Some of you guys are pathetic | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Some of you guys are pathetic

of course he had the right. but why? that's the question. what good could possibly come out of it? coming to a 1-15 team that is in desperate need of a positive dynamic, why ignore your best player? because he was dancing on a show that he signed up for before parcells got here?

this whole thing is getting to the point where i just want to say "parcells started it" and go pull the pig tails of the girl i like. gotta love childish football.
I think you missed my point Bob. BP is sending a message to the team. By doing this to the best player he's telling everybody that no one player is greater than the team. Be dedicated or be gone. Miami has developed a culture of losing over the years. BP is trying to change that. If he lets JT get away with it, other players will want to get away with it. By not trading JT for next to nothing he's telling the rest of the NFL that we will not be taken advantage of anymore. Remember JT was a member of a 1-15 team. We can lose with him, but we can win without him. JT is just used to getting his way. This tantrum he is throwing shows he has gotten soft over the years. That's not what we need. BP has brought in a positive dynamic already. The players he's brought in are from winning teams. They have a completely different attitude than the players that were let go. BP is looking at the big picture. In the long run what he is doing now is best for the team.

Nobody's situation is like JT's, esp not your mom's radiology job. And what exception am I making to fit my arguement? Tell me.

He is worth more to us being a leader for our young guys, but he doesn't want to be here. So he can either help his situation, making others see what a productive member he can be on a team, or he can go on tour.

And you don't know about football, if you just think we should release JT, bc he wants to. That is f'in ridiculous.

Dude, your blanket statement that "Nobody's situation is like JT's" is an exception. But I didn't say his situation is like anybody else's, I'm saying anybody else in a similar situation would do the same thing JT's doing, just in an everyday version. It's not in his contract that he has to be a "team leader" or that he has to "help the situation", all that is on good faith, and always has been. I don't get why you guys think he's obliged to help the team here. Yes, it would be NICE of him if he did, but if he's not happy here, and the FO are being jerks to him, then why would he? Would you? I'm not getting off of this comparison to everyone else until I see legit reasons why his employment is different than anyone else's. I want good reasons, not just because he makes millions of dollars. A lot of people are holding JT to a higher standard that they hold themselves to, and they are criticizing him for not meeting those standards, and that's why we have hypocrites on this board.

I still don't get why you think his acknowledgment of his possible career after football is hurting the situation that much. He's old in football years, other teams don't need him to point that out to them. Sure they'll question his devotion to football, but if he really didn't want to play, he'd retire and avoid all of this, but obviously he wants to play still. It's not that hard to see.

And don't put words in my mouth. I said if management doesn't like how he's going about his business, they CAN release him. If they won't then they have to live with the decision. If he's going to be detrimental to the team by causing a distraction, that's the managements decision to keep that situation there to be a distraction. Look at the Bengals. Chad Johnson has been obnoxious about his situation and is causing about as big of a disruption as we've seen from a player wanting out. The Bengals won't trade him, that's their decision, they gotta live with it. They know he's going to be a distraction, but if they're turning down offers to send him out, then that's their decision. I guess them, like the Dolphins, can start fining the player, but I dunno how that goes. I'm sure there's a lot of counters that the players association can do on the player's behalf.

Dude, your blanket statement that "Nobody's situation is like JT's" is an exception. But I didn't say his situation is like anybody else's, I'm saying anybody else in a similar situation would do the same thing JT's doing, just in an everyday version. It's not in his contract that he has to be a "team leader" or that he has to "help the situation", all that is on good faith, and always has been. I don't get why you guys think he's obliged to help the team here. Yes, it would be NICE of him if he did, but if he's not happy here, and the FO are being jerks to him, then why would he? Would you? I'm not getting off of this comparison to everyone else until I see legit reasons why his employment is different than anyone else's. I want good reasons, not just because he makes millions of dollars. A lot of people are holding JT to a higher standard that they hold themselves to, and they are criticizing him for not meeting those standards, and that's why we have hypocrites on this board.

And don't put words in my mouth. I said if management doesn't like how he's going about his business, they CAN release him. If they won't then they have to live with the decision. If he's going to be detrimental to the team by causing a distraction, that's the managements decision to keep that situation there to be a distraction. Look at the Bengals. Chad Johnson has been obnoxious about his situation and is causing about as big of a disruption as we've seen from a player wanting out. The Bengals won't trade him, that's their decision, they gotta live with it. They know he's going to be a distraction, but if they're turning down offers to send him out, then that's their decision. I guess them, like the Dolphins, can start fining the player, but I dunno how that goes. I'm sure there's a lot of counters that the players association can do on the player's behalf.

Um....he's obliged to be there bc he is part of the team and under contract. If he doesn't like it, he can either complain and get fined (which is the direction he is leading), or he can suck it up and play until a team finds he is the missing piece, and trade for him. Then both sides get what they want.

And if you like comparing everyones job to his...well then....if my boss doesnt like me, I still have to show up for work.

JT will start being fined bc nobody will give close what we are asking for. So soon enough CJ situation = JT situation.

How am I a hypocrite, I don't know. But I do know, I would not be looking for an outside of football job, if I was still interested in playing football.

