Some surprising attendance figures I read... | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Some surprising attendance figures I read...

Thanks Wiggy, excellent reply...

I posted 10 articles (some dated the first day of the season last year after tickets HAD LONG since been assigned) all stating the patriots had between 50 & 60,000 people on their waiting list.

Since none of them are dated today, Ozzy is claiming that their is no proof that the list is that long today. LIke everyone just dropped off of it. And then he claims is Bob Kraft lying... lol.

Sure Miami sold more seats last year than the patriots did last year for the sole fact that they have more seats. In my opinion though, the fact the patriots sell out in minutes, always pack a full house, and have a very long waiting list pretty much trumps how many seats Miami sells in their bigger stadium. We both know the Patriots would EASILY sell out their stadium. In fact I think we could sell out 1 and 1/2 of their stadiums. lol. Miami has great fans and is a great city, but to say their is nothing to do in Boston is just ridiculous. Nowhere in any of my posts did I ever ridicule the city of Miami, etc.. Admit your wrong, Ozzy.

Originally posted by WiGGy
And yes I go to Florida every year to vacation like most northeners. Most people there I bet are from the north so what does that make Miami? Yes like you said a city of transplants. Who the hell is really from there, LMAO? LOL! I also visit the islands and any other warm place during the winter. Your missing the point though. We are talking football not weather and beaches bro. Now your going to tell me there is nothing in Philly, NY, Washington, Boston, Chicago....C'mon man. Your sounding like an *** thats desperatley trying to make a point. Boston most likely has more bars, clubs and pubs then Miami crammed into 1 square mile my friend, lol. Any work there? Can you take on a real life there? Raise kids there? What else besides getting drunk? Any other damn teams there besides the Dolphins that count?
Just though I'd drop some facts while you were "off" the subject of football. Any how the point is if Foxboro had a 70,000+ stadium it will still be sold out. The Patriots fan base is truly a "New England" fan base. We are talking fans from Rhode Island, Massachusetts,New Hampshire, Conneticut, Maine, Vermont. No way you can get in that joint with so may people waiting in the wings. Boston is 25 minutes away and not far from the Celtics and Bruins at the Fleet Center. Go Visit the 100+ clubs and bars outside the stadium or over in the North End(little Italy), Beacon Hill, Financial District and in the summer not far from Fenway Park Lansdown street for the clubs, bars and the Red Sox. You can go up the street to the rest of the frickin 100+ Bars and clubs on Boylston and Newbury streets or go up Mass ave a few blocks away over the bridge into Cambridge to go to about another 100+ bars on Mass Ave. Hmmm bored, well then head to Saugus, Revere, Somerville or Quincy to another who knows how many bars, pubs and clubs within cab, Subway or walking distance..LMAO. Get my drift?

Dude you need to get your facts straight about Boston, you make it sound like its some major city which it isnt, I lived there for 7 years, on Boylston behind Fenway park, off Mass Ave and on Newbury street. Fact 1 there isnt a 100 clubs in all of Boston period, Im not sure what you consider a club, but have you ever been to South Beach??? What clubs are there a few on Landsdown street, I think 5 clubs all owned by the Lions brothers (yes i got friends who still work at them) then you have a few more around the city, not worth a **** either, there are a plenty of bars in boston but nothing great. There is only 2 sports bar's in all of Boston to watch football games, how sad is that. One is Champions in the Marriott hotel, which I used to go religously with other miami dolphin fans and the other is Allston Sports Bar, which I used to live next to which was the worse sports bar I have ever been to.

Now Boston is cool, I loved the city lots to do and very clean. But it isnt the be all of places.

I will agree patriot fans are loyal to there team, but that is only recently, until parcels coached foxboro was empty. Not that the fans didnt care, but for one foxboro was a terrible stadium and 2 the team was just horrible and only a one two lane road to get in and out, yeah sure its 25 miles from boston, but too bad it took 3 hours to get out of the parking lot, its just a horrible place to see a game, oh yeah there was a train you can take, the patriot express which 11am and left the stadium 20 mins after the game, and the old days you had to run to the train, 1 to not get trampled from people running to there cars or to make sure you got on the damn train so you didnt get stuck in foxboro.

