Some Draft Thoughts After Looking at Some Early Mock Drafts | Page 61 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Some Draft Thoughts After Looking at Some Early Mock Drafts

Whoa whoa whoa. Andrews at 11? Are we drinking early today? That's at least 30 picks too high

Awful lot of 2 point stance play with Marcus Davenport. Explosive kid lot of meat on the bone upside wise. More fluid at 6 foot 7 than you’d expect. Not as straight linish as that one clip I saw earlier Jerry posted.

Top 10 yeah I’m buying stock in it

Is he a 34 strong side backer or a 43 de? Height and hips says 43 de tape says 2 point stance

Where can I see some 3 point?

That’s easily outside of watching josh Allen rip it and baker mayfield take drops from under center the most interesting kid to watch at the senior bowl next week.

Last edited:
Quenton Nelson on tape to me doesn’t look like he’s gonna test top 10 worthy
Take look at the Georgia kid Wynn and Hernandez. Both nice 2nd Rd picks immediate plug LG. Finally have nice set of guards with a decent backup in Larsen.

Take look at the Georgia kid Wynn and Hernandez. Both nice 2nd Rd picks immediate plug LG. Finally have nice set of guards with a decent backup in Larsen.

Do you see a top 10 worthy athlete there? I think if he test like I think he’s going to he’s gonna be on the board at 11

I can see why he’s never been a college tackle convert to guard

You take a look at mark Andrews and tell me if I’m dreaming. I think the tape is excellent and I don’t care if the timed speed doesn’t say top 15 there

Whoa whoa whoa. Andrews at 11? Are we drinking early today? That's at least 30 picks too high
I was surprised to see the Andrews hype. I think people see Gronk because he is big, white and has good hands.
Personally I liked OJ Howard coming out better last year.

Do you see a top 10 worthy athlete there? I think if he test like I think he’s going to he’s gonna be on the board at 11

I can see why he’s never been a college tackle convert to guard

You take a look at mark Andrews and tell me if I’m dreaming. I think the tape is excellent and I don’t care if the timed speed doesn’t say top 15 there
Will take look a terrible more tape. I think some of the posters here aren't enthralled because he wasn't overally impressive in last couple games. We sometimes forget you can win with size and skill- not necesssarily speed.

I was surprised to see the Andrews hype. I think people see Gronk because he is big, white and has good hands.
Andrews is no where near the athlete of Gronk. Did you see the semi final? He couldn't get open against Georgia. Competition matters, nobody in his conference can play defense. When he finally played a team who can, he looked bad. He looks very sluggish when he runs

Will take look a terrible more tape. I think some of the posters here aren't enthralled because he wasn't overally impressive in last couple games. We sometimes forget you can win with size and skill- not necesssarily speed.

I don’t see how anyone takes any other tight end over him unless they are betting on upside

They sure aren’t betting on polish. Cause he’s tbe run away winner there

Ideal scheme fit. Glove fit id say

That kid Hayden hurst is nice too but it screams h back to me and I’m not in that market

I don’t see gronk at all he’s a monster. Andrews isn’t that but I think if you place the ball where you need to that kid will make a ton of plays

And I think tanny will do just that. Oj Howard was a stud no doubt but this isn’t the same class. I get that he went top 20 and I even had a top 10 grade on him but I’m looking for good football players that also fill needs I think mark Andrews is that

If I can trade to mid 20s and still pluck him of course that is ideal but if not I’d turn in that card

And I’m not afraid to fly solo on stuff like this

I don’t see gronk at all he’s a monster. Andrews isn’t that but I think if you place the ball where you need to that kid will make a ton of plays

And I think tanny will do just that. Oj Howard was a stud no doubt but this isn’t the same class. I get that he went top 20 and I even had a top 10 grade on him but I’m looking for good football players that also fill needs I think mark Andrews is that

If I can trade to mid 20s and still pluck him of course that is ideal but if not I’d turn in that card

And I’m not afraid to fly solo on stuff like this
I don't think you are solo on this.
I can see scenario where Derwin, Minkah & Chubb are gone- trade down #11 for #20s & #50s.
Now you have 4 picks in top 100.
At #20s: Options include: Andrews, Nelson, Ward, Payne. Really top tier players.

Minkah Fitzpatrick is one of three can't miss guys, imo. Him, Barkley, and Chubb. If any of those three fall to the Fins, they had better be sprinting to the podium.

I think it's a mistake to hold out for a clone of one of the best TEs in the history of the game (no, I don't think it's too early to say that and I despise him).

I like Andrews and would be all for him later, but at 11, I think we're getting more value with other players, particularly on defense.

Minkah Fitzpatrick is one of three can't miss guys, imo. Him, Barkley, and Chubb. If any of those three fall to the Fins, they had better be sprinting to the podium.

No James? (Note: I'm not an FSU homer, ASU fan. My terrible taste in teams isn't limited to the Phins).

No James? (Note: I'm not an FSU homer, ASU fan. My terrible taste in teams isn't limited to the Phins).

To be perfectly honest, I despise FSU to the point that I can't be unbiased about their players, and I don't watch them as much. From what I HAVE seen, I think he would be fantastic at 11...and the mock shown earlier actually has him picked ahead of Fitzpatrick. I just can't comment all that intelligently about him.

Oddly, though, while I hate Alabama as well, it's purely because of Saban. So I don't hate their players.

I have issues.

Back
Top Bottom