frye in the 3rd round or w/e.

TGall13 said:
Are you saying that you wouldn't give a second round pick for the next Marino?

No, what he was saying that given all the facts at the time of the trade, that we over-paid the Eagles for A.J.

Back
Top Bottom