So where are the AJ haters now ?? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

So where are the AJ haters now ??

BringBackShula said:
He may be a great football mind, but I know he hasn't seen as much AJ as I have or many fans have.

Oh, I bet he has, and from more angles than you have whether at the game or on TV or the jumbotron or whatever.

Bottom line is it's AJ's job to lose. Fair enough. I don't personally think he's the guy, but he'll get a legitimate shot.
What I love is Saban's approach of trying to also have a veteran and a young potential future-of-the-franchise qb in place to cover all angles. Guy's got an organized mind; I'll trust him to pick the starter on opening day!

rickeyrunsover said:
Yeah you are right about one part of your post - Nohing more needs to be said.

Actually, there is....
AJ won't last longer than David Woodley(may he rest in peace). And I liked Woodley.

My feeling on AJ Feeley is that he deserves to be the starter............for now. We will see how he adapts to a new offense again. but to suggest that AJ Feeley is somehow good is only pulled out from one game. New England. Aj Feeley threw more Ints for TD's than anyone i have seen in history. But i am a realist, i see things for what they were, and they were crappy from top to bottom (coaching to players).

Feeley is the starter, but if we get two qb's via free agency and draft, AJ better get his A game on every week or he wont be starting for the long haul.

Isn't it very possible, or at least somewhat possible that A.J. could perform much better in the new system that will be installed by Scott Linehan and being protected by an OL that will be coached by Hudson Houck, who many say is the premier OL coach in the game today?

i was a hater but now im an appreciator...

AJ showed me something playing thru all that pain, he showed me a desire to win, and he was glorious even in losing. AJ, your work will pay off buddy and ill be watching when you make out with that lombardi trophy next year.

stan marino said:
I would use the 2nd overall pick to draft the next Marino, but i wouldnt use a 2nd rounder to pluck a 3rd strig qb(with almost no game experience since high school) off another teams roster.
And just HOW do you know this 3rd string QB is NOT the next Marino? Every single time I hear that statement ("we overpaid for him NO MATTER HOW HE TURNS OUT") I wonder, what kind of thought process you went through... do you even realize how contradictory that statement is?

Regardless, just give the damn kid a chance... If we gave Fiedler 4 of the most miserable years in Dolphin history, why can't we give this guy one (ONE!) full season?

I have an idea.Maybe we shouldn't have any more threads on who should start at QB and we should just wait to see who will actually start.I suport AJ as much as I suport anyone playing for us but I don't think Saban is really sold on AJ at this time. Maybe he will be later but like sone of the people here said, he's gonna be on a short leash.

Ozzy rules!!

rafael said:
I don't think there was anybody who didn't assume that AJ would be the starter next season. Most people, including Saban, saw that AJ showed some ability, but is a long way from being deemed a franchise QB.
I think we should realize that in the NFL, there aren't that many guys who are really franchise QBs. And of those who are, how many have won a superbowl? How many have even gone?

MrClean said:
Isn't it very possible, or at least somewhat possible that A.J. could perform much better in the new system that will be installed by Scott Linehan and being protected by an OL that will be coached by Hudson Houck, who many say is the premier OL coach in the game today?
Stop now, thinking isn't appreciated much around here! :D

You are right on the money.
All of these threads claiming Feeley will never be good or that Feeley is the next David Woodley are hilarious.

There is no way to have evaluated Feeley to this point.

He hasn't been a starter long enough
He hasn't had a team around him
He did'nt have a clear system to even work in this year

He may work out and he may not.
We don't know and the coaches themselves don't know at this point.

That is why Saban is coming out and supporting the kid along with CYA by planning to bring in a vet along with a project.

Anyone claiming to know how good or bad AJ will end up being is talking out of his arse at this point because no one knows yet.

We'll see next year.

MrClean said:

Wait Clean are you implying the coaching and offense the Dolphins had last year was not good? Further are you implying that with a much better offense and coaching we could expect our offense to perform better than they did last year?

Come on now! :D

I dont like AJ. I dont think he is going to be good. Saban is going to give him the chance, cant fault him for that, Id do the same if I was coach. Hes not the future.

I knew a thread like this would of appeared sometime. I love it how people split everyone into 2 groups.. Feeley huggers and Feeley haters... Discrimination at its finest!

Saban felt that he could be the starter, or at least deserved the chance, which he does. However, I still don't think he's the answer. He's not moble and has trouble picking his throwing lanes.

Wildbill3 said:
I think we should realize that in the NFL, there aren't that many guys who are really franchise QBs. And of those who are, how many have won a superbowl? How many have even gone?
20 out of 39 Superbowls have been won by QB's drafted in the first round.

How many have gone?

Well, Marino went to one, Elway went to 5 overall, Kelly went to 4, Eason went to one..............that was just from the famous 83' draft.

Oh...Donovan McNabb is now going to one.

Back
Top Bottom