So who do you want to be our Kicker come week 1? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

So who do you want to be our Kicker come week 1?

Who is our Kicker for the Skins Game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I just had a left field thought. Is it crazy to consider Miami rolls with both Kickers on the roster? I really like Franks and I think that we can run with him, but keep Sturgis as initial backup. If after a few NFL games Franks is kicking consistently well, we let Sturgis go.
Interesting to note that Buffalo played 2 kickers last season. Jordan Gay for the kickoffs and Carpenter for the goalkicking.

Its a good idea but IMO it would be hard to give up that extra roster spot to keep both especially witj what happened to our secondary and OL last year I rather give the spot to someone who plays those positions

Does anyone think it's not right how a short FG is worth more than an XP?

Its always been this way. Is your idea to eliminate short fgs, the xtra point, or something else? Not trying to be argumentative, just curious about what you want to propose. I have heard some opt for the elimination of the xtra point and making it an automatic 7 pts of the td unless you risk one of those points in the 2 pt conversion.

anyone know how many games we won on a made fg or lost on a missed fg last year?

Its always been this way. Is your idea to eliminate short fgs, the xtra point, or something else? Not trying to be argumentative, just curious about what you want to propose. I have heard some opt for the elimination of the xtra point and making it an automatic 7 pts of the td unless you risk one of those points in the 2 pt conversion.

My idea, crazy as it sounds, would be to devalue FG's by distance. I know that sounds crazy. You have to admit that the league is stressing points, and TOUCHDOWNS. If 1-30 yards is worth 3, 31-45 2, and 45+ only 1, more teams would actually go for it on 4th down once they are inside the 35. I think it would be great to reward the D for not letting the opposing team cross the 40 yard line!

My idea, crazy as it sounds, would be to devalue FG's by distance. I know that sounds crazy. You have to admit that the league is stressing points, and TOUCHDOWNS. If 1-30 yards is worth 3, 31-45 2, and 45+ only 1, more teams would actually go for it on 4th down once they are inside the 35. I think it would be great to reward the D for not letting the opposing team cross the 40 yard line!
Wouldn't kicking a field goal from the 5 suck?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Josh Lambo will be kicking in the Pro Bowl in a couple years. We should defintely acquire him and sign him to a long term contract.

Should the Dolphins need to kick an extra point in the closing seconds for the tie and commit a holding or personal foul penalty, I have zero faith in Sturgis making the kick. They may as well go for the win.

Interesting, never really thought about changing FG's. But after a little thought, how about just making them worth 2 points maybe even 1 pt. Decreases their importance while still giving them significance ...

I am leaning (slightly) on Franks but I am not really certain.

Saw someone mention Kyle Brindza. Looks like he's going to the Bucs.

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 2m2 minutes ago

And Kicker news RT @FieldYates: As @RapSheet reported, the Bucs traded TE Tim Wright to the Lions. Detroit sent K Kyle Brindza in exchange

Another kicker traded:

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 7m7 minutes ago

The #Jaguars are trading longtime kicker Josh Scobee to the #Steelers. He’s been their kicker since 2004. Pitt had a K injury.

Another kicker traded:

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 7m7 minutes ago

The #Jaguars are trading longtime kicker Josh Scobee to the #Steelers. He’s been their kicker since 2004. Pitt had a K injury.

Josh Scobee after he found out he got traded to Pittsburgh

gif-happy-dance.gif

Saw someone mention Kyle Brindza. Looks like he's going to the Bucs.

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 2m2 minutes ago

And Kicker news RT @FieldYates: As @RapSheet reported, the Bucs traded TE Tim Wright to the Lions. Detroit sent K Kyle Brindza in exchange

Weird. Bucs just signed a kicker a week ago. Poor Tim Wright lol...isn't this the 2nd time that dude has been traded right before the season starts. Was he with the Bucs when they traded him to the Patriots and then the Pats released and he re-signed with the Bucs...note to Tim...don't re-sign with the Bucs next time.

Back
Top Bottom