The way I see it. If we could have gotten a 2nd for him in the draft, fantastic... .. if we could have gotten a 3rd and a 4th, I may have even considered it as Godfrey was still on the board in the early 3rd round.... Anything less and I would keep him... which is what we did.

I have never dissed him for Dancing with the Stars... I could care less... The only reason I wanted to get rid of him was so he COULD chase that Super Bowl ring somewhere.... and so we could get younger and get some talent that will be here when we are ready to make a run at the playoffs, which he will likely not be.

Love JT... just a crappy situation for everyone.

And if you like comparing everyones job to his...well then....if my boss doesnt like me, I still have to show up for work.

It's not only a question of your boss not liking you, it's if you don't like where you work, which is what JT's feeling. If you don't like your work, you can quit, something JT can't do. He can only retire, but that's still not the same, so that's actually a plus for everyone else and a minus for football players. Or you can cause a ruckus until your fired. In JT's case, released, and that seems to be something he might be intending to do, and it's up to management if they wanna keep him around and continue to deal with the drama, trade him, or fire (release) him. But I'm not saying he's doing this yet. Come training camp, if he's not reporting, then that's when he is. We're still not there yet.

How am I a hypocrite, I don't know. But I do know, I would not be looking for an outside of football job, if I was still interested in playing football.

I guess your not a hypocrite if quitting or trying to get fired was honestly not an option in your head. But in reality, it is an option if you don't like where you work.

And who knows what you'd be doing if you saw your football career coming to an end and a couple of opportunities in the entertainment industry in front of you.

It's not only a question of your boss not liking you, it's if you don't like where you work, which is what JT's feeling. If you don't like your work, you can quit, something JT can't do. He can only retire, but that's still not the same, so that's actually a plus for everyone else and a minus for football players. Or you can cause a ruckus until your fired. In JT's case, released, and that seems to be something he might be intending to do, and it's up to management if they wanna keep him around and continue to deal with the drama, trade him, or fire (release) him. But I'm not saying he's doing this yet. Come training camp, if he's not reporting, then that's when he is. We're still not there yet.

I guess your not a hypocrite if quitting or trying to get fired was honestly not an option in your head. But in reality, it is an option.

And who knows what you'd be doing if you saw your football career coming to an end and a couple of opportunities in the entertainment industry in front of you.

I think you need to check the definition of the word Hypocrite.

He can quit, if he's unhappy he should. Trying to get fired AKA released...is not an option bc the FO will not go for that. The FO believes he is worth something, and they want asking price, or they will fine him if he doesnt show. But how does that make me a hypocrite? Bc you think I'd be looking at my career beyond football?

If I still wanted to play football, I would still concern myself in football. Would I think about being the new Morning Show anchor? Maybe, but I'd let my agent set things up AFTER my career was over. That does not make me a hypocrite, bc I'd still want to play and I would concern myself with playing first, acting 2nd after retirement.

And JT can retire at any time, and go in search of his wonderful Hollywood career. But the new FO is not going to show the rest of the team that if you cry enough, we'll give you what you want...Again, stop blaming the FO for just not releasing him. If you think he is such a great player, you'd know how ridiculous it is.

I think you missed my point Bob. BP is sending a message to the team. By doing this to the best player he's telling everybody that no one player is greater than the team. Be dedicated or be gone. Miami has developed a culture of losing over the years. BP is trying to change that. If he lets JT get away with it, other players will want to get away with it. By not trading JT for next to nothing he's telling the rest of the NFL that we will not be taken advantage of anymore. Remember JT was a member of a 1-15 team. We can lose with him, but we can win without him. JT is just used to getting his way. This tantrum he is throwing shows he has gotten soft over the years. That's not what we need. BP has brought in a positive dynamic already. The players he's brought in are from winning teams. They have a completely different attitude than the players that were let go. BP is looking at the big picture. In the long run what he is doing now is best for the team.

no, i got it. while i get what you are saying, i just don't agree. you make it sound like parcells has a master plan with what has gone on, but i don't see that. if you are right, great. i would love to see something positive come out of this. but positive dynamic? is that why the players are seemingly on the JT bandwagon? and players that were brought in? like starks?

i want you to be right. i want there to be a silver lining. i don't see it yet though.

I think you need to check the definition of the word Hypocrite.

He can quit, if he's unhappy he should. Trying to get fired AKA released...is not an option bc the FO will not go for that. The FO believes he is worth something, and they want asking price, or they will fine him if he doesnt show. But how does that make me a hypocrite? Bc you think I'd be looking at my career beyond football?

If I still wanted to play football, I would still concern myself in football. Would I think about being the new Morning Show anchor? Maybe, but I'd let my agent set things up AFTER my career was over. That does not make me a hypocrite, bc I'd still want to play and I would concern myself with playing first, acting 2nd after retirement.

And JT can retire at any time, and go in search of his wonderful Hollywood career. But the new FO is not going to show the rest of the team that if you cry enough, we'll give you what you want...Again, stop blaming the FO for just not releasing him. If you think he is such a great player, you'd know how ridiculous it is.

