Some nuggets from WFAN radio in NYC | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Some nuggets from WFAN radio in NYC

Who knows where Francesa got his info? I was just making the point that Francesa is not some airhead on the radio when it comes to the Fins.

I am sure Chan Gailey has a game plan to block Suh and did not need the WFAN to help him out. LOL.
Of course he does but he isn't going to discuss it outside of the staff and players no matter how trivial the detail.

I'm not so sure about this.

I realize Mangini is an obvious possibility, and perhaps not the greatest choice. But let's wait and see who else might be available while [probably] Lazor gets an early shot to show his head coaching mettle. I do think Tannenbaum is well-connected and would be able to land a decent candidate, and yes, certainly better than what Ross would pull off on his own.

Why do people keep going here? He was a QB Coach and failed at OC...how does that earn him anything?

I was really hoping for the first half time firing in NFL history. I have loved the fins since 69 and I have never been so embarrassed by a teams effort

Yeah, no NFL executive talks to the media. Gimmie a break.

Wait...weren't you the one that said he was friends with Francesa and to put credence into what he was saying? So which is it?

Hayden Fox said:
Here is what is interesting about this. Mike Tannenbaum was very close to Francesa when he was with the Jets. I would not pass this off as hot air on the radio.

Why do people keep going here? He was a QB Coach and failed at OC...how does that earn him anything?

People keep going here because 1) he's the highest ranking coach not named Philbin or Coyle 2) He is liked by some Dolphins officials and 3) He seems to have some leadership skills

People keep going here because 1) he's the highest ranking coach not named Philbin or Coyle 2) He is liked by some Dolphins officials and 3) He seems to have some leadership skills

They can use him as a temp but unless he is unbelievable as temp coach he should be gone with the rest at the end. He has been horrible at best as OC this year.

Who really knows what happens behind closed doors, or on cell phones in private. We can only guess. But what we can see is a horrible product on the field. I'm really interested in who Tannanbaum is looking at for Joe's replacement. Tannenbaum will not be fired by Ross. This will be all the refresh we will get from Ross. And Tannenbaum will pick the new coach.

Were doomed. For a long, long time. My worst finz nightmare is upon us. This is what i hate, when peoples good pals are hired on that premise and not plain business. Don Shula and Tom Olividati come to mind. Olivadotti being allowed to hang on so long tarnished shulas career and cost him a lot of games and probably superbowl wins.

Ross will ride T-Bum right down the crapper. I cringe when i think about Francesca saying Eric Mangini (mangenious) "will be the next Don Shula".

The jet set is upon us.

Ross will tolerate more losses before a coaching change
1-5 maybe gone then 2-4 still hangs on...

650x366-1.jpg

Ross will tolerate more losses before a coaching change
1-5 maybe gone then 2-4 still hangs on...

650x366-1.jpg

Who knows. Sparano started out the 2011 season 0-7 and no change was made which was pretty lame by an owner socalledly concerned about winning.

If the Jets game is an embarassing show, I think Ross/T-Baum will probably hear out Philbins plan to fix the team and coaching staff over the bye week, out of respect for Joe since Ross genuinely likes him.
If they like what they hear, they'll probably let him do so and continue until the half-season mark. If he still has a losing record and more division losses by then, I seriously doubt Ross lets him finish the season, too much talent on the roster to let it simmer for 16 games.

LMAO of course Philbin would tell the best player on the team and one of the best players in the league not to do something that has helped him be dominant. I remember Crowder saying freelancing is a normal thing, especially with the great players like Seau.

This team stupid team man...

:bobdole:

People here thought Tannenbaum could not nail down a deal for Suh.

This is what I want: From Tannenbaum, to a GM, to HC, to other executives….all with the same vision on the same page.
Suh explicitly said he came here because the Dolphins offered the most money.

Suh explicitly said he came here because the Dolphins offered the most money.

Its like people praising someone for being able to pull the hottest chics when they are the owner of Amazon.

If the Jets game is an embarassing show, I think Ross/T-Baum will probably hear out Philbins plan to fix the team and coaching staff over the bye week, out of respect for Joe since Ross genuinely likes him.
If they like what they hear, they'll probably let him do so and continue until the half-season mark. If he still has a losing record and more division losses by then, I seriously doubt Ross lets him finish the season, too much talent on the roster to let it simmer for 16 games.

I hope Ross can see that although there is some talent on the roster, most of the holes on the team were made by Philbin getting rid of talented players!

Back
Top Bottom