Some random thoughts about next year's draft... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Some random thoughts about next year's draft...

Man after watching us collapse, mainly because of the games hill and waddle missed at the end, I definitely would put we up there hard to win with 1 reciever, nobody fears are other recievers

Man after watching us collapse, mainly because of the games hill and waddle missed at the end, I definitely would put we up there hard to win with 1 reciever, nobody fears are other recievers
That is the problem when your passing game is more reliant on the WR's than the QB to make plays.

Tua NEEDS quality pass catching options to perform at a high level so if they go down or under perform you are in trouble.

Not a knock on Tua, he is what he is, there are only ever going to be a few QB's who carry their team and Miami(like pretty much the rest of the League)have not got one.

Your goal can be to get the next Brady or Mahomes(good luck with that)or build the best team you can around the guy you have.

As for WR help the team needs a big jump ball, red zone guy to balance things but they have so few picks and arguably bigger needs at OL and DL so it will be hard to add a Day 1-2 WR this year.

Maybe a cheap vet FA can be picked up.

I’m coming over to the dark side. I can see just accepting that the D will be average and loading up on more weapons.

He was good for miami last year and you know it
30 catches and 2 TD's in 17 games.

His 2 catches a game and a TD every 8.5 games was not missed.

Better than what the got from Berrios* though, and he cost about 900K more. :oops:

* His kick returning was OK, nothing special but not bad.

That is the problem when your passing game is more reliant on the WR's than the QB to make plays.

Tua NEEDS quality pass catching options to perform at a high level so if they go down or under perform you are in trouble.

Not a knock on Tua, he is what he is, there are only ever going to be a few QB's who carry their team and Miami(like pretty much the rest of the League)have not got one.

Your goal can be to get the next Brady or Mahomes(good luck with that)or build the best team you can around the guy you have.

As for WR help the team needs a big jump ball, red zone guy to balance things but they have so few picks and arguably bigger needs at OL and DL so it will be hard to add a Day 1-2 WR this year.

Maybe a cheap vet FA can be picked up.
Or you draft JJ McCarthy if he's still sitting there and let him sit and learn for a year or two.

Or you draft JJ McCarthy if he's still sitting there and let him sit and learn for a year or two.
You can't do that if you sign Tua long term, you can't burn a 1st rounder on backup QB.

And if you don't keep Tua then the kid can't sit and learn for a year or two.

I can't see them looking at QB this year.

I would really like to see the team get a power back in the middle rounds, unless they think Chris Brooks is the guy for that.
Audric Estime from Notre Dame would fit as a late 3rd-4th round guy.

5-11 227 unofficially.

Braelon Allen from Wisconsin is an absolute load, 6-2 245 unofficially. 4th round for him probably.

The trouble is Miami has no 3rd or 4th round pick to use on guys like them.

Audric Estime from Notre Dame would fit as a late 3rd-4th round guy.

5-11 227 unofficially.

Braelon Allen from Wisconsin is an absolute load, 6-2 245 unofficially. 4th round for him probably.

The trouble is Miami has no 3rd or 4th round pick to use on guys like them.

Benson is the guy.

This is sort of where I’m at. Colson and Allen are very important for my quest for physicality. I could be talked into not drafting an OT with our first pick.

Attachments

• IMG_9466.png
    IMG_9466.png
    99 KB · Views: 16
Back
Top Bottom