Some surprising attendance figures I read... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Some surprising attendance figures I read...

T-ROCK

Antagonist...
Reaction score
and the results did surprise me...

are Dolphins fans really not supporting the team as other team's fans support theirs???

Seems we support our team in greater numbers than most other teams fans do...

Read the View...

Yeah, we have one of the bigger stadiums in the NFL..Like 3rd biggest, I think? Yeah, it's kind of a weak knock. The Raiders hardly ever sell out, yet they're considered one of the most dedicated fanbases. Why? Because they dress up like mimes in bondage.

I wonder what the Bills fans will have to say about this. Our average attendance is a lot better and we fill up a higher percentage of our stadium than they do.

Originally posted by T-ROCK

are Dolphins fans really not supporting the team as other team's fans support theirs???

Read the View...

There was never a doubt in my mind that we have excellent support down here. The only seats which are usually left are some upper corner seats.

I always have to laugh about the myth that we do not support the team especially when it comes from out of towners. Season ticket sales usually are between 56,000 and 60,000 and the remaining tickets usually sell in time. Even the so called non-sellout game against the Ravens (playoffs 2001) and Colts (playoffs 2000) were sell outs...just not in time for the local blackout to be lifted.

Very interesting...I think Ricky had a lot to do with last year's numbers, I'd be interested to see what the pervious years were like..Hopefully, Seau and Knight plus Ricky's play from last year up those numbers this year.

Ya.. but how big a part does "winning" play into it.. I know we have some great fans down here.. but if the Dolphins were ever to struggle through a 3-13 campaign, I doubt the attendance would be any good.. Just look at the Marlins... They might as well be playing in an empty stadium...

EDIT:

Texans Reliant Stadium 69,500 69,915 100.60
How is this possible?

It just irked me when I read those results and thought back to how fans of other teams say that Dolphin fans don't support them... Those numbers are butts in seats... and ours a pretty high... Maybe if we had a stadium that only held 65,000 or less, like many on that list, every game would be a 100% sell-out...

TRock, what's the URL to the bills fan message board?

Don't forget Ricky being #2 in merchandise sales and Zach was still top 20. Miami has national appeal. I remember going to the Bills game in 95 against Miami and being surprised at the number of phin fans in the stadium.

www.buffalorange.com Big one.

Good rap, T-Rock. Just proved a lot of myths to be false (Buffalo, Oakland, Steelers). To be fair, the Bears didn't have "home games" this year. They played hours away in Champagne at the U of Illinois. Speaking off....early reports are that the new renovations to Soldier Field SUCK.

Also, look at the Colts and Packers. Both over 101%. People just can't wait to get in there.

and if you go to the upper right corner, you can visit my Bills salary cap page (needs updating though) ;)

Thanks guys, I've just sign out for Billszone and I'm laughing already at some the posts..Ill ease my way into the conversation.

Originally posted by T-ROCK

Read the View...

Good info T-Rock.

I will say one thing though. We may have good attendance BUT we do have the lowest % of diehard fans that attend. Just watching any game on TV or while you attend and notice the amount of empty seats through the 1st quarter and after the 3rd quarter. A majority of our fans show up way late and leave after the 3rd quarter only concerned with getting out in front of traffic.
Boggles my mind why they even bother to leave the house.

After the 3rd quarter you virtually have the pick of any lower level seat you want. It is pathetic. Watch games from other teams that are known to have good fan bases and you'll be hard pressed to find empty seats with any time left in the game..... I mean within reason.... as long as it's not a blow out.
This is why Fin fans have a LONG way to go in supporting the team IMO.

It is changing though. If us diehards keep reproducing little Fin fans, we'll have a full stadium of ravenous fin fans in the coming years!

So in closing..... Throw out your Trojans Fin fans and get to work!
We have a stadium to fill! :D

Back
Top Bottom