Some surprising attendance figures I read... | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Some surprising attendance figures I read...

The stadium was already 98% season ticket holders @foxboro. so an additional 8k people or so got seats when they built the new stadium. I am not pulling this out of my ***.

here it is from the official site

http://www.newenglandpatriots.com/team/Personal.sps?playerid=547&playertype=4&bhcp=1

"...Once again, every Patriots game sold out prior to the start of the season. By the end of the 2002 regular season, the Patriots will have extended their consecutive sellout streak to 92 games, including preseason and postseason games. For purposes of comparison, consider that the Patriots have approximately 50,000 fans on their season ticket waiting list, nearing twice the number of season ticket holders (28,954) in 1993.

Originally posted by DNY
Seriously does no one remember the empty seats in playoff games versus Indy and the Ravens???? While other teams playoff tickets disappear in a matter of hours upon sale, we have to scratch and claw to sell out. Like I said it's great that the fans are there but I see no reason that's puts them above most other teams fans.

I'm not sure of the # but I think something like 16,000 season ticket holders didn't but Ravens playoff tickets that year... I can't imagine having season tickets at Pro Player and not going to the playoff games...

Please feel free to correct me if I am wrong...

Well, if they are anything like the Bucs.... there is no verification or deposit to be on the list. Any kid can put their name on to crank up the numbers. I wonder if other teams are the same.

I go to games in Miami whenever I can.... lengthy trip from Tampa. I just think many Phin fans are scattered throughout florida. Orlando used to be jam packed with Miami Fans. Most up there seem to have jumped the TB bandwagon the last year or two.

50$ per seat is the required deposit for Patriots tickets. I have been on the waiting list for 2 years. I had about 7-8 years to go, at least.

Re: here it is from the official site

Originally posted by ethand420
http://www.newenglandpatriots.com/team/Personal.sps?playerid=547&playertype=4&bhcp=1

"...Once again, every Patriots game sold out prior to the start of the season. By the end of the 2002 regular season, the Patriots will have extended their consecutive sellout streak to 92 games, including preseason and postseason games. For purposes of comparison, consider that the Patriots have approximately 50,000 fans on their season ticket waiting list, nearing twice the number of season ticket holders (28,954) in 1993.

Not one of the other links you provided proved anything. Why didn't you pull this one out to begin with? If you had to spend a lot of time trying to find it, sorry. But ya gotta bring it, when ya fling it!

Like I said, I believe the Pats have EXCELLENT Fans, but I stand by the facts that any and every one who likes the Pats would give 50 bucks for a chance to not Attend the Greatest Technological institute, or Especially the one of the Greatest Hospitals.....on Sundays. Or to take a day off from the dreaded barrier reef.

In Miami there is some of the best fishing in the world, you have 20 clubs down one street. There are sports bars everywhere. You have one of the top ten beaches in the world, and IMO it's not even the best one. You have Lots of outdoor attractions. There's the Fla. Keys not far away, you have Ft. Lauderdale not far away. you have an influx of NY'ers, and people all over the States (other teams fans) come here to live, work, or retire. And you have a very large Latin community, which hurt for years, but will soon be the reason that Miami's attendance will be on the rise. There are lots of older Latin fans in their 40's but the number is growing by the minute with their youth.

On the real, I'm sure there are a few nice things to do in NE, but most likely not one of them (with clothes on of course) could top going to a football game on a Sunday.

So with all the facts provided in this thread, it seems to me that both NE, and Miami made a mistake. One teams stadium is too big, and the other too small. By about 6,000- 10,000 each way.

signed season ticket holder,

I'm sorry you can't see the obvious: the patriots have between 50 & 60,000 on their waiting list.

Several of these articles are dated within the past year, AFTER the opening of the stadium.

Why is it so hard for you to believe this? Because Miami has difficulty sellingo out before the games are blacked out?

Because I could move to Miami tomorrow and score season tickets?

You just don't want to admit that you are wrong. Do a little research and you'll see that I am right.

Do you want a signed letter from the Krafts before you admit that the patriots do in fact have a very long waiting list?

Our average attendance is greater than the Patriots, meaning more Dolphins fans park their butts in Pro Player every season than do Patriots fans in Gillette...

Maybe you should have built a bigger stadium...

Also, I have been to Boston many times, and there's nothing else to do during football season, no wonder chowda heads flock to footbal games... They get a chance to see the Dolhins every season...

