Some surprising attendance figures I read... | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Some surprising attendance figures I read...

Originally posted by deathdisco

Dude you need to get your facts straight about Boston, you make it sound like its some major city which it isnt, I lived there for 7 years, on Boylston behind Fenway park, off Mass Ave and on Newbury street. Fact 1 there isnt a 100 clubs in all of Boston period, Im not sure what you consider a club, but have you ever been to South Beach??? What clubs are there a few on Landsdown street, I think 5 clubs all owned by the Lions brothers (yes i got friends who still work at them) then you have a few more around the city, not worth a **** either, there are a plenty of bars in boston but nothing great. There is only 2 sports bar's in all of Boston to watch football games, how sad is that. One is Champions in the Marriott hotel, which I used to go religously with other miami dolphin fans and the other is Allston Sports Bar, which I used to live next to which was the worse sports bar I have ever been to.

Now Boston is cool, I loved the city lots to do and very clean. But it isnt the be all of places.

I will agree patriot fans are loyal to there team, but that is only recently, until parcels coached foxboro was empty. Not that the fans didnt care, but for one foxboro was a terrible stadium and 2 the team was just horrible and only a one two lane road to get in and out, yeah sure its 25 miles from boston, but too bad it took 3 hours to get out of the parking lot, its just a horrible place to see a game, oh yeah there was a train you can take, the patriot express which 11am and left the stadium 20 mins after the game, and the old days you had to run to the train, 1 to not get trampled from people running to there cars or to make sure you got on the damn train so you didnt get stuck in foxboro.

Anyways what Im saying is some of your arguement was a bit exagerated.

Great post, I also lived in Boston for a while on Mass Ave. - the Church Park apartments, and I used to walk to Champion's to watch the Fins games. There would usually be about 10 Fins fans there every weekend and the place was swamped because there is nowhere else to watch a game in the city.

I liked the city but the number of clubs restaurants etc. does not compare to Miami. And I was close to Newbury, Landsdowne, and Cambridge

Two other points - the bars close way too early in Boston, here in Miami the clubs close at 4AM and then there are after hours clubs till 7AM, and the winters sucks, not just the weather - people stay at home when the weather is bad.

Back
Top Bottom