Anyways what Im saying is some of your arguement was a bit exagerated.

We all love Florida here in Boston my man without a doubt. Im there 2 times a year on vacation but your argument was totaly ridiculous. You obviously have never been to Boston and no nothing about Boston.

I have to say the way you talk out there is annoying beyond belief. . .

Yes and I will be there in a few weeks.......I've been going to Florida since 1988 often twice a year. Boston isn't a major city but Miami is? It's all sour grapes if you ask me it's turned into well since our fans suck our city is more fun kinda argument. Miami beach is Miami beach im not trying to say that Boston is "more fun" then Miami beach because thats where everyone goes to vacation from Boston. It's either Aruba or Florida hands down. In regards to ticket sales , Yes Parcells did help turn things around but the fact still remains Dolphins fans don't give a turd. Like someone else stated--------->

1.) This guy Ozzy seems to think that the reason Dolphin fans don't go to the games is because there is more outdoor activities in Miami. Well, he's just proving a point. Pats fans are better because it doesn't matter what there is to do, I'd still rather go to a game (and isn't a football game an outdoor activity?).
2.) If there's so much more to do in Miami then how come they don't have a problem filling up the Orange Bowl for Hurricane games on saturdays? I guess there must be more outdoor activities on sunday.

On top of that from what my buddies said on his trip to Miami last season is that you can go up to the stadium and buy a couple of tickets on the sunday of the game, here the seats sell out for the whole season within a few minutes.

Originally posted by XoPhinsoX

I have to say the way you talk out there is annoying beyond belief. . .

LOL, now I know this guy must have been to BAWSTIN to eat some CHOWDA and go to some PAWTYS! LOL!

Hehe

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok Im done..just had to defend my team and city. No one ever said the Dolphins suck. They get nuff respect here in Boston. Every city claims to have the best fans but im not claiming that we do. I was just here in self defense of my hometown......cya on the gridiron

LOL, your kidding right? Foxboro stadium is only about 25 minutes from Boston with no traffic. Now what are you going to tell me Boston is back woods?......LMAO! Ummm yeah ok. I dont need a magazine to know about the place I live here. Miami has the beach and bars we have all that and way much more, nice try though. Desperation is something else eh' ?

LMFAO!! That and so much more? Like what Frozen Sea World? Snow Hunting? Bob Sled anyone? Ice Sculpture contests? Snow Man Contests? ICE FISHING? How about a nice day at the Museum?

The next thing your going to sell me is the supposed waiting list on UN BUILT HOMES right?

Yeah people are just flocking toooo NE!!!!!:rolleyes2

Yes and I will be there in a few weeks.......I've been going to Florida since 1988 often twice a year. Boston isn't a major city but Miami is? It's all sour grapes if you ask me it's turned into well since our fans suck our city is more fun kinda argument. Miami beach is Miami beach im not trying to say that Boston is "more fun" then Miami beach because thats where everyone goes to vacation from Boston. It's either Aruba or Florida hands down. In regards to ticket sales , Yes Parcells did help turn things around but the fact still remains Dolphins fans don't give a turd. Like someone else stated--------->

1.) This guy Ozzy seems to think that the reason Dolphin fans don't go to the games is because there is more outdoor activities in Miami. Well, he's just proving a point. Pats fans are better because it doesn't matter what there is to do, I'd still rather go to a game (and isn't a football game an outdoor activity?).
2.) If there's so much more to do in Miami then how come they don't have a problem filling up the Orange Bowl for Hurricane games on saturdays? I guess there must be more outdoor activities on sunday.

On top of that from what my buddies said on his trip to Miami last season is that you can go up to the stadium and buy a couple of tickets on the sunday of the game, here the seats sell out for the whole season within a few minutes.

Im not sure what happened to the Miami Dolphin fans as a whole. They used to pack them in at the Orange Bowl.

