Sorry, Miami Dolphins, The Green Bay Packers Will Have Temps In 20s, Points In 30s | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Sorry, Miami Dolphins, The Green Bay Packers Will Have Temps In 20s, Points In 30s

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
1993-Cowboys-Dolphins-Pete-Stoyanovich-snow.jpg

DOLPHINS THIS WEEK

DOLPHINS (5-4) at PACKERS (3-4-1)

Line: GB by 10

Cote’s pick: GB 37-20

TV: 4:25 p.m., CBS

Quotation of the week to Dolphins coach Adam Gase, who said it deadpan-perfect, when asked if his defense could carry the momentum of last week’s domination of the Jets into this Sunday’s game in Green Bay: “Aaron Rodgers is a little different than Sam Darnold.” I might further note that Mr. Rodgers also is a little different than Brock Osweiler. And that temperatures diving into the 20s at Lambeau Field will be a little different for the Fins than the advantageous comfort of home humidity. I’m scrounging around for reasons to believe in a Miami upset, and finding the cupboard bare short of assuming least a couple of Dolphins takeaways.

https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/greg-cote/article221278200.html

1993-Cowboys-Dolphins-Pete-Stoyanovich-snow.jpg

DOLPHINS THIS WEEK

DOLPHINS (5-4) at PACKERS (3-4-1)

Line: GB by 10

Cote’s pick: GB 37-20

TV: 4:25 p.m., CBS

Quotation of the week to Dolphins coach Adam Gase, who said it deadpan-perfect, when asked if his defense could carry the momentum of last week’s domination of the Jets into this Sunday’s game in Green Bay: “Aaron Rodgers is a little different than Sam Darnold.” I might further note that Mr. Rodgers also is a little different than Brock Osweiler. And that temperatures diving into the 20s at Lambeau Field will be a little different for the Fins than the advantageous comfort of home humidity. I’m scrounging around for reasons to believe in a Miami upset, and finding the cupboard bare short of assuming least a couple of Dolphins takeaways.

https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/greg-cote/article221278200.html
I didn't read the article, but other than the temperature is there any wind or precipitation (rain, ice, snow) in the forecast?

If Rodgers can't throw the ball that could help us out.

The temperature has no significance in this game. Our secondary will be shredded. I think 40+ points is a better guess, assuming Rodgers plays the second half. This will be grim.

Temperature lower than the points given up against doesn’t seem like too much of a stretch to me.

2010 we beat Rodgers 23-20 in GB, In 2014 he beat us in Miami 27-24 on a last second score. Recent history doesn't have Rodgers destroying us like some claim. I will concede though that our defense before the Jets game was horrible. I would like to think that BOTH Gase and Burke can make a plan for Rodgers and his abilities. GB desperately needs a win, but Burke does as well to likely keep his job, haha!

2010 we beat Rodgers 23-20 in GB, In 2014 he beat us in Miami 27-24 on a last second score. Recent history doesn't have Rodgers destroying us like some claim. I will concede though that our defense before the Jets game was horrible. I would like to think that BOTH Gase and Burke can make a plan for Rodgers and his abilities. GB desperately needs a win, but Burke does as well to likely keep his job, haha!
You are living in the Land of Delusion. I want this team to win, but I live in reality.

Last edited:
Cloudy and mid-30s is the forecast. It’ll get dark quicker since DST is over. It will be cold but as we discuss every year, these guys are men and shouldn’t have a huge issue with it.

If we can keep this thing a "one score" game into the 4th quarter, we may pull it out.
Definitely can't afford to be chasing them from behind for the whole game.
6-4 going into the BYE week would be really nice, but it's gonna take a full team effort to pull it out.

We havent even been able to come close to stopping a QB who can actually scan the field and find open wr's. I think this one is going to get ugly quick... why cant we play Sam Darnold every week?

Cloudy and mid-30s is the forecast. It’ll get dark quicker since DST is over. It will be cold but as we discuss every year, these guys are men and shouldn’t have a huge issue with it.

Agreed. Perfect football temp IMO.

All this talk about Rodgers destroying the Dolphins this week is kinda funny, considering the Packers have only 3 wins this year, and barely beat some bad teams (like the 49ers), including losing to the raiders and lions.

I am a big fan of Rodgers, but he can't do everything. If football was a one player sport he'd be undefeated no doubt, but this IS reality and there are still 21 other players on the field that have to do their jobs, and lately they have not been doing that in GB.

I am not predicting a win, but ppl automatically marking this as a loss is just laughable.

Also, they got a road game in Seattle next Thursday, so who knows how this game will play out.

Back
Top Bottom