Some random thoughts about next year's draft... | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Some random thoughts about next year's draft...

Benson is the guy.
But he is unlikely to be a viable target for Miami.

He is likely a 3rd rounder and the Fins don't have a 3rd or a 4th right now.

Maybe they trade back in R1 or R2 and get a pick in his area but they are not going to take a RB on R2.

But he is unlikely to be a viable target for Miami.

He is likely a 3rd rounder and the Fins don't have a 3rd or a 4th right now.

Maybe they trade back in R1 or R2 and get a pick in his area but they are not going to take a RB on R2.

Think he's comfortably in the 41-75 range, and people are just late to the party. 220 lb RB's with his juice and skills go pretty early.

Well... we'll draft no lower than 22 now, and will move up if either Philly or Buffalo lose tomorrow.

I think this could put us in position for Mims... or Fuaga.

Fautanu or Trice are more likely... or Coleman if we are thinking X WR.

I certainly didn't enjoy seeing our season collapse, but we're going to get a better player than most thought.

I don’t see how the BPA at Miami’s spot in round one is not an OT.

I don’t see how the BPA at Miami’s spot in round one is not an OT.
At least one of Mims/Morgan/Fautanu/Barton should be there. Probably more than one.

Morgan is a great fit for their blocking scheme as is Barton(who can play any position and might be a C in the NFL).

Fautanu has some thinking he is more of a G than an OT but I think he can play LT in Miami with it not being Tua's blind side.

Mims would be great but he is the most likely to shoot up boards after they get a look at him at The Combine.

My guy has been Jordan Morgan for a while and I would be very happy with him in R1.

I've been on OT since the end of last year's draft. Armstead is not the long-term answer and we have an easy out at the end of next year.
Some have pointed to Lamm, but let's be honest, he's a journeyman and he's average at best.
I suppose that we could wait til round 2, but does anyone really want the 9th or 10th best OT in the draft when we are clearly a passing team with a small QB?

I could see us trading down 10 or 15 spots if there are several OTs left that we like somewhat equally, but that requires an offer.

OL/C is a need. TA is injury prone, so another LT/RT is much needed.
DE/OLB is a massive need due to the injuries we have with Phillips and Chubb, and to a lesser extent AVG.
WR may be a need, depending on if TH follws through with his retirement plans after next season.
CB is a need.
I think Miami will fill 2 spots via FA and 2 via draft.

So... #21.

Higher than expected thanks to some upsets.

...and it may lead to us getting an unexpected player to drop (Mims?)... or give us that much more value in a trade down.

According to the trade value chart the #21 is worth a high #2 and a high #3.

Mims might be in range now but I feel he will impress at The Combine and probably move back out of range.

Back
Top Bottom