So where are the AJ haters now ?? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

So where are the AJ haters now ??

AJ is definitly gna start.

But Saban said he was gna get a vet and development prospect (ie young guy) thru FA and draft.

Sohe hasn't ruled out drafting a guy like Rodgers or Smith who could really be the future.

Addressing the media while attending the Senior Bowl, Saban said, "I think we have a young quarterback who definitely made some progress last year who we have to give an opportunity to in the future to see if this guy can elevate his play, leadership, ability to execute with consistency, taking care of the ball and do all the things that a good quarterback needs to so we can have success in the future.

"I think quarterback is a critical position. I feel that evaluation needs to be continued and is ongoing."

I truthfully don't see anywhere that Saban is stating that AJ is the unquestionable starter, I see that he plans on giving AJ the chance to see if he can improve his play, What do you suppose will happen if AJ does not improve.

Besides do you really expect Saban to come out and say AJ sucks and is going to be replaced(Like Dave did with Jay), then find out they can't find anybody better and have to fall back on AJ. I don't think that would go over to well with AJ.

I think the best option is to give AJ a chance but have somebody else in camp to at least compete and give them another option if AJ doesn't improve.

finjim said:
I took a TON of heat for supporting AJ, called idiot etc. This is a GENTLE payback. And I mean GENTLE.
I NEVER ridiculed anyone for supporting A.J. I took a lot of heat for merely saying I wasn't sold on him.

finjim said:
The savior of the franchise has said he is the unquestioned starter. One of the great football minds in the NFL see it, why can't you guys ??

:bravo:

Whats he supposed to say? The draft isn't here yet and whos available thats any better? Its going to be a long off season.........don't count your chickens..........

TGall13 said:
Are you saying that you wouldn't give a second round pick for the next Marino?

I would use the 2nd overall pick to draft the next Marino, but i wouldnt use a 2nd rounder to pluck a 3rd strig qb(with almost no game experience since high school) off another teams roster.

Right here, although I am not an AJ "hater" as much as I am a fan of drafting Aaron Rodgers. AJ didn't show me much last year and I keep hearing about how he got better as the season went on but 10 points against Cleveland? That's not a whole lot better. I would like to think our standards are higher than "he didn't throw any picks returned for TD's".

finjim said:
The savior of the franchise has said he is the unquestioned starter. One of the great football minds in the NFL see it, why can't you guys ??

He said the evaulation was ONGOING he did NOT whole heartedly endorse him as the future!

Please do not overreact.

The problem is ANYONE that dares to express a feeling that AJ MAY not be the future is labeled an AJ HATER. GET OVER IT!

Time will give ALL of us the correct answer. NO ONE else can see the future.

What a pathetic thread...

just let it go man...is it that important to you to be proved right on Feeley's value as a quarterback...

that you have to reach on something like this?

finjim said:

Pretty childish post, Saban never said "Unquestioned" and if you know anything about him you'll know that title really doesn't exist for a player.

He believes in always having competition and the best man will play.

I don't think anyone disputes that AJ Comes into camp number #1, after that we'll see what happens.

I personally think he'll get the first shot as starter under Saban, but he'll have to do a lot better than last year to keep that job.

AJ should be behind and improved Offensiveline and have a RB this Year that will take some pressure off him. I believe unlike dumbstache, Nick Saban will give Feeley the Majority of snaps in the offseason so he can learn the system. I believe he'll have a much better year. I wouldn't be suprised to see the whole team struggle some on the offensive side for the first 5 games. It is going to take awhile to learn a new system and just play without thinking.

finjim said:

He may be a great football mind, but I know he hasn't seen as much AJ as I have or many fans have. I don't care what you say...He wasn't there EVERYGAME in person and on TV for EVERY SNAP this year (just like I am for every year)...Just cause Saban wants to give him another chance (which is only cause we wasted our 2nd round pick) doesn't mean he's OFFICIALLY A GOOD QB. AND for the record, He never said anything about "UNQUESTIONED". He said he felt AJ showed enough to keep him and see some more.
I dont know why everybody's soo determined to be right or prove others wrong about this QB situation we have. To me, I don't feel good with AJ. But the fact is, he really hasn't played enough and hasn't played at all with a good unit up front protecting and an effective running game. So we don't know for sure...

IF you ask me, I'll start Sage from the 1st game...He's better.

Dphins said:
AJ should be behind and improved Offensiveline and have a RB this Year that will take some pressure off him. I believe unlike dumbstache, Nick Saban will give Feeley the Majority of snaps in the offseason so he can learn the system. I believe he'll have a much better year. I wouldn't be suprised to see the whole team struggle some on the offensive side for the first 5 games. It is going to take awhile to learn a new system and just play without thinking.
We all hope so.

But I think an open-minded person realizes that its not a given AJ is good at reading defenses, at seeing the field, at handling pressure and moving around in the pocket.

These are all things that are crucial to a championship quarterback, they are many of the things critics of AJ are concerned about.

He'll get the chance to prove what he didn't prove last year................that he is the "Unquestioned starter" for the future of this team.

finjim said:
I took a TON of heat for supporting AJ, called idiot etc. This is a GENTLE payback. And I mean GENTLE.
This subject is far from over, AJ still has to learn a new offense and prove himself Nobody knows what the outcome will be but there will be an honest evaluation no bias one way or the other.

MoeGoFins13 said:
AJ is not the answer. Nothing more need be said.

Yeah you are right about one part of your post - Nohing more needs to be said.

Back
Top Bottom