Originally posted by ethand420
I'm sorry you can't see the obvious: the patriots have between 50 & 60,000 on their waiting list.

Several of these articles are dated within the past year, AFTER the opening of the stadium.

Why is it so hard for you to believe this? Because Miami has difficulty sellingo out before the games are blacked out?

Because I could move to Miami tomorrow and score season tickets?

You just don't want to admit that you are wrong. Do a little research and you'll see that I am right.

Do you want a signed letter from the Krafts before you admit that the patriots do in fact have a very long waiting list?

Not one of them articles stated anything of proof! Only the one I posted, which was one of ten you posted.

Don't go telling my I can't see the obvious, because that's BS! They all hinted to me that the NEW STADIUM would be sold out for the coming year, after their SB victory. And if you re-read them and cannot see how they look....???

Actually I want to see Krafts books, because I believe he is full of it. Am i saying their is no waiting list? No! Am i saying the numbers are stretched? Ummmm YES!

Your the one who came here trying to change the question on this thread.To suit your patriotic needs I guess? But the bottom line is Miami sat more BUTTS in the Seats......

Hey you going to the Biological Technological Institute Today? If you are I was wondering could you get me some literature on their latest project.
:rolleyes:

I can still remember Andrew Sciciliano (sp) on the Tony Bruno morning extravaganza saying that Miami was one of the worst sports towns in America the week of Dolphins/Ravens playoff game...

I bought 4 tickets that day and drove over 600 miles to see the game....

Months later I would look up stadium capacity in Cleveland (andrew's team) and find that it seats 15,000 less than Miami....

Punk !

Originally posted by Ozzy

That's because NO ONE TRANSPLANTS to NE!!!! They TRANSPLANT to Miami!!! And of course other Cities with actual INTEREST'S!!

Please don't tell us there are 60,000 people on the waiting list in NE, I'm not buying that BS, unless there is proof, solid proof too. Not insights from some Drag Racing magazine........

And like I've always said NE pretty much has Sports, and THAT's IT!!! Unless you get off on fishing the outer banks! :rolleyes:

LOL, your kidding right? Foxboro stadium is only about 25 minutes from Boston with no traffic. Now what are you going to tell me Boston is back woods?......LMAO! Ummm yeah ok. I dont need a magazine to know about the place I live here. Miami has the beach and bars we have all that and way much more, nice try though. Desperation is something else eh' ?

And yes I go to Florida every year to vacation like most northeners. Most people there I bet are from the north so what does that make Miami? Yes like you said a city of transplants. Who the hell is really from there, LMAO? LOL! I also visit the islands and any other warm place during the winter. Your missing the point though. We are talking football not weather and beaches bro. Now your going to tell me there is nothing in Philly, NY, Washington, Boston, Chicago....C'mon man. Your sounding like an *** thats desperatley trying to make a point. Boston most likely has more bars, clubs and pubs then Miami crammed into 1 square mile my friend, lol. Any work there? Can you take on a real life there? Raise kids there? What else besides getting drunk? Any other damn teams there besides the Dolphins that count?
Just though I'd drop some facts while you were "off" the subject of football. Any how the point is if Foxboro had a 70,000+ stadium it will still be sold out. The Patriots fan base is truly a "New England" fan base. We are talking fans from Rhode Island, Massachusetts,New Hampshire, Conneticut, Maine, Vermont. No way you can get in that joint with so may people waiting in the wings. Boston is 25 minutes away and not far from the Celtics and Bruins at the Fleet Center. Go Visit the 100+ clubs and bars outside the stadium or over in the North End(little Italy), Beacon Hill, Financial District and in the summer not far from Fenway Park Lansdown street for the clubs, bars and the Red Sox. You can go up the street to the rest of the frickin 100+ Bars and clubs on Boylston and Newbury streets or go up Mass ave a few blocks away over the bridge into Cambridge to go to about another 100+ bars on Mass Ave. Hmmm bored, well then head to Saugus, Revere, Somerville or Quincy to another who knows how many bars, pubs and clubs within cab, Subway or walking distance..LMAO. Get my drift?

Last edited by a moderator:
We all love Florida here in Boston my man without a doubt. Im there 2 times a year on vacation but your argument was totaly ridiculous. You obviously have never been to Boston and no nothing about Boston.

Back
Top Bottom