Maybe its the stadium, I cant say its the stadium for sure cause I have never seen a game at Pro Player, I have been to Foxboro a few times and sat in the 300s. Even up there the cement bowl had good seats, but the stadium was aweful.

When I say major city Im talking to 20 population, Bostons population is about 600k proper. (not including the influx of college students) and Miami has a few million thats all.

You will find once you leave the North East cities around the US are more like Big Suburbs and people just work in the city.

And yes I go to Florida every year to vacation like most northeners. Most people there I bet are from the north so what does that make Miami? Yes like you said a city of transplants. Who the hell is really from there, LMAO? LOL! I also visit the islands and any other warm place during the winter. Your missing the point though. We are talking football not weather and beaches bro. Now your going to tell me there is nothing in Philly, NY, Washington, Boston, Chicago....C'mon man. Your sounding like an *** thats desperatley trying to make a point. Boston most likely has more bars, clubs and pubs then Miami crammed into 1 square mile my friend, lol. Any work there? Can you take on a real life there? Raise kids there? What else besides getting drunk? Any other damn teams there besides the Dolphins that count?
Just though I'd drop some facts while you were "off" the subject of football. Any how the point is if Foxboro had a 70,000+ stadium it will still be sold out. The Patriots fan base is truly a "New England" fan base. We are talking fans from Rhode Island, Massachusetts,New Hampshire, Conneticut, Maine, Vermont. No way you can get in that joint with so may people waiting in the wings. Boston is 25 minutes away and not far from the Celtics and Bruins at the Fleet Center. Go Visit the 100+ clubs and bars outside the stadium or over in the North End(little Italy), Beacon Hill, Financial District and in the summer not far from Fenway Park Lansdown street for the clubs, bars and the Red Sox. You can go up the street to the rest of the frickin 100+ Bars and clubs on Boylston and Newbury streets or go up Mass ave a few blocks away over the bridge into Cambridge to go to about another 100+ bars on Mass Ave. Hmmm bored, well then head to Saugus, Revere, Somerville or Quincy to another who knows how many bars, pubs and clubs within cab, Subway or walking distance..LMAO. Get my drift?

OMG! Thanks a lot sqwiggy for call me an A-Hole! And thanks a lot for proving my point, which I clearly pointed out! there is absolutely nothing to do in NE!!! Year round drinking in bars club, and pubs! And year round sports! Maybe you should have added all the Bostonian Tea Parties!!!!

Beacon Hill? Financial District? My goodness man! When you visit Florida I suggest you don't take your kids to the Seaquarium! It's probably boring to most Floridians but your kids might never want to go home. For they would have had more fun in a few hours, from visiting one place, than they ever had at the Polar Bear rescue, or all their lives in NE for that matter!!!

Oh BTW, speaking of work, how good is it when the snow falls?

And we all know everyone goes to NE to raise their kids!! That was a real stupid remark Sqwiggy!

Try reading all of my replies Sqwiggy before you throw another TANTRUM!

You know like the one where I stated NE has EXCELLENT fans....and so on and so forth. Blah blah blah.

Originally posted by ethand420
Thanks Wiggy, excellent reply...

I posted 10 articles (some dated the first day of the season last year after tickets HAD LONG since been assigned) all stating the patriots had between 50 & 60,000 people on their waiting list.

Since none of them are dated today, Ozzy is claiming that their is no proof that the list is that long today. LIke everyone just dropped off of it. And then he claims is Bob Kraft lying... lol.

Sure Miami sold more seats last year than the patriots did last year for the sole fact that they have more seats. In my opinion though, the fact the patriots sell out in minutes, always pack a full house, and have a very long waiting list pretty much trumps how many seats Miami sells in their bigger stadium. We both know the Patriots would EASILY sell out their stadium. In fact I think we could sell out 1 and 1/2 of their stadiums. lol. Miami has great fans and is a great city, but to say their is nothing to do in Boston is just ridiculous. Nowhere in any of my posts did I ever ridicule the city of Miami, etc.. Admit your wrong, Ozzy.

I am not wrong.

