Some nuggets from WFAN radio in NYC | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Some nuggets from WFAN radio in NYC

Francesa and Tannenbaum are close. This isn't breaking news. Francesa is also close friends with Parcells.

Was good friends with Parcells. Word out there, they both had a falling out a while back, Francesa even talked about it on his show or in a interview, if I remember right.

Did anyone hear Omar Kelly on Big O's show today? I hate Big O and Omar, also I am aware of the rep he has around here, but I just happened to have 560 on in the car... They were speculating on future coaches and Big O mentioned Alonzo Highsmith as a good candidate. Omar quickly responded that the Dolphins will never hire him because he is black, and the Dolphins never considered Todd Bowles as a coach because he is black.

What a friggen tool this guy is.

I'd prefer listening to kangaroos having sex over what the **** that asswipe has to say about anything.

Did anyone hear Omar Kelly on Big O's show today? I hate Big O and Omar, also I am aware of the rep he has around here, but I just happened to have 560 on in the car... They were speculating on future coaches and Big O mentioned Alonzo Highsmith as a good candidate. Omar quickly responded that the Dolphins will never hire him because he is black, and the Dolphins never considered Todd Bowles as a coach because he is black.

What a friggen tool this guy is.
Omar's an idiot and plays the race card every chance he gets...and Big O is another idiot for suggesting Alonzo Highsmith as a coach. Highsmith isn't a coach, he's the Senior Personnel Executive for the Green Bay Packers...a scout. Highsmith as a GM would make sense, as a coach is absurd. Might as well say Dan Marino should be the next coach (and no he shouldn't).

Omar's an idiot and plays the race card every chance he gets...and Big O is another idiot for suggesting Alonzo Highsmith as a coach. Highsmith isn't a coach, he's the Senior Personnel Executive for the Green Bay Packers...a scout. Highsmith as a GM would make sense, as a coach is absurd. Might as well say Dan Marino should be the next coach (and no he shouldn't).

I heard it, O didn't say Highsmith for coach, he said GM. Get the q-tips out of your ears.

Another reason why Tannenbaum needs to go. If he's sharing information with a radio head in New York he needs to be fired before Philbin.

Not for nothing, but this is part of the game. All the GM's and coaches have "insiders" the leak information to. It's a give and take type of thing, just as they share information to them, the "insiders" feed information to them. There are lots of off the record type stuff that is not passed to the public but passed around "insiders" and FO folks.

That was part of Ireland's issue, he was just an ass and gave nobody anything, which he got nothing back.

Why would a member of any staff staff announce to the world any part of a game plan prior to it being executed?

what game plan? Do we ever have one?
And as much as we know they will let Suh freelance on special teams or offense. You know that multi-headed monster, the secret weapon. :lol:

I just don't understand the tannenbaum hate other than he was w/ us.

Would Tannenbaum scare away a top coaching candidate though? Would Tannenbaum be able to assure a new coach that he will back off and just seal deals if they can land a big fish to replace Philbin?

I think Tannebaum is the least of our worries of scaring HCs away. I am not sure that any HC would want to come in and try to coach a team who is snotty and arrogant and has no fire in them, no desire to win. If you are a good HC that is the best way to screw up your good name and if you are a new HC a good way to stop your career in a heartbeat.

Funny I feel like Mangini won't be the coach. His 49ers D has looked terrible. I know they have lost lots of talent but man it looks bad. Who knows, maybe I'm wrong. Not sure who I'd want right now.

Funny I feel like Mangini won't be the coach. His 49ers D has looked terrible. I know they have lost lots of talent but man it looks bad. Who knows, maybe I'm wrong. Not sure who I'd want right now.

Another name with connections to Tannebaum would be Brian Schottenheimer.

Back
Top Bottom