Some Draft Thoughts After Looking at Some Early Mock Drafts | Page 60 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Some Draft Thoughts After Looking at Some Early Mock Drafts

This is a weak TE class, imo. I saw Hurst mocked to us in the second by Charlie Campbell from Walterfootball...Don't laugh, Charlie is like top 3 in pick accuracy. Last year I was mocked for predicting that Asiata could be had in the fifth, and that was purely from Charlie's mock.

If you're looking for a flex TE, grab Goedert in the third.

last year was the year for TE's...

Doesn't even look like the top prospects will break a 4.7 40 this year.

Ian Thomas from Indiana could be a good flex option, but I've seen him all over mocks, I don't have a good feel for what round he night be selected

Fitzpatrick or James somehow falling to us would be a dream scenario for me. Given the potential run on QBs in the top ten, it's not entirely out of the question.

If one player was to fall to us, the player I'd want is Chubb. I know is a dream but man we can use a real play making DE on this defense. Hard to believe 10 different teams(well 9 since the browns are there twice)passing on him. We need a video out there of him getting high or something like LT but man I'd love a D-line with Chubb-Suh-Phillips and whoever. It'd help the back 7 a lot

Ozzy rules!!

Tankathon’s latest mock draft is as follows. Round #1 Derwin James - Safety - Florida State. Round #2 Malik Jefferson - OLB - Texas. Round #3 Hilton Hill - CB - Texas. Talk about setting up the back 7 of a defense for at least the next 4 seasons, this current mock draft certainly would do that. Although Hilton Hill comes along with severe off field issues, he’s certainly super talented and could factor in as a starter early on, if he’s able to keep clean.

Tankathon’s latest mock draft is as follows. Round #1 Derwin James - Safety - Florida State. Round #2 Malik Jefferson - OLB - Texas. Round #3 Hilton Hill - CB - Texas. Talk about setting up the back 7 of a defense for at least the next 4 seasons, this current mock draft certainly would do that. Although Hilton Hill comes along with severe off field issues, he’s certainly super talented and could factor in as a starter early on, if he’s able to keep clean.
I like James but Malik has some issues too. Many question if his heart is really in it. A corner in the 3rd round makes no sense to me. If you're happy with Howard, Tank and Lippett then why draft one in the 3rd round when we already have those type of guys. If you're not happy then you might need one earlier.

Malik has the talent but not sure he's what we want. I'd rather go DE and TE at 42 and 73 if we get James at 11

Ozzy rules!!

p.s. He had Zero INT's and Zero PD in his senior year. This is not what a play maker does. I'm not sure he's the cover LB that we need

1/13/18: Jefferson totaled 110 tackles with 10 tackles for a loss and four sacks in 2017. He played hard for Texas and turned in his best season. Jefferson isn't great in pass coverage or at taking on blocks in the run game. He is at his best being a pursuit linebacker when running free.

Sources have said that teams are hearing that Jefferson doesn't have a deep love for football. That was illustrated in him not producing up to his great skill set early on in his collegiate career and in offseason training according to league contacts. Jefferson supposedly was unhappy with his role in the former staff's scheme, but that makes team sources question if Jefferson's work ethic will change when he has coaches going and coming as a pro.
Read more at http://walterfootball.com/draft2018ILB.php#xu8zs52r8gXsfAYq.99

Ozzy rules!!

Was not blown away by Malik Jefferson at all.
Would pass altogether. There are some really good players available at #41. Guys that will start 10 years in this league.

here's the latest mock by walter who I don't really trust but I'd be all over this if he's still on the board

image: http://walterfootball.com/images/fball/dolphinsb_logo.gif

Miami Dolphins: Minkah Fitzpatrick, S, Alabama
image: http://walterfootball.com/college/Alabama_logo.gif

Alabama_logo.gif

The Dolphins could use a safety upgrade next to Reshad Jones, plus could use help at corner. Thus, Fitzpatrick could be a fit for them.

Fitzpatrick totaled 60 tackles, one interception, eight passes broken up and a forced fumble in 2017. He played really well, doing everything that could be asked of a safety. Fitzpatrick is a superb center fielder, covering receivers deep downfield. He is also fast in pursuit, tackles well in space at the second level, can come down into the box, and is able to play man coverage against tight ends and slot receivers, plus help out his cornerbacks. The 6-foot-1, 203-pounder has excellent size and some natural cover skills. Sources have said that Fitzpatrick is a prototypical free safety for the NFL. They say he has good size, speed, athletic ability and high football I.Q. in a play-maker.

Read more at http://walterfootball.com/draft2018charlie.php#l32kvMHGEPAheSVu.99

Ozzy rules!!

Quenton Nelson on tape to me doesn’t look like he’s gonna test top 10 worthy

Back
Top Bottom