There is nothing to do in NE!! So Sports is a must! And you should reread my posts, you know the one where I said NE has EXCELLENT FANS!!!! But I for one would never move there, and can probably count on one hand, the times I've herd anyone from there, now living here, say how great it is there.......but I guess there is always Alaska huh?

I never doubted for a second that there is not waiting list, but I still doubt the numbers! And for you to think Kraft would not pad his books, just to try and get more dollars, your kidding yourself!

I never called him a liar, you said I did. I just pointed out he probably is....... lmao

Originally posted by deathdisco

When I say major city Im talking to 20 population, Bostons population is about 600k proper. (not including the influx of college students) and Miami has a few million thats all.

You will find once you leave the North East cities around the US are more like Big Suburbs and people just work in the city.

OK Miami has a few milion lets see the census....hmm says a little over 300 thou, the rest are on vacation bro!!!!!!!!!!!!! LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!! Get your facts right my friend. All in good trash talk but gotta lay facts on ya......... Similar to Boston because it says close too 700 thousand but places like Brookline, Cambridge, somerville, Medford and so on are considered GREATER Boston which puts us over the ummm 1.2 mill mark. Those folks work and occupy the city on a daily basis. Anyhow enough non sense.........good luck in the bloodbath called the AFC.

http://factfinder.census.gov/bf/_lang=en_vt_name=DEC_2000_SF1_U_DP1_geo_id=16000US1245000.html

Good luck this season guys im gone

Please! Don't put words in my mouth! I listed a long line of things other reasons for Miami to have BUILT a SMALLER STADIUM! It was not a knock on the things to do, or if there were any in NE. And for NE to have built a larger one! But since you wanted to defend your town, and your team, calling me an Azz Hole.........just because I said WHAT IS THERE TO DO? Jeezz. I mean did I come out and say NE Fu$#ing Sux? Nope!

Don't blame me for this turning into smack.

He was lying! Not for the NE game, or any other, they all sold out, and the only way was too walk up and get one from a scalper!

BUT THE ORIGINAL POINT OF THIS THREAD WAS MIAMI SAT MORE BUTTS IN THE SEAT LAST YEAR AND "ETHAND" COULD NOT STAND IT!! HE TRIED TO CHANGE IT AROUND............

If I offended anyone I apologize it's just good sports and hometown bashing for fun. I wouldn't say anything like that about anyone. I don't know you guys you could be priests or something, lol. Oh father forgive me for I have sinned,lol....just kidding. Seriously though If I did offend you Oz my bad bro. Sorry..........ok Im gone for real this time! Behave!

If I offended anyone I apologize it's just good sports and hometown bashing for fun. I wouldn't say anything like that about anyone. I don't know you guys you could be priests or something, lol. Oh father forgive me for I have sinned,lol....just kidding. Seriously though If I did offend you Oz my bad bro. Sorry..........ok Im gone for real this time! Behave!

I've been doing the message board thing for quite a long time! No offense taken whatsoever, heck I said thanks. :D

Have a good time when you visit here!

peace out.

OK Miami has a few milion lets see the census....hmm says a little over 300 thou, the rest are on vacation bro!!!!!!!!!!!!! LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!! Get your facts right my friend. All in good trash talk but gotta lay facts on ya......... Similar to Boston because it says close too 700 thousand but places like Brookline, Cambridge, somerville, Medford and so on are considered GREATER Boston which puts us over the ummm 1.2 mill mark. Those folks work and occupy the city on a daily basis. Anyhow enough non sense.........good luck in the bloodbath called the AFC.

http://factfinder.census.gov/bf/_lang=en_vt_name=DEC_2000_SF1_U_DP1_geo_id=16000US1245000.html

Good luck this season guys im gone

I stand corrected, I thought miami was much bigger oh well, then again I just found out that Atlanta has only 400k people

Im guessing you dont live in boston but in the burbs, just a guess.

Anyways once you leave cities in the NE like NYC, Boston, Philly Ill throw in Chicago in the Midwest, the rest of the US the cities do look like big burbs. Hell I live in atlanta and it looks like Westchester NY, or Marblehead in MA.

Back
Top Bottom