Some Draft Thoughts After Looking at Some Early Mock Drafts | Page 62 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Some Draft Thoughts After Looking at Some Early Mock Drafts

I don't think you are solo on this.
I can see scenario where Derwin, Minkah & Chubb are gone- trade down #11 for #20s & #50s.
Now you have 4 picks in top 100.
At #20s: Options include: Andrews, Nelson, Ward, Payne. Really top tier players.

I think teams are gonna question Jackson’s long speed that’s why I’d say ward goes in front of him

If teams think ward can play outside and inside top 10 I think very possible

Andrews timed speed will determine where you have to go to get him.

20 is probably a comfortable #

He’d be a top 20 grade guy for me in any class

What’s gonna help Nelson is if that 6 foot 5 and 330 is legit he’s a monster. That’s about 20 lbs heavier than scherf when he came out

I only saw little of Jackson Iowa.
From what I saw he (they) played good amount of off coverage and he was good at driving towards the ball.
I'm not sure how he is in press.
1st Rd CB for me have to excel in press.

I only saw little of Jackson Iowa.
From what I saw he (they) played good amount of off coverage and he was good at driving towards the ball.
I'm not sure how he is in press.
1st Rd CB for me have to excel in press.

Yeah looks like a lot of soft coverage scheme wise

What’s not gonna help ward with the boundary stuff is if he’s 170 lbs.

Thought I saw something that said 167 or something. There’s no way I could project that size on tbe boundary

That has to be wrong. Tape is damn good

Take look at the Georgia kid Wynn and Hernandez. Both nice 2nd Rd picks immediate plug LG. Finally have nice set of guards with a decent backup in Larsen.

Didn’t Wynn play left tackle? He looked kind of sloppy to me body wise real time in the college play off but i didn’t really key him

Hernandez is someone I’ve heard a lot of good about gonna check that out

Quenton Nelson on tape to me doesn’t look like he’s gonna test top 10 worthy

Yep, the guys with good size and strength do really well at the college level, but those won't necessarily be advantages when you get to the NFL.

Yeah looks like a lot of soft coverage scheme wise

What’s not gonna help ward with the boundary stuff is if he’s 170 lbs.

Thought I saw something that said 167 or something. There’s no way I could project that size on tbe boundary

That has to be wrong. Tape is damn good
I think he is listed 5-10 185
Aren't many boundary CBs under 5'10
Best I could think is Grimes , but he was freakishly athletic.
Maybe Ward is better version of McCain. Similar build.

Can I please haz a Arden Key?

Please, no Dion Jordan comparisons - Key played in a real conference.

I've been going back and forth on this and I think It's in Miami's best interest to trade down and pick one of Elliott, Andrews, Evans and Reid.

Minkah Fitzpatrick is one of three can't miss guys, imo. Him, Barkley, and Chubb. If any of those three fall to the Fins, they had better be sprinting to the podium.

In retrospect, even though I wouldn’t be over the moon about the pick, Nelson should be in this category, too.

Saw Fitzpatrick mocked to us a few posts back, any chance that actually happens?

Can I please haz a Arden Key?

Please, no Dion Jordan comparisons - Key played in a real conference.

Versus a conference that has produced more current sack leaders in the NFL (2 in the top ten with another sitting at #11 versus 0)? I like Key, but not because of his conference. If anything, it's one position where conference doesn't appear to matter much at all.

Back
Top Bottom