This is my last post and I'm done. This is my point that you are not getting. He's doing the same thing that any of us would do. You're right in that the system that he's in isn't the same as everyone else's. It's unfortunate for him that he doesn't have the maneuverability that we do, so he's gotta work around some things. If we don't like a place we work, we can quit. We don't have to retire, we can quit and keep doing what we do for someone else. JT can't, unless he goes out of the NFL, then that's another discussion, but the rest of us don't necessarily have to take a significant step back like he'd have to do to keep playing if he retired.

And STOP SAYING I'M BLAMING THE FO FOR NOT RELEASING HIM. I'm talking to a brick wall here, I swear.
From earlier...
And don't put words in my mouth. I said if management doesn't like how he's going about his business, they CAN release him. If they won't then they have to live with the decision. If he's going to be detrimental to the team by causing a distraction, that's the managements decision to keep that situation there to be a distraction. Look at the Bengals. Chad Johnson has been obnoxious about his situation and is causing about as big of a disruption as we've seen from a player wanting out. The Bengals won't trade him, that's their decision, they gotta live with it. They know he's going to be a distraction, but if they're turning down offers to send him out, then that's their decision. I guess them, like the Dolphins, can start fining the player, but I dunno how that goes. I'm sure there's a lot of counters that the players association can do on the player's behalf...

Now if you think they should keep his distraction around just so they can make money, then I'd question your knowledge of football. You don't keep distractions around just because you can fine them. Fines aren't done to make money, they are done to deter players from holding out. The distraction's going to hurt more than the money his fines bring in is going to help. I'm not blaming anybody, JT or the FO. Whatever they choose will have consequences they'll have to live with. That's it.

This is my last post and I'm done. This is my point that you are not getting. He's doing the same thing that any of us would do. You're right in that the system that he's in isn't the same as everyone else's. It's unfortunate for him that he doesn't have the maneuverability that we do, so he's gotta work around some things. If we don't like a place we work, we can quit. We don't have to retire, we can quit and keep doing what we do for someone else. JT can't, unless he goes out of the NFL, then that's another discussion, but the rest of us don't necessarily have to take a significant step back like he'd have to do to keep playing if he retired.

And STOP SAYING I'M BLAMING THE FO FOR NOT RELEASING HIM. I'm talking to a brick wall here, I swear.
From earlier...
And don't put words in my mouth. I said if management doesn't like how he's going about his business, they CAN release him. If they won't then they have to live with the decision. If he's going to be detrimental to the team by causing a distraction, that's the managements decision to keep that situation there to be a distraction. Look at the Bengals. Chad Johnson has been obnoxious about his situation and is causing about as big of a disruption as we've seen from a player wanting out. The Bengals won't trade him, that's their decision, they gotta live with it. They know he's going to be a distraction, but if they're turning down offers to send him out, then that's their decision. I guess them, like the Dolphins, can start fining the player, but I dunno how that goes. I'm sure there's a lot of counters that the players association can do on the player's behalf...

Now if you think they should keep his distraction around just so they can make money, then I'd question your knowledge of football. You don't keep distractions around just because you can fine them. Fines aren't done to make money, they are done to deter players from holding out. The distraction's going to hurt more than the money his fines bring in is going to help. I'm not blaming anybody, JT or the FO. Whatever they choose will have consequences they'll have to live with. That's it.

Well since that was your last post...forget it. I would tell you that it is NOT what everyone would do. You don't know what everyone else would do. Imagine someone who is not a primadonna, thats mind is set on football and not hollywood...would he do the same as JT????? NO

And if you dont blame the FO for not releasing him, you sure bring it up enough. You say it in every post.

JT will only effect the team negatively, if he does show for camp and causes a disruption in the locker room. If he cries to the media all day and doesn't show for camp, we will be much less of a distraction.

I dont post too much here but enjoy reading everyones comments and thoughts. That being said, some of you are very sad. Why is there so much hate towards Jason Taylor? You guys are so quick to make fun of the guy and dislike him. He has done so much for this team and it's fans over the past decade. He is/was the face of the defense along with Zach Thomas and gave 110% all of the time. And now everyone forgets that because of Dancing with the Stars and the fact he wants to be on a team that has a chance to win a Super Bowl ring? Can you blame him at all? It's the same thing Zach wants. It's the same thing any athlete wants that gives 100% all the time and knows the end is near. If Miami had a chance to go to the playoffs and wasnt consistently on the decline the last 6 years, Taylor would not want to be traded. I think the haters and so called fans need to reevaluate the currant situation and look at it through Jason's eyes. He's a great player and person and deserves a shot to play in the Super Bowl.

Football is the quintessential "team sport". Taylor's self serving, self aggrandizing, desertion of his team in it's most desperate of times is an abomination and I can't wait to be rid of the scum.

And what about his wife and children?????????????????????????????

He almost lost his marriage just a year or so ago.

Is this how he works on keeping his family together?? by leaving his wife to care for the children for months while he goes to Hollywood to go dancing.

I guarantee you, this not the kind of thing his pastor or marriage counsellor advised him to indulge in when they were in their sessions.

Taylor is a BAD teammate, a BAD husband, a Bad father, and a soon to be bad B movie actor.

Back
Top Bottom