So where are the AJ haters now ?? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

So where are the AJ haters now ??

It's not time to call anyone out yet.

Trust me, when the time comes....I have a "buddy list" FULL of names which will be made public.

:evil:

BlueFin said:
We all hope so.

But I think an open-minded person realizes that its not a given AJ is good at reading defenses, at seeing the field, at handling pressure and moving around in the pocket.

These are all things that are crucial to a championship quarterback, they are many of the things critics of AJ are concerned about.

He'll get the chance to prove what he didn't prove last year................that he is the "Unquestioned starter" for the future of this team.

Critics? what critics? fans? Since when do fans determine players?

I agree AJ needs to improve, I also feel comfortable saying this as a fan as Saban said it himself. Based on that and Saban saying he feels AJ made progress says to me that the job is AJ's but AJ could play himself out of it, but it isnt a competition, it is AJ #1 until AJ plays out of it.

well the only reason hes starting is because ...who else will .....hes a joke

rickeyrunsover said:
Critics? what critics? fans? Since when do fans determine players?

I agree AJ needs to improve, I also feel comfortable saying this as a fan as Saban said it himself. Based on that and Saban saying he feels AJ made progress says to me that the job is AJ's but AJ could play himself out of it, but it isnt a competition, it is AJ #1 until AJ plays out of it.
When I use the word "critics", it refers to anyone who questions AJ's abilities to get the job done.

I also think if your being honest with yourself Saban was saying he wants to give AJ the "chance" to see if he can do all the things a good quarterback needs to do, indicating he DIDN'T do all those things last year.

I agree AJ gets first shot, but if you heard what Spielman said, which at this point I'm sure is nothing more than what Saban told him he could say he said we're going to bring in a free agent and a developmental prospect to "PUSH" AJ.

I really don't think you amd I are that different on this subject, I have stated all along AJ should get the first shot, but I would also like to see a young QB drafted as a backup plan in case he fails.

We'll see what happens come training camp.

He's the unquestioned starter of what we have right now... but with Jay and Sage probably not going to be here next season... that doesn't say much.

Correction: Because of a reporting error, The Palm Beach Post on Wednesday incorrectly attributed a quote to Miami Dolphins coach Nick Saban. The quote was from Dolphins General Manager Rick Spielman, who said on his ESPN 760-AM radio show that "A.J. (Feeley) will be the No. 1 guy, but we'll bring in guys to push him. He's going to have to prove his consistency and see how he adjusts to the new system and what we're going to do."

that was in the palm beach post just an fyi.. didn't feel like a new thread for it

We have a QB controversy already???
I think giving AJ another shot is the right thing to do. This past season was a joke from the onset. It was a long, painful season full of disappointment after disappointment (at least until ol' DW stepped out). I don't think AJ could have been properly judged after this year, I don't think the team in general could be properly judged. The fins went through a lot of turmoil Ricky, hurricanes, AJ/Jay rotating QB, injuries to key players, Wanny, etc. The team was in turmoil from the onset and unfortunately never got it together for the remainder of the year. Give AJ another shot and see what happens, he could develop into a great QB, he could fall on his face. We don't know yet. I'm sure Saben will have a backup in place is the latter were to occur.

stan marino said:
I'm not an "Aj hater" but we still got fleeced on that trade i dont care if hes the next Marino, he was not worth a 2nd rounder when we made that trade.

I respectfully disagree with this statement. If he played anywhere close to how Marino played this would go down in history as a steal. Based on the idea that "he wasn't worth a 2nd rounder when we made that trade", I guess that the only person that was worth the pick is a guy like Ben Roethlisberger because most all other rookie QB drafter in the 1st round either struggle in their first year or they don't play. Eli Manning went 1-6 as a starter. Was he a bust under this scenario?

AJ was not worth a 2nd rounder in trade. i mean he could not even bump koy detmer off as a back-up. I agree that with work he could become a good or great QB, he looked really great on some of his throws, but we really over paid for him with a second round pick.

You have to look at it this way...

1) Fiedler is gone due to his salary and history here. I don't think he even wants to be here any longer.
2) Sage, while he may have looked ok for the one game he played, must have not been able to do something well enough thru 3 years of NTs offense that showed he had what it takes. Even this year, with a well-respected QB coach, he couldn't unseat guys.
3) Sage is an UFA this year...he may very well be gone anyways.
4) AJ is here and we did pay what appears to be a high price for him, unless he does have a breakout year and becomes the next Marino (which, even tho I'm an AJ supporter, I don't think will happen...we have too many other holes to fill first).

So, I don't think Saban can say anything else but what he said...That AJ would be given an opportunity to improve and he would continue to be evaluated.

Now I am on record as saying that AJ did not get a fair opportunity, given his inexperience, the change in offensive philosophy from what he has know since his freshman year in college, and the poor play of the OL and RBs last year. I still feel that he can be a good enough QB to lead this team with better support. It's almost like we have to throw out last season due to the coaching circumstances and the poor OL play, RW leaving at the point in the offseason that he did, unusual amount of injuries that seemed to hit specific positions (RB and DT for example). Now not everyone feels that way...you may say that if he was going to be the next Marino, he should have shown that even this past year, but he is not the next Marino...to me, those type of QBs don't come along very often.

Saban's plan of acquiring a veteran QB and a prospect is the smart way to approach the season. If AJ completely fails during the season, then the veteran will be a stopgap and who knows how our "prospect" might do if given a shot as well. Either way, we need to accept as fans that we probably won't be going to the Super Bowl next year. We'll probably struggle to be 8-8 with all the holes we have to fill, but the bottom line is that IMHO, we will improve as a team, even if our record doesn't show it next year due to Saban, the rest of the coaches and the new players and schemes brought in...

stan marino said:
I'm not an "Aj hater" but we still got fleeced on that trade i dont care if hes the next Marino, he was not worth a 2nd rounder when we made that trade.

That makes no sense. I know others have tried to use that argument, but its just wrong. By definition, he was worth what someone was willing to pay for him. Whether they were willing to pay to much will only be determined over time.

inFINSible said:
It's not time to call anyone out yet.

Trust me, when the time comes....I have a "buddy list" FULL of names which will be made public.

:evil:

Make sure I am added to that list! :D

Are you going to call yourself out if the opposite hapens? :)

stan marino said:
Exactly... I'm an AJ supporter (if we're grouping everyone) but none the less, at the time of the trade a 2nd was to high for a 3rd string QB. A 3rd might even have been to high, but I could have lived with it.

FinFan013 said:
well the only reason hes starting is because ...who else will .....hes a joke

Yep cause you said so. wow you enlightened me. :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom