Some surprising attendance figures I read... | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Some surprising attendance figures I read...

Originally posted by Oliver

Dolphin home games always sell-out they just do nto sell-out before the TV blackout deadline.

The same way they attend the games, alot of them go there to boo the Dolphins though.

Oliver...

I've never seen this~? Been there a long long time too.

Patriots Gillette Stadium 68,000 68,436 100.60%

100% Attendence... go figure.

The Dolphins definitely have legit fans...

However, their should be another column in this study: size of waiting list.

The Patriots waiting list is approximately 60,000 -- only the Packers have a longer waiting list as of last year.

Patriots tickets are more expensive than Dolphins tickets, and yet still, we could easily sell out your stadium in minutes.

ethand,
The Dolphins don't have a waiting list for season tickets. I think season ticket packages are still available for this year and the Dolphins also offer 4 game packages and tickets to individual games.

Originally posted by DNY
Many of those games sell out because TV buys the tickets.

The Stadium was built about 5,000 seats too many. But your only talking about playoff games here. The vast majority of regular season games have been a sell out since 96.

And I'll tell you what, I have 7 seats, and did you know that if you want your seats for the playoffs you had to purchase them by a certain date, AND you had to buy THREE GAMES worth!!! AND the tickets were double the money!!!! Thats $80 x 7 = $560 x 3 = $1,680 !!!!!

Low and behold, they stop this as of LAST YEAR, the first year they miss the playoffs in years, and I was only out 560, which went towards this years seats.

THE STADIUM IS BUILT JUST A LITTLE TOO BIG!!

Originally posted by DNY
Seriously does no one remember the empty seats in playoff games versus Indy and the Ravens???? While other teams playoff tickets disappear in a matter of hours upon sale, we have to scratch and claw to sell out. Like I said it's great that the fans are there but I see no reason that's puts them above most other teams fans.

This is totally untrue! I was there for both of them games and it was packed. Now some people arrived later than they should have, but they got there, and you also have to take into the facts that a lot of people use bathrooms, get drinks, and some of them, as a matter of fact a whole lot of them go inside and watch from the shady halls, on the TV.

I do agree that they should not be put above other teams fans, but that goes both ways......

Originally posted by baalworship
The places that get the most respect for having rabid fans are generally in colder cities. Look at San Diego and Arizona. Terrible football cities. You should be glad that your team wins games and puts people in the stands. But I doubt any warm city will get a reputation for having hardcore fans. The Raiders are the exception but they don't have an allegiance to a city since Al Davis keeps moving them around.

Green Bay, Buffalo, Cleveland, Pittsburgh. These are places where on Sundays you know there's a football game going on.

The Raiders have got to have the worst attendance of all teams!

But I surely agree with you on the cold weather teams, and I include that there is nothing else going on there either. Except going to bars (clubs), which they can just go to afterwards!

I have to hand it to them though, because they will go thru hell and highwater just to get there!

Originally posted by baalworship
Attendance goes down when your team sucks? That's Impossible! Don't worry about us. We will sell out every game this year.

As for comparing fans, measuring best fans is subjective. Since we're both fans of rival teams, we will make zero headway in this discussion. I can say that you're attempting to measure fans in a way that doesn't account for what your football team lacks. Heart.

Yeah we saw all that "HEART" your Team had for four straight years when you were SUPPOSED to be THE BEST TEAM in all of FOOTBALL!!! Shhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Originally posted by ethand420
Patriots Gillette Stadium 68,000 68,436 100.60%

100% Attendence... go figure.

The Dolphins definitely have legit fans...

However, their should be another column in this study: size of waiting list.

The Patriots waiting list is approximately 60,000 -- only the Packers have a longer waiting list as of last year.

Patriots tickets are more expensive than Dolphins tickets, and yet still, we could easily sell out your stadium in minutes.

That's because NO ONE TRANSPLANTS to NE!!!! They TRANSPLANT to Miami!!! And of course other Cities with actual INTEREST'S!!

Please don't tell us there are 60,000 people on the waiting list in NE, I'm not buying that BS, unless there is proof, solid proof too. Not insights from some Drag Racing magazine........

And like I've always said NE pretty much has Sports, and THAT's IT!!! Unless you get off on fishing the outer banks! :rolleyes:

http://buffalo.bizjournals.com/buffalo/stories/2003/01/27/editorial2.html

Read that Article.. it's from a journalist , not some random Patriots fan. Unless of course you think he is just making it up!

Do a search for 'patriots season ticket waiting list' and you will see countless newspaper articles as well as fans in the know say the same thing.

As for their being nothing in New England other than sports.. try the best colleges and hospitals in the country.

How about one being one of the largest technology sectors in the world?

Originally posted by ethand420
http://buffalo.bizjournals.com/buffalo/stories/2003/01/27/editorial2.html

Read that Article.. it's from a journalist , not some random Patriots fan. Unless of course you think he is just making it up!

Do a search for 'patriots season ticket waiting list' and you will see countless newspaper articles as well as fans in the know say the same thing.

As for their being nothing in New England other than sports.. try the best colleges and hospitals in the country.

How about one being one of the largest technology sectors in the world?

OMG!!! LMFAO!! Like I said theres absolutely nothing to do! FOR FUN!!!!!!!!!!

I still think your FOS!

Re: here are more links

Here's the freaking quote from the very article you sent me!

"The team said it has a paid waiting list of more than 50,000 fans who want to buy season ticket packages for the new stadium, which so far has hosted only soccer games and concerts."

Now you tell me WTF it says there are 60,000 people WAITING FOR SEATS NOW!!!!!

Heres what it said in the other one!!!!

The team did not milk its season-ticket waiting list, which contains almost 50,000 paid ($50 deposit) names. CMGI Field will have almost exactly the same capacity as Foxboro Stadium: 60,000.

WHERE DOES IT SAY IT!!!!

There is absoluety no doubt in my mind that Patriot fans are Excellent, there is also no doubt in my mind that a lot of it is because there is nothing to do in NE..... FOR FUN! Not as much as there is in a warmer City.

But according to your articles all that is, is a waiting list FOR SEATS AT THE NEW STADIUM. Not a waiting list for seats to open up because the Seats are taken.

If this were so true, there is no way in He77 they would have only made the stadium 60,000 seats alone...........

Either prove your points clearer or don't make them. Not when your trying to elevate your team above this boards team.

Leaving a link for us to read from freaking May of 2002!!!!

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Don't take me too serious because I really don't care about life in NE, I'm sorry....maybe it's just me :D

Last edited by a moderator:
right here, from Peter King's article...

"The team did not milk its season-ticket waiting list, which contains almost 50,000 paid ($50 deposit) names. CMGI Field will have almost exactly the same capacity as Foxboro Stadium: 60,000. "

keep in mind this was a year ago.. I can assure you the list is growing not shrinking.

This should kill 2 birds with one stone.. They didn't build a stadium to seat 100,000 or so due to traffic restraints on route 1. It was already bad enough @ the old stadium, no reason to make it worse.

The list is closer to 60,000 now, I am not making this up. WHy is this so hard to believe?

Back
